Who needs Greggs?!

My consultant said that 1 sheet filo pastry = 3.5 syns. Syn free sausages (there is a butcher up here in lancs that makes them) beans and HEA cheese wrapped in a sheet filo pastry = greggs style pasty. Im going to use a quiche filling recipe to make a cheese and onion pasty. Thought id share!

Thanks , think I will try this because I really miss pastry!

good one

Not sure if your aware , but tesco now do light pastry. Shortcrust and puff. The puff pastry is (I believe 4 syns per 100g . Please double check the syn values as I would hate to be wrong. The pastry is in the chilled food section.

Not sure if your aware , but tesco now do light pastry. Shortcrust and puff. The puff pastry is (I believe 4 syns per 100g . Please double check the syn values as I would hate to be wrong. The pastry is in the chilled food section.

16 ish syns per 100g raw paistry OMG.
75g of it raw is 12 ish syns. i had about 28-30g raw and worked it out to be about 4 syns for that. Hope that helps a little x

Here you go -I have copied this from my diary -as once cold it tasted just like cheese n onion pasty filling :eat:

cheese n potato pie
(served 2)
1A + 0.5 syns each serving
*600g potatoes -peeled and boiled, then mashed
*1/2tsp oil (1)
*2 large onions thinly sliced
*84g low fat cheddar (2xA) -or 56g strong full fat cheddar
*1 egg
*seasoning
fry the onions gently in the oil until golden(once the onions are in the coated, sprinkle with your salt as it helps them "fry" properly in very little oil )
mash the spuddlies and whack in most of the cheddar
beat in an egg -helps make it lighter
and the onions
season
I bake in the remoska -but tip it into an ovenproof dish and sprinkle over the remaining cheddar and bake until golden n bubbling -has to be served with baked beans
Its a recipe my mum used to do when we were ickle :D....
Hope you enjoy it -it is serious winter, stick to your ribs stuff and nice and economical too
oooh and if you make it minus the egg and let it go cold you can shape it into cakes -coat with breadcrumbs and "fry" or bake to make "cheese n onion fry-its"

My consultant said that 1 sheet filo pastry = 3.5 syns. Syn free sausages (there is a butcher up here in lancs that makes them) beans and HEA cheese wrapped in a sheet filo pastry = greggs style pasty. Im going to use a quiche filling recipe to make a cheese and onion pasty. Thought id share!

Oooo what a fab idea! I don't really eat meat but I reckon a sheet of filo and a few Quorn cumberland sausages would make me a good few SW friendly sausage rolls.

Couple of syns for HP sauce, and that's me sorted. Filo Pastry is going straight on my shopping list!

Thanks for sharing :D

thanks will try these ideas later got some filo in the fridge and aint had my hex a yet so cheeeesey pasty hear i come!! :bananalove::bananalove::bananalove::bananalove: lush!

The sausage bean and cheese melts are a staple for me at uni so this is fab, thank you!!

Here you go -I have copied this from my diary -as once cold it tasted just like cheese n onion pasty filling :eat:

cheese n potato pie
(served 2)
*1/2tsp oil (1)
*1 egg
*seasoning
fry the onions gently in the oil until golden(once the onions are in the coated, sprinkle with your salt as it helps them "fry" properly in very little oil )
and the onions
season
I bake in the remoska -but tip it into an ovenproof dish and sprinkle over the remaining cheddar and bake until golden n bubbling -has to be served with baked beans
Hope you enjoy it -it is serious winter, stick to your ribs stuff and nice and economical too
oooh and if you make it minus the egg and let it go cold you can shape it into cakes -coat with breadcrumbs and "fry" or bake to make "cheese n onion fry-its"

I'm dribbling at the mere thought of this, as I used to, pre SW that is, love Gregg's cheese & onion pasties!

why is there such a difference between frozen and chilled filo pastry. I can only find the frozen jus-rol so frustrating!

cheese n potato pie
(served 2)
*1/2tsp oil (1)
*1 egg
*seasoning
and the onions
season

I had this for dinner tonight and it was sooo yummy! Thank you for this :)

I have some wheat free pastry in freezer, will give it a go!

Yeah, it would be great to be able to freeze this and chuck in the oven in the event of an attack!!!

Back