Who has gone from lipotrim to the atkins

xxjoxx

Hi all im trying to loss weight for my wedding in august so far so good on lipotrim, but was thinking of changing to the atkins has anyone done this? Did alot of weight go on, Im on thyroid tablets will the atkins diet be ok for me to do, would like to hear from others who have changed??

Hi XXJoXX,

I did LT last year to lose weight for my wedding, lost 2 stone, but didn't do LT refeed, so put on half a stone in the 2 weeks after my wedding, then went onto Atkins, and lost 10 lbs, over a couple of weeks, and maintained for a couple of months.

I only regained when I started eating loads of carbs again, then just went totally off the rails up to now! Hence massive regain.

I would heartily recommend Atkins as a sensible and enjoyable way of maintaining.

Have you done Atkins before?

Jenny x

Hi thanks for the reply, i have done atkins but years ago, i think its changed quite alot, lipotrim is working really well, just finding it hard when people around me wants to go out for meals like mothers day the kids and hubby 2 be wants to take me out, so i was thinking instead of going out we could have a bbq and i could change to atkins diet. Have you started again? will you be doing atkins?
all the best xxx

Im doing lipotrim again just finished my first week and lost 6lbs.

I have a lot to lose 4 stone!! And want to achieve it by July for my hols, I then plan on doing atkins for the rest of the summer, then probably go back on lipotrim in Sept to lose final stone to get to final target of 10 stone. :)

Hi jen, well done with your lbs thats gone thats brill!!!
Im going to try and stick to it as long as i cant, just find it hard if the family want to go out for dinner ect?
When is your weight in day?
good luck for your next weight in
:):):):):)

Hi ladies, have you heard of the Harcombe diet? It's similar to Atkins in that it's low carb but I think it allows more flexibility ultimately. It's worth looking into. I intend to follow its principles to maintain once I've reached goal with LT. Incidentally, you could always just cheat on LT if you are finding social occasions hard. Just stick to protein foods and don't go mad and you shouldn't gain although you might not lose as quickly. A friend of mine is doing LT but is only 100% on average two or three days a week and the rest of the time she has two shakes and a low carb meal in the evening and she's still losing - 13lbs in three weeks up to now. Good luck whatever you decide.

Hi the trouble with me is i couldnt just eat a little bit of a piggy hence the weight ive gained, thanks ill look into that diet too
good luck

I find atkins a little severe, instead look up Harcombe diet, buy 2 books on amazon for £7. Very good diet and simaler to atkins, my brother lost 4 stone on it! x

My weigh in day is Wednesday, fingers crossed this week!!

curvygirlyclaire said:
I find atkins a little severe, instead look up Harcombe diet, buy 2 books on amazon for £7. Very good diet and simaler to atkins, my brother lost 4 stone on it! x

You're soooooo pretty x

Your welcome.. Been meaning to tell you that for ages... Every time one of your posts pops up it makes me smile... Cos I like seeing people smile... You look really happy... And happiness spreads happiness...:) x

sigourney said:
Your welcome.. Been meaning to tell you that for ages... Every time one of your posts pops up it makes me smile... Cos I like seeing people smile... You look really happy... And happiness spreads happiness...:) x

Actually, ditto to that and you have lovely curls too. Bet you were a little cute baby.

I plan to maintain on the Harcombe Diet at the end of all this, too, so it's great to hear that your brother did so well on it. I'm feeling more positive than ever now! :D

Yeah me 2 snap. What a fantastic book that is i cant put it down at the minute x

Atkins limits the amount of veg/salad and fruit, Harcombe doesn't.
Can't have fruit for the 1st 5 days on it then limits in to 2 pieces a day.
If you google it will give u info on it. Thats what i am going on after LT.
My brothers daily meals can be bacon,eggs, mushrooms,tomatoes and 95% meat sausages for breakfast (every day if he wants) egg,cheese,fish or chicken salads for lunch, roast dinner in evening without potatoes. Can have carbs like rice but have a veg curry with it.
I think the rule is you can have 50-75g of carbs a day so some have porridge for breakfast or jacket spud with salad and cottage cheese for lunch or tea, or rice in the evening with a veg not meat. 4 hours inbetween eating carbs and protein. and can snack inbetween if needed on cold meats/bioled eggs etc but trys not to as want to get used to 3 meals a day. This is so worth doing I have seen many friends on this diet and love it and never hungry!!! Sorry for this post to be all over the place im tired, x

That's what I figured basically... Minimal carb, high protein, that's kinda what I did after lipo in December... Maintained my weight for 3 months... Although I had some bad days and was not trying to lose... I think it's a fab way to maintain weight.... Once you have lost lots because you can set your own limits ... Like I know how many carbs I can get away with without gaining...so that's what I did... I minimised them and then had choc and curry as I wanted it... As i needed it !!!Worked great... It's a doable eating plan I think for those wishing to maintain and eat relatively normally ... Granted I missed the carb thing but you get used to it... Did not miss the lethargy and bloating that White floured products cause though so it has it's benefits.. x

My hubby is also loosely on it, most of the time he does it but he does have carbs quite a bit and he maintains his weight, he only had 1/2 stone to lose lol! but he has crisps, chocolate rice etc but just not loads. I think its just finding that balance.

Back