Which Supermarket is best?

Phil3822

Hi all, I have all the main supermarkets close by and am wondering which one is best for Slimming World. I know this is probably a difficult question and subjective but I would appreciate peoples views and why if not to much problem.

Thanks all.

Best thing is to check the bargain thread weekly and shop around. Stock up on your favourites on offer

I think aldi are great for cheap sf.. but so can any supermarket be. .its all in the promotions! !

99p land/bm/pound land are great for syns & hexb stuff too

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I agree about Aldi and the superfree. it is fab for fruit and vegetables. The super 6 does be very good sometimes also :)

I use aldi for fruit and veg, buy my chicken breasts at makro 5k for 19.99, usually 21 breasts in there and Morrisons are fab for other meats and fish :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thanks for the replies. Due to working very long hours and having little time I normally shop online which removes most of my bargain hunting. I tend to just go with which Supermarket has the best selection for SW but have no idea which one if any that is. Thanks.

I don't think there is a single best supermarket - it will depend what you are buying and what's on offer at the time. Plan you meals for the week and then use mySupermarket.co.uk - Compare supermarket prices | Online supermarket shopping | Save Money on Top Offers to compare the prices on your shop, it will tell you which is the best price based on what you are buying that week. A lot of people swear by Aldi but I find it a false economy as the fruit and veg from my local store doesn't last, I can't get quorn stuff or syn free yoghurts x

I don't think there is a single best supermarket - it will depend what you are buying and what's on offer at the time. Plan you meals for the week and then use mySupermarket.co.uk - Compare supermarket prices | Online supermarket shopping | Save Money on Top Offers to compare the prices on your shop, it will tell you which is the best price based on what you are buying that week. A lot of people swear by Aldi but I find it a false economy as the fruit and veg from my local store doesn't last, I can't get quorn stuff or syn free yoghurts x

MySupermarket is really good, I've used it before and you can add what you want to buy to your basket and then when checking out you'll be redirected to the supermarkets website with your full basket ready and waiting :D
I also agree, the fruit and veg I've had from Aldi or Lidl do go bad rather quickly so I usually buy frozen veg and a bit of fresh Asda or Tesco fruit.

We only have a Tesco nearby but if you have a clubcard, they send you vouchers for the things you buy the most which is great!

Back