Who does this???

SJH1985

Hi peeps, had a bit of an argument with my mum tonight over WW as she feels I've become a bit obsessive over food, weigh ins and pro points in general....... My defence is that if I'm not totally focused I end up cheating which is only cheating myself hence being WW mad!!!!

I understand where my mum is coming from as she was very much the same when she lost 50lbs a couple of years ago however this time round she is taking a much more relaxed approach and in fairness we are both losing :)

The reason my mum has said something is because I have a tendency to save my points throughout the day by eating 0PP foods because I'm terrified I won't have enough and go on a splurge......silly as this has never happened yet!

I'm frightened of putting the weight back on hence my borderline obsession with WW!!!!!

Has anyone else experienced these kind of feelings/thoughts or an I just going over the top??? Xxxxx

i dont think your wrong with what you are doing but your mum is just being a good mum in worrying about you, its just what mums do lol:)

I dont think that you're going over the top - I have a safety net of points that I like to keep too, my OH caught me weighing brown sauce the other day and just gve me "the look" - he knows what I'm like - one piece of advice maybe to meal plan then you know exactly what you'll be having for your tea and how much you have for in the day. I've found this really helpful for when I want a bit of a blow out in the evening and I know I've got to cut back in the day.

Stokegal x

I'm having the same argument with my boyfriend he says that I have to have a life which is true but he wants to go out for lunch and dinner and drinks every weekend and I just can't do it so I've had to say its just the odd treat because it has stalled my losses Im so near target that I can't even use my weeklies now if I want a loss so it's very hard. He doesn't understand that and thinks I'm boring :( I can't win

Stokegal- that's a great idea about planning my meals in advance, defo gonna give that a go this week and I'll hopefully spread my points out a bit more evenly :)

Baby belle - funny you should say that as I've just had an argument with my Boyf in asda over what to have for tea...... He suggests things that are ridiculously high in points and I'm sick of having to cook all the time so tonight I would have been happy with a WW meal slung in the oven with tons of BNS and he can eat what he bloody well wants!!!!

He says I'm taking it too seriously and I just burst into tears in asda as I'm livid!!!! Easy when you can eat like a horse and not put weight on!!!!! He's usually MEGA supportive but I think he's now fed up too of WW :-( :-( :-( Xxxxxx

SJH1985 said:
Stokegal- that's a great idea about planning my meals in advance, defo gonna give that a go this week and I'll hopefully spread my points out a bit more evenly :)

Baby belle - funny you should say that as I've just had an argument with my Boyf in asda over what to have for tea...... He suggests things that are ridiculously high in points and I'm sick of having to cook all the time so tonight I would have been happy with a WW meal slung in the oven with tons of BNS and he can eat what he bloody well wants!!!!

He says I'm taking it too seriously and I just burst into tears in asda as I'm livid!!!! Easy when you can eat like a horse and not put weight on!!!!! He's usually MEGA supportive but I think he's now fed up too of WW :-( :-( :-( Xxxxxx

That exactly how I feel we are not talking at the mo because I didn't fancy getting drunk tonight and going out for dinner as well as lunch I said there's no need ! I am full for one and two I just font fancy drinking tonight when I have to get up tomo he said I'm obsessed with it and is being an arse I'm so annoyed because he didnt get his own way he is blaming me and my diet, I am doing this for him as well as me!

Girls, I know what you mean. I was the same with slimming world - my bf was very supportive of the fact I wanted to lose weight but then he would offer me to go to subway, or mcdonalds and it would really grate on me! And with my mum if I was too strict i would get the "oh but you can have this/that..." and if I was relaxed i would get the "you could try harder" lol. Cannot win!

Started WW on Monday. And yes I am obsessing. I am weighing every flake of cereal, every grain of rice, every slither of mayo! I put down any 0pp. Because I want to make sure I'm doing it right tbh! And I really want to lose as much weight in the next 2 months as I can (and before Uni gets too stressful!)

I would recommend writing down everything and planning meals in advance :) spoke to my sister today who is so shocked by my ever-growing daily food diary and weight loss (mid-week weigh in says ive lost 3.5lbs lol) has decided to do WWs too at home!! She often wakes up about 1am and snacks on chocolate or biscuits - often ruining a diet - but after trying one of my WW cake bars for 2pp I told her to keep 4pp free of an evening so she can accommodate her midnight snacks without guilt!

Hope you continue your amazing weight loss girls. Wish our friends and family could be more supportive but I think if you haven't done it then you can't comment really. You know your body and you know what you need to do/not do in order to lose the weight for good!! xx

There's something wonderful about a [STRIKE]diet[/STRIKE] healthy eating plan that means I can have a fab breakfast, nice lunch, gorgeous dinner and *still* have points left for nutella & banana on toast for supper!

Back