Who is your inspiration?

NicolaR

Hi everyone!
I was just wondering if there's anyone in your life/any celebrities you admire that have been your inspiration for your weight loss? Or is there anyone you would love to look like once you reach your target weight?

It could be a loved one that you want to lost weight for to make sure you're healthier, or just that you want to be able to stand next to the thin girl at work and feel proud of yourself ;)

Personally, I'd like to lose weight so that I feel better in myself. My long-suffering other half has never once complained about my steadily increasing weight (bless him!) but it still hasn't made me feel better about myself.

I'd like to be able to look around at work and know that I'm actually not the largest lady in the office anymore :)

Sorry for the long post. So who/what is your inspiration, or who would you like to look like when you hit your target weight?

Victoria Beckham. Only kidding! Bet she even eats less than CD!

No I just want to be my best. I've not got the best figure but I just want it to be neat and to be able to wear any clothes I want. Just know I buy clothes because they are slimming; I might even hate the colour or somthing but if it slims me down, I'll buy it.

I'd love to look like Patricia Arquette in Medium, she's not too skinny, still curvy but healthy looking which is what I want to be, don't think could ever maintain being really skinny but would love to go into Monsoon and buy a gorgeous dress in a size 12!

I do the same thing with buying slimming clothes - sick of wearing dark colours!
I do like Monsoon too but only look in there when I need a really posh frock as they're so expensive ;)

I don't even know about nice shops cos I only ever shop in Evans, Wallis or M&Co so I'm looking forward to going into different shops. That will be lovely to just be able to wear anything.

Does anyone else feel embarrassed to even look in the window of one of the clothes shops for people of "normal weight" incase one of the assistants see you looking and get the "you'll never find anything to fit you here" look on their face? Or am I just being really paranoid? :)

It's nice to look at their online shops though and dream of what we will be able to wear once we're slim! That's what keeps me going through moments when I have cravings.

I completely do that!! I hate even going into the 'normal' shops, was in New Look today for a handbag and was paranoid one of the assistants was gonna tell me they had nothing there for me, like in Pretty Woman! Except obv cos I'm overweight, not cos I'm a prostitute lol

When I researched and then began CD in February 2006 my inspiration was our own Icemoose.

Has everyone read his story?

Irene xx

I thought about this, and you know what. I'm my own inspiration.

I don't think I ever look at anyone and want to have their figures, or their looks. Don't know why :confused: I guess I'm too down to earth and know myself too well.

I know I wont ever have xxx body (which probably means her eating disorders to book) ...or her looks, or her successes in a job of her dreams.

I just wanted to be a smaller version of me and succeed with my small challenges.:eek:

So I'm inspired by me:) Because for every day that I succeed in my aims, I've done it in my circumstances, wearing my shoes, with my history, and that doesn't change too much, so it's real to me.

I did it yesterday, so I can do it again today, not she did it yesterday, so I can do it today.

Does anyone else feel embarrassed to even look in the window of one of the clothes shops for people of "normal weight" incase one of the assistants see you looking and get the "you'll never find anything to fit you here" look on their face? Or am I just being really paranoid? :)

It's nice to look at their online shops though and dream of what we will be able to wear once we're slim! That's what keeps me going through moments when I have cravings.

i dont even go near them let along look in them.

You lot are my inspiration all the photos on here and the stories, this is what spurs me on.

My inspiration is definately the old photos of me looking slim and at my best happy wise! When looking at the pics i can remember exactly where i was and when they were taken and how i felt that day. Its crazy the info we can retain without realising we are holding onto it. I always remember never having an issue about weight, worrying about boys/men, never having to think ahead or over analysing situations, outings or parties etc i get invited to. I would never have had to think it through and talk myself out of going, whereas now i avoid almost everything. I cant wait to get back to the slim me and hopefully feel as i felt then. Just confident within myself and look forward to being excited about everything rather than anxious/nervous and down right paranoid about everything!

God I was so thin and lovely upto the age of 21 what the heck went wrong, I need me back, so next year woot woot I will be me again.

My inspiration is looking at photos from when I was on holiday lastyear and vowing to never look that chunky again. If I could choose a celebrity to have a figure like it would probabablt be Kelly Brook she has an amazing figure with real curves to match xxx

for me, celebrity wise, i would LOVE to have a figure like Mariska Hargitay in Law and Order SVU, she is tall and strong and in proportion, that's what i want. not to be a waif, just to be healthy and at a maintainable weight. going to need to start toning up properly though!

I don't have role models for anything in life and this is no exception.

If I had to pick a positive example then that would be our very own KD. This can well sound stalkerish soon LOL but I sincerily think it's exceptional that we have her over here not only as living proof that it works but as a wise guide and as an example of how life changes need to be approached after the diet. -E.g. her knowledge about nutrition and her determination to try things out and see what works best for her body are undoubtedly along with her self discipline valuable lessons in success-. (No, she really doesn't pay me for all the advertising efforts, if anything, one day soon she'll have to ban me for being creepy ;))

Curvy women like Kate Winslet - I don't want to be thin! :) (Or flat or toned for that matter - I have flesh and that's me!)

One of my heroes here is Porgeous - http://www.minimins.com/members/3269-porgeous.html
- her pics and blog are brilliant (and she didn't even exercise!). Everybody who completes CD is a hero of course - that goes without saying! :D

I love reading about people's stories on here.
I find people with healthy thought processes particularly useful to look up to and will agree with MissAma on KD. Also read about Icemoose when I first joined.
I, like a lot of people, look at celebs and have felt envious about their figures, but I always just wanted to be a better version of me.
Always been happy with my face really - I have a biggish nose and my ears are so small they look weird, but I'm completely fine with all that. Now I am working towards being completely fine with my body and finally showing it some appreciation for keeping me going all these years!

Oh gosh MissAma...just seen this. What a lovely thing to say :eek:

Thankyou and so very glad to hear that I can help :)

I thought about this, and you know what. I'm my own inspiration.

I don't think I ever look at anyone and want to have their figures, or their looks. Don't know why :confused: I guess I'm too down to earth and know myself too well.

I know I wont ever have xxx body (which probably means her eating disorders to book) ...or her looks, or her successes in a job of her dreams.

I just wanted to be a smaller version of me and succeed with my small challenges.:eek:

So I'm inspired by me:) Because for every day that I succeed in my aims, I've done it in my circumstances, wearing my shoes, with my history, and that doesn't change too much, so it's real to me.

I did it yesterday, so I can do it again today, not she did it yesterday, so I can do it today.

I so love this!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back