Who here grows their own veg - Tip sharing

I have potatoes,runner beans, sweetcorn, parsnips, tomatoes, strawberries, peppers, lettuce, rocket, spinach and carrots on the go and all are doing well.

Honeyoc for a good website on growing veg try this one

Grow Your Own Magazine - GYO Growing & How To Grow Vegetables tomatoes & fruit from your garden - Tips on Growing

It has a forum where people talk in an easy to understand way and they have a beginners section called new shoots.

i am a first year grower and I have found out everything I need to know on there.

Happy gardening x

Hya,

all of mine is growing in big pots, I wish I had used a bigger pot for my potatos though, also in pound shops you can get bags to grow stuff in

Julia

Try a dustbin...............

I have a little veg patch with courgettes , peas ( I love them fresh out the pod .. I see more green days coming on when they are ready .....) , butternut squash ( not doing too well this year :( ) onions , alpine strawberries , and raspberries .. this years raspberry crop is amazing .. I am getting 2 big bowls full every day at the moment and my cats are keeping the birds away really well :) I love them with a little sweetener and some vanilla activia :)

Oo wow that's really good!!! Sounds delicious!!

oh yes, got into pickling, chutney, wine and jam making last year lol, go foraging in the fields round a bout for blackberries, sloes, haws and hips and stuff.

Proper little 'good life' going on here xx

I love making sloe gin - but all the pricking of them gets a little boring haha!!! You have loads growing though! Unfortunately the rabbits have got to the allotment quite a bit this year.

apparently if you put the sloes in the freezer it works the same as pricking them. Thats what I did last year and our sloe gin was lush xx

I have no idea what I am doing, but I am growing peppers, tomatoes and galia melon. The toms are huge and one of the melon plants appears to be trying to take over the conservatory...

I think I need to go find a trellis for it, or it's gonna grow on me... :eek:

I also have raspberries... but I can't really claim much credit other than I planted them outside 2 summers ago and this year theyre doing good, through no help of mine!

Back