Who have you told?

katbroon

Just wondering, who have you told you're on a diet? Or do you tell everyone?

When I started it took my other half a week to notice I was weighing my food before he asked what I was doing? My sister know because she came to stay & I told one other friend because I didn't want to appear rude when she offered to share some food. For some reason I don't want to volunteer the information unless I have to.

Not sure if its a fear of failure or just I don't want to be classed as 'my friend on the diet'.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

It is something I have been more open about as I have gone through the process, particularly as more and more people have started to notice. Most of my good friends know now, but at the beginning I was very private about it. It is okay- this is a very personal journey.

Sent from my LG-LU3700 using MiniMins

When I was on, what are commonly called, Fad diets, I didn't tell anyone because I didn't want the doom and gloom merchants telling me 'Oooo you'll put it all back on ever so quick when you eat normally again' But now I've changed to a healthy life style and am losing the weight slowly, if I'm asked I just say that now I am in my 60's I've adopted a new life style and healthy eating is just a part of it. Then I change the subject.

I keep it a secret as far as possible. In fact I would rather nobody commented, but unaviodable at some point. People's reactions are strange - the one's who bug me most are those who say "Have you lost some weight? I always said you'd look better if you did" As if they fact that THEY thought so was part of your acheivement. Mind you some years ago on LL I went form 16.10 t0 12.4 in 14 weeks and my assistant NEVER mentioned it, we worked closely 5 days a week, and she rented a flat from me so I saw her outside work too. That was weird, but she respected my privacy.

Have you ever noticed that men comment on weight-loss when looking at your bum!

Only my fiancé knows. I consider anything to do with weight private

Katbroon, I've told people if they specifically ask. I have to be honest I believe my reticence is due to fear of failure.

At first I didn't tell any of my classmates from my evening class and it took me almost a year and a half (I actually waited until I had lost over 100 pounds) to tell them what I was doing. I don't think that anyone wanted to say anything! One of the girls who works in a shop near me asked my nan if I was sick as I had lost a lot of weight, and my boss said I looked different (although I had only been working there for four months but still losing weight). I told my family straight away but I didn't want to tell everyone else I was doing Weight Watchers in case they said something like "oh, you're fine how you are!" because that wasn't what I wanted to hear. Now I'm quite happy telling everyone who asks!

I've been telling everybody that will listen :)

My mum has been nagging at me to do something about my weight for so long so she's really pleased that I finally feel it's the time.
I live with other students so I like that they know so that they can offer me encouragement round the house. And for instance, they don't argue when I suggest I cook for everybody as opposed to a take out.
I like people to know because it means I'm less likely to fail. I don't want to be the fat girl who's always on diets but is still fat.

I told my best friend! In fact, we had one last meal of Japanese Ramen and beer before I embarked on my diet/lifestyle change. Then the weight started dropping and people started noticing... when that happened and people at my work place started asking, I just told them that yeah, I'm on this diet and exercising at the same time to lose the weight. Nothing to hide about it. In fact, I'm sort of proud that I'm facing up to the problem face-on! In recent days, I have a colleague who's smaller than I am, also committed to losing weight. So we're sort of diet/exercise buddies! We'll make sure we eat healthy and go for work-outs! I find that super helpful! =D And now, I find myself going on and on about it when asked by friends. LOL! Must learn to shut up bout it. haha...

S

Only my BF, although he isn't at all interested.
Told no one else at all.

Well apart from loads on here, and MFP.

Couple of people have told me I've lost weight and I've poo poohed it saying i doubt it.

I happily tell everyone! I think the more people you tell, the more accountable you become and the less you want to mess it up. xx

I just told a couple of co-workers - the group that we used to get lunch together. It's not because I don't want people to know, I wanna surprise them!

My husband, son and mother know. That's it for now. I'll take it day by day with the rest. I could do without the 'encouragement and advice' from others that I've had in the past. :rolleyes:

I'm on cd diet and no one knows lol.

I'm on day 3 feel like crap , body weights a tone and so so dizzy .

Feel like giving up and eating what everyone else is eating , the only thing that's keeping me going is that the reason I'm doing it.

Xxxx

I just tell everyone, I'm a chronic over-sharer :eek:

No one. People I go to group with from work know, but not told anyone else. To me its a very private thing, and its for life, so I would rather break and make good habits myself without other people's input.

I always used to keep it a secret, in my past attempts. But this time, I am really doing it - for real. And well... I really feel a difference this time in that this really is happening, and as such I am not hiding it at all. I am even putting it on Facebook with pictures - not of me, but of the equivalent of what I have lost in dog food bags. So far I am down 15kg, so the other day i posted a pic of a 15kg bag of dog food (sorry, I work in kg, not stone or pounds).

Back