who know's thw answer?

eye6769

Vegetarian who lives2eat
When you take oats so simple as a HEB it states that you have a scan bran with it. My question is , do you have to eat it at the same time or can you have it later that day? Does it make any difference?

You don't need to have them at the same time, you can have them split apart and at any time of the day, so long as you do have them.

If you don't have one of them for some reason, you should syn the other and the HEb would not count.

Hope this helps.

can u have oats so simple as a heb cause there was a big arguement about it at slimming world class this week members saying yes u can cons saying u can't but members couldn't find it in the book to show him

You can have the plain Oats So Simple as a HeB but not the flavoured ones. Its listed on the SW website. By the way, you can crumble your Scanbran into it if you like - it makes the porridge very malty! xxxx

We were told at class if you have say porridge as a hex then you have to use the amount stated and have the scan bran or you will have to syn the porridge and you can't add more if you don't have the scan bran as some were doing as that does not work as they have done it that way to give you the proper fibre you need and if you mess with measurements then you are not getting right amount so have to syn the things you have. Hope that makes sense.

Well I never.....
I didn't know this! If I didn't quite have my whole Hex any day, then I just guessed it wouldnt matter, for example, some days I would have 1 cup of coffee, with skimmed milk, and then 3 laughing cow ex light, and think that would be fine, as I was well under the HexA limit....

Hmm.... Maybe thats why I haven't lost as quickly as I'd hoped....

I will be super strict with my A's and B's from now on - thanks guys

A x

Thanks for pointing that out! I've been having porrige as a HE without the scan bran because I don't have any and I don't go to class. I've just ordered some, 5 boxes because the postage is £3.50 so I thought better order more save me ordering for awhile. I hope there not as gross as some people say, will just have to hold my nose lol. :D

Wendy

Wendy I got a fab tip at class and that was to spread a laughing cow extra light on then slice banana on top and have it that way and its yummy. You could just use banana on top if you don't want to syn a triangle or use as a hex.

Thanks very much for replies, I do think you get used to the taste of Scan bran and crumbling it into porridge is good idea.

Biker Angel, that how I had mine last night, it was a really filling snack, could hardly taste the scan bran, haha

Happy holidays yes against some cereals you can but against porridge it clearly just has oat/scan bran and some don't allow you to have anything extra with them. We were told in class to stick to what book said and don't swap around as it was all carefully worked out to give us the exact amount of fibre our bodies need hence the 28g cereal with the extra or the 42g of the weetabix crunchy with nothing extra.

Happy holidays yes against some cereals you can but against porridge it clearly just has oat/scan bran and some don't allow you to have anything extra with them. We were told in class to stick to what book said and don't swap around as it was all carefully worked out to give us the exact amount of fibre our bodies need hence the 28g cereal with the extra or the 42g of the weetabix crunchy with nothing extra.

With porrige oats, it definatley has 1 ryvita in my book, I don't like 'mixing' things around as I know it wont work.

I'll check a new book just incase it has change, thanks for that.

this is the new book I am working from as I bought it in class when they took them out as wanted to just keep up to date with things. Just checked my book before that the one that is red one way and turn upside down and green other and it says same for porridge oats 28g plus the oat/scan bran - confused now lol

Just checked online and you're both right! You can have a 27g sachet of original Oats So Simple with EITHER 1 Ryvita Wholegrain OR 1 Oat/Scanbran!!!!!! Hope that helps! xxx

pmsl I don't count oat so simple as porridge (guess been brought up making it with scots porridge oats or oatmeal) its just the same though but never saw that in the books only just the porridge oats so thats it solved thanks x

Back