Who can stop when they're full?!

sharron12

I had a syn free dinner of sw chips, gammon, mushrooms, tomatoes, egg and peas (yes it was a bit big:rolleyes:) About 3 quarters of the way through i was completely satisfied and while my brain was saying 'STOP NOW!' i kept on eating until the plate was cleared. I just hate the thought of waste! It's made me realise that I need to make my portions smaller otherwise I'll be piling on weight not losing it! Anyone else struggle with portion sizing?

I struggle sometimes, but I have got better at not completely piling my plate up, because I'm the same, I can't seem to bring myself to leave something on the plate

I was always bought up to finish everything on my plate before i could leave the table so thats the mindframe i have now, I try to just bundle my plate with salad so although im eating everything on there its actually ok to eat lol!!

Saying that, With pasta dishes and big potato meals i have found myself leaving some because im full which i have never done!!

Yes I have that problem! I have started making a meal and just putting half of what I've made on my plate. That way once I've finished if I still feel hungry I have more to eat and if I'm full I have lunch for the next day!
I also make sure I eat at least half my superfree (only if its separate on my plate of course and not in the meal like a bolognese) before starting the non superfree. After all that's the point of the 1/3 superfree to leave you less room- thought I would start making a concious effort to eat it first and it made a big difference.

I bought a smaller plate :) xxx

I have tried to cut down my portions as I can eat hundreds lol well that's what it feels like and like above I put about half on the plate and top up later if I want to x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I have to make a conscious effort too stop when I'm full. Otherwise I just plough on and troff the lot lol. I keep forgetting though :( I need a tattoo on my forking hand that says STOP in big red letters :)

ScarlettStar86 said:
Yes I have that problem! I have started making a meal and just putting half of what I've made on my plate. That way once I've finished if I still feel hungry I have more to eat and if I'm full I have lunch for the next day!
I also make sure I eat at least half my superfree (only if its separate on my plate of course and not in the meal like a bolognese) before starting the non superfree. After all that's the point of the 1/3 superfree to leave you less room- thought I would start making a concious effort to eat it first and it made a big difference.

I was going to suggest deliberately making too much and saving some for another time that way if you need more it's there and if not it isn't a waste.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Interesting point here Scarlett - when I have a roast I always make sure that I get my veg down me before the meat and potatoes. I also hate waste so have actually cut my portions slightly but the beauty of SW is that if you are really hungry, then you can eat a huge meal. x

I have a problem with the Slimmingeats Roast BNS Risotto, my head wants to save some but my greedy head always wants more! So now I pop mine in a bowl with the BNS on tip and whatever green veg on top of that so I HAVE to eat the SF first lol!

I try to follow the 20 minute rule now. I put a smaller portion than I would have had before I my plate - in fact i tend to use a smaller plate, and if I'm still hungry afterwards i wait 20 minutes, and if I am still hungry I eat some more.

Most of the time I don't go and eat some more.

Sometimes I eat 3 platefuls cos I'm starving!

Put your food on your plate before its cooked (obv not raw meat!!!) but veggies and stuff like that, then you can see if you have got your third of superfree and then not overcook/waste the other foods.

Or cook more and freeze/save it for lunchtime the next day! x

Back