who is this man and what did he do to my Hubby??

Nika

hello

So I will start in the beginning. few months ago I noticed my Husband was stopping breathing while asleep and was snoring so loudly that the bed was shaking... I have forced him to the doctors and few months later he was diagnosed with sleep apnoea. What I did not know is that in the UK - we both not English- that sleep apnoea can influence the DVLA decision about his driving. he is not a driver or anything but was often tired etc. when the letter came in he got scarred :D and I have decided we are going on a diet. I was already being careful what I was eating and lost few pounds after my gall bladder removal in October but could not tell him because he would sabotage my eating very quickly. anyway I said he need to lose his fat or say bye bye to the driving license and rely on me to drive him :D he was not a happy bunny, he thinks a man without driving licence is like a man without his... you know. not a man :D
so 17 weeks ago we started SW. complete change, he lost 9 pounds in the first week ( we doing it from home with all the books etc). he got so hooked up that he will refuse to eat anything not SW friendly. goes to the gym EVERY day and tells me off when I sin.
today I got us a small pizza to share - the extra thin bottom and salad. its our first naughty food in 17 weeks so I don't see any harm in it, we both lost over 3 stones each and still loosing :)
if I only knew how much he will moan about being naughty and not feeling well after eating it and that we should have not eat his and it was such a waist of effort and he did not even enjoyed it I would have never brought that pizza home :D my question was who is he and what did he do with my bear bellied always ready to eat junk or go out and snoring husband??
now I have nearly flat bellied muscularly husband that does not snore and wears L size not XXL t-shirts!! poor me :cry: (don't get me wrong I still love him and am happy for his loses but it was only a half of a small pizza )
and my question is :) do you see people changing or you changing after going SW friendly? I know I have changed too, the other day we where in the gym at 9 am on a Sunday:eek:

how did SW changed your life philosophy??

The think with sw is when you are in a very bad place with food and weight, if you are in the right frame of mind it just clicks and it totally changes your life. It may be an odd thing to experience but your hubby is obviously seeing the massive benefit that changing his lifestyle has had on life and health and he probably doesn't want to go back to where he was. It is still a relatively new thing for you both, and it may be that when he reaches target he will relax a bit, or he may not and realise that it was the unhealthy food that caused his problems in the first place. It really can change your life and good for him I say! :) x

Hi

This is actually quite good. Maybe you were ready for a naughty treat but he wasn't.
When I used to have my alcohol free days planned in the week my boyfriend back then would want to drink and then I would have to drink too and I would feel bad about it.
I think next time when you want to have a cheat meal do it by yourself otherwise he'll blame you for it.
I know it used to take me one small thing like finding out my meat was cooked in oil to make me think oh well the day is ruined now i'll have to eat this chocolate pudding and crisps..etc
and it would spiral into a whole week or even month of binging..

Yes many people including myself change when going on a diet or after losing or gaining weight.
It's like when you're not drinking on a night out and everyone else is getting slaughtered u think.. wow they're having way too much..they should really stop etc.. same with diet u start noticing these things.

So..next time don't share this with him as he'll blame u for sabotaging.

Well done and congratulations to you both for doing so well. I agree with the comment above, maybe next time ask him if he wants a little treat first? If he says no - then that's his choice, it's great you are doing it together and supporting each other.

I have changed and can only describe like giving up smoking!! I am an ex smoker and have turned into one of those obnoxious poeple that really hates smokers!!! I can't stand the smell of it and am genuinally appalled by people who somke (I know that's soooooo bad!!). I'm getting the same way with food now.. I really would be horrified at a huge greasy fried breakast dripping with fat, but I used to love them.

I'm pleased that SW has changed me a little, I can look forward to being able to do things that I couldn't before. My weight was beginning to restrict me in a lot of ways and no I feel so much better. I'm never going to be super skinny and I wouldn't want to be, I just hoping that I can lead a healthy balanced life without nearly passing out if I have to walk up hill or run for a bus!!

X

But I did ask him :D
I would not sabotage his diet and in the past I did eat naughty things in work or when he's not around when he said he did not fancy anything like that. I think he is just over doing it a bit :D being on the scales twice - or more- times a day its not healthy :) and he is trying to prove to his mother that he can do it... I used to be the one who knows the diet and he would ask me what can he have and now... well now he is telling me "you should not have that its 3 sins you don't need..." I mean WTF...lol
I like the smoking comparison :D now I look at people and think that's not good for you...
I actually seen a woman in Iceland, she was picking her Tea or something and said to her friend " I can have this I just need to sin the gravy" and let me tell you the meal was not free (some kind of meat and chips ready made)

I guess we all going through changes :)

Hi Nika.
Welcome to SW and this website, we are here for the same reason, to loose weight!
Take a look at the recipes below by following the link, these are the ones I have developed for SW, there are hundreds on this website for all plans.A year ago I was like your husband but now that I have lost 6.5 stone I feel great, stopped taking over 1/2 of my tablets as I don't need them anymore!
Good luck and remember, we are here to help you.
Pete

hello

So I will start in the beginning. few months ago I noticed my Husband was stopping breathing while asleep and was snoring so loudly that the bed was shaking... I have forced him to the doctors and few months later he was diagnosed with sleep apnoea. What I did not know is that in the UK - we both not English- that sleep apnoea can influence the DVLA decision about his driving. he is not a driver or anything but was often tired etc. when the letter came in he got scarred :D and I have decided we are going on a diet. I was already being careful what I was eating and lost few pounds after my gall bladder removal in October but could not tell him because he would sabotage my eating very quickly. anyway I said he need to lose his fat or say bye bye to the driving license and rely on me to drive him :D he was not a happy bunny, he thinks a man without driving licence is like a man without his... you know. not a man :D
so 17 weeks ago we started SW. complete change, he lost 9 pounds in the first week ( we doing it from home with all the books etc). he got so hooked up that he will refuse to eat anything not SW friendly. goes to the gym EVERY day and tells me off when I sin.
today I got us a small pizza to share - the extra thin bottom and salad. its our first naughty food in 17 weeks so I don't see any harm in it, we both lost over 3 stones each and still loosing :)
if I only knew how much he will moan about being naughty and not feeling well after eating it and that we should have not eat his and it was such a waist of effort and he did not even enjoyed it I would have never brought that pizza home :D my question was who is he and what did he do with my bear bellied always ready to eat junk or go out and snoring husband??
now I have nearly flat bellied muscularly husband that does not snore and wears L size not XXL t-shirts!! poor me :cry: (don't get me wrong I still love him and am happy for his loses but it was only a half of a small pizza )
and my question is :) do you see people changing or you changing after going SW friendly? I know I have changed too, the other day we where in the gym at 9 am on a Sunday:eek:

how did SW changed your life philosophy??

My other half has tried to lose weight for some time, she is convinced that Atkins works (which it does, but it punishes you severely if you dont keep to it), I was always ambivalent. A diet that requires you to take vitamin supplements is not healthy. That aside, i joined slimming world five months ago. I have followed it religiously and it has worked for me, losing five stone. It has put an enormous strain on our relationship. I get the feeling my wife actively resents me being so successful and blames me for her failures in the past.

Yes, it is true i have turned into DietZilla, but now i dont talk about it to her, i cannot talk about all the exercise i am doing etc. I cannot share something with her which is transforming my life.

I think I need to explain myself :) I am very happy that my Husband is healthy and losing weight, we go to gym together and eat the same food and plan meals etc :) we have a little competitions who will last on the cross trainer more , even if its 10 sec more :D
I am still very surprised that my Hubby changed so much :) like today we have shared a pack of hola hoops because neither of us wanted to eat the whole pack and eat 6 sins :D

Gazter I am sorry to hear about your bad experience and I really don't know what to advise you. sorry.

Back