• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Whilst in abstinence have you...

katalena

Enjoying life!
...exerted yourself so much that you just can't seem to get "it" back!

As some know, I did the 10k Race for Life yesterday, I ran two 3rd's of it. I KNOW I over-did it, I KNOW I ran more than I should have and I KNOW I did this to myself.

But, my god, today I am zonked! I was out of it yesterday afternoon and I expected to be. Very light-headed and just wiped out. Had an early night, slept well and woke this morning with a cracking headache and still wiped out. Have not been to work today and have done pretty much nothing - still zonked, my head is heavy and uncomfortable.

I guess my questions is (and I know I am answering it for myself) will a couple of days sort me out?

I am drinking plenty and having my food packs at regular intervals. I also added a touch of salt to my soup last night.

Thanks in advance

Kat xx

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

Minerva

...we're sinking deeper.
I really hope it will clear up my dear: but; with a VLCD and excessive exercise you do have to be so very, VERY careful: because with the amount of calories you are consuming you can do some damage to your brain and heart muscles. I need to go research this because I read something the other day about prolonged VLCD damaging proper brain function which would explain a lot of my memory loss problems in the last 6-8 months.
So I'll get back to you on this. I'd suggest honestly, just resting yourself, and not doing any more exercise for now.
x

Minerva

...we're sinking deeper.
Here are links to two interesting articles; which certainly make sense. So I would advise you not to exert yourself at all during abstinence; you honestly don't have the calories/glycogen stores to deal with it. The only thing you are doing when you over-do it at a time like this: is damaging your body. I certainly felt it too when I over-did it, and now being completely off the diet: I still feel the fuzzy, absent-minded ness even now. I fully believe my memory has suffered as a result of nearly year and a half's worth of calorie restriction on such a level.

So please, be careful. :(

Nigee's Diet & Nutrition Blog: Very Low Calorie Diets (VLCDs)

http://www.minimins.com/general-wei...hat-i-think-very-low-calorie-diets-vlcds.html

scary stuff min
as you said, don't overdo things and listen to your body.

also do the milk weeks - i was feeling dizzy til i did mine - and again about week 21 so i added milk for a few days

being slim is great, but not at the price of your health

daisy x

katalena

Enjoying life!
It was a one off occasion that I would push myself like I did yesterdat whilst on a VLCD. I am expecting to be back feeling tip top tomorrow.

Kat xx

lucylastic

Silver Member
I recently joined a health club, and have been swimming almost every day, and doing a lot of lengths. Today I made the decision I'm not going again for a couple weeks, until I start RTM, as I just feel so dreadful. It makes sense I guess, we're taking in so few calories, that to expect our bodies to be able carry us through a lot of additional exertion is asking too much.

Congrats on doing the 10k though - now rest!! :)

katalena

Enjoying life!
You will all be pleased to know I am tip top again now!!

Kat xx