Whitechapel

Well I won't ruin things for you Smint :D

Oh I missed tonights, I'm going to have to watch it on catch up.:cool:

It was good, much better than last weeks and a bit more fraught! Defo watch it HH x

Just caught up with it - was better than last week's I thought, although it did give DH the opportunity to make waaay too many bad jokes :cry:

My OH made the "Bow chka bow wow" noise everytime flirting occured!

When they found the body part at the side of the river, DH said, "She can't have been a very good dancer . . . two left feet"

At that point, I hit him. Hard :D

Did anyone watch tonight? Freaked me out a bit. We have a vast array of weird and wonderful theories about this episode!

I hate masks too...it scared the bejeesus out of me.

Anyone willing to share their theories on it?

I watched it - I don't seem to be able not to watch it, even though I'm getting a bit bored with the whole 'copy-cat' element of it, and their insistence on roaming round houses in the dark, crashing into things and destroying potential evidence, in almost every episode! I still seem to be hooked on it though!

Theories .... hmmm... I'm usually pretty good at guessing these kind of things, but I'm not sure on this one - one of the cops doesn't trust the counsellor, so it will be interesting to see how that pans out. I'd be very surprised if it were the bloke who has just escaped. Could it be, in a 'shock' move, the ripperologist bloke with the crime archives - unable to cope with the fact that he didn't speak out in time about the other crime - hence the focus on the throat and speaking. (I would make it him, just to get rid of him, cos I don't like him!)

No other ideas. I will be watching next week though. :)

I think Mantis- the escapee- is actually the guy who was randomly shown being arrested for drunk and disorderly. So it can't be him, he's in police custody.

I think it's got to have something to do with the counsellor: part of me thinks he tied a bow around her throat because she didn't speak much- she was a listener. I'm sure she actually said "i had a gift for listening" So i'm convinced it will be someone to do with her.

My stab in the dark guess is that it's going to be the guy who ran into the police station to alert them of the masked bloke in the street. Doubt they'd do away with a major character, and why wouldn't you just call the station?? Besides, it's ALWAYS someone who appears in it for 3 seconds- see series 1, series 3 episodes 1,2,3 and 4 haha.

I need to wait until the last 10mins of the last episode to give my theories:rolleyes:

My thoughts are - is the crime archive guy bit (when he talks to the psycologist) from the past or is it in the present day? What has the psychologist got to do with it all, she did hold her breath for a long time; does she hold the clue to the real identity of the killer, at the moment random people seem to be targeted, why did the young girl escape, could it have something to do with ex-boyfriends & being dumped; the first girl to be murdered had just dumped her bf & the psycologist mentions ex boyfriends, mmmmmmmm now I think there must be a link between the two girls.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Oh no, how does the young lad at the end come into my thoughts:confused: And why did he have his mouth stitched up, that was completly different than the other two.

Ok just brainstorming now, but even though I love watching these types of programmes my brain never puts it all together until the very end:D

Okie dokie, I must stop now, I'm on my lunch at work & my brain is just going mental:p

I think Mantis- the escapee- is actually the guy who was randomly shown being arrested for drunk and disorderly. So it can't be him, he's in police custody.

I think it's got to have something to do with the counsellor: part of me thinks he tied a bow around her throat because she didn't speak much- she was a listener. I'm sure she actually said "i had a gift for listening" So i'm convinced it will be someone to do with her.

My stab in the dark guess is that it's going to be the guy who ran into the police station to alert them of the masked bloke in the street. Doubt they'd do away with a major character, and why wouldn't you just call the station?? Besides, it's ALWAYS someone who appears in it for 3 seconds- see series 1, series 3 episodes 1,2,3 and 4 haha.

Yes - I don't believe he really thought she was dead either. She's bound to have some skeletons in the cupboard - the counsellors in these things always do! Good call on the bloke who ran into the station.

Flippin eck, you've got an eye for detail, I'd never noticed that.

Happy Holidays said:
Flippin eck, you've got an eye for detail, I'd never noticed that.

Not really, I just noticed these bits because I thought they must be integral to the story if they've chosen to focus on them at such an inoppportune moment!! I got onto the murderer in the last story because he was in it for 2 seconds in part one and I thought he was too big an actor for such a minor role! No logic behind it though, haha.

As for that counsellor, obv we are supposed to pick up on the younger officer not trusting her and she defo hesitated for too long when they asked if she knew the escapee......long lost member of the mentis family and only survivor? Went through witness protection, leading a double life, goes back to the house regularly hence why the locals think it's haunted? Hmmmm possibly too far fetched?

Ooo I love white chapel. Can I join your discussion?
I think it's the male physcologist (I can't remember his extract employment) I mean the bloke who was giving all the info regarding Mentis whilst he was in prison. I can't make all the links but gut instinct is telling me him

I think we were supposed to think he was him because he came accross as sinister, but I'm not sure it can be him because he was in the police station when the whole street thing occurred?

Unless he's put a lunatic up to it?

Back