Who is joining me on the Nightshift ??

Well thats true but the phone doesnt ring too often thru the night. Some nights are busier than others. I do prefer it when it is slightly busier as it does make the night fo in that wee bit faster!!

Guess when the shifts start you will need to set up a thread for conversation ideas to last 12 hours a time :) Going to need lots of luck!

Currently on my usual Saturday night 'hurty' shift, 10pm-3am, followed by 9am-6pm on a Sunday. I work from home, so it's not so bad, but it still sucks :)

It sounds horrendous!!! Think i prefer my 12 hour straight shift :) I think by lunchtime tomorrow, i would be struggling to stay awake so well done for doing it!! :)
Currently on my usual Saturday night 'hurty' shift, 10pm-3am, followed by 9am-6pm on a Sunday. I work from home, so it's not so bad, but it still sucks :)

Aye, I do stupid hours, 7am-1pm, then 5pm-11pm 4 days a week, then 11am-6pm, 10pm-3am Saturdays and as previously mentioned on Sundays.

Am barely awake if I'm honest!

Not sure I could do the nightshift hours you guys do!

I guess for me i know that when my shift is over, thats it for the rest of day, i would struggle with split shifts. Everyone likes different things, guess it's what keeps the workforce going!!

Indeed! I personally don't mind split shifts, but they can drag, and I know loads of folks hate them!

So how long have you got tonight till bed?

Well technically im allowed to go for a sleep now but im still wide awake... think ill lie down at 3 and see if i can dose a while. Otherwise, ill wait until i get home at half 9 and sleep until mid-afternoon :)

Mmmm sleep till the afternoon sounds like my idea of heaven at the moment! Not been able to do that for years!

Good luck with your doze, hope you manage to catch a couple of zzz's at least :)

Thanks... good luck for your next shift :) x

I thought i was bad with 7 straight nightshifts, dont know if i could do the split shifts !!! Welcome to my wee thread for all us hard workers out there lol xxx

Oooh Irvine. My family is from near there. Well, not from there, but live there. Or did. Dundonald, near Kilmarnock. They are originally from Thurso, and I was born in Irvine :D It causes great confusion down in England when I get asked for ID, nobody knows where Irvine is!

:D fab!! I am in Dreghorn which is about 7mins from Irvine. I work in Kilmarnock. I bet it causes alot of confusion for you x

I'm still up as I go back onto nights tomorrow after a week off so I'm trying to shift my body clock back to nocturnal. Will likely nod off soon though as I've been up since about 7am

Zoe

It is so difficult trying to go from nights to days! I have 4 days off when my nightshifts are finished on friday morning but then i am straight onto new shifts --- 12hrs. It will be like 2 days and then 3 nights etc. Going to be difficult and hoping that it does not hinder my diet!!! xxx

Gutted!!! I gained 3lbs this week!! I hv bn so good. I know I had a big loss when I got weighed on thursday and its only bn 4 days, wanted to loose 2lbs tonight for my club 10!! Now got 5lbs to get it! Could cry :( xx

Back