Whole Wheat Muffins

BritMumInCanada

Gold Member
I was just looking at the US website weekly planner and they have down a 2oz whole wheat muffin as a healthy extra. So does that mean you can have muffin's as your HEb?

This is news to me, I wish I knew this before.

I don't know Britmum. I was looking at the US site last week and the menu plan contained a few different things. I guess they have to take cultural (for want of a better word) differences into account but if it works for them, it'll work for us.
i don't know if I'd be brave enough to try it if it's not on our plan though incase it affected my weight loss.

Don't know if the US slimming world is like the US weight watchers where high fibre is king? I will have to ask a friend of mine who is going to try US slimming world online shortly

x

Muffins can be two completely different things. English muffins are those things like flattened rolls that you split open and toast and spread lavishly with butter (oops, sorry, went off into fantasy land there!! ;) ).

And then there are the blueberry muffin type which are like little cakes.

Neither of which, I would have thought, would be a healthy extra. English muffins are too big and the other type is usually very high in syns.

Might this be a case of "two nations divided by a common language"? We need an American translator!!!!

Just had a look and I think you are right avisk about the english muffins, we don't usually eat sweet muffins with savoury stuff. Weight watchers makes low cal english muffins as do most of the bread companies and they tend to be quite small. A friend is sending me over a care package and I have those on the list, and I will check and see how many syns they are

x

Muffins can be two completely different things. English muffins are those things like flattened rolls that you split open and toast and spread lavishly with butter (oops, sorry, went off into fantasy land there!! ;) ).

And then there are the blueberry muffin type which are like little cakes.

Neither of which, I would have thought, would be a healthy extra. English muffins are too big and the other type is usually very high in syns.

Might this be a case of "two nations divided by a common language"? We need an American translator!!!!

Nope it is definately not the cake muffin's, but the typical breakfast English muffin, as it was for the breakfast menu.

I live in Canada, so know the difference and am also quite sure we will never get a cake muffin as a healthy extra lol

Here it is taken from the US site weekly meal planner

Busy breakfast!
Grab a 2oz whole wheat English muffin (lightly toasted) topped with sliced ripe banana as a quick breakfast on the go. Throw a selection of fresh fruit and a couple of fat free fruit yogurts in your bag for a mid-morning snack.

Sounds like a good breakfast Britmum, but I would be a bit apprehensive as to using it as an HEXB until SW say it is OK, I shouldn't think it would be too many syns though....

I wish they would release a more extensive US foods list. As being in Canada, the UK list is pretty useless to me for a lot of things.

They are live in the US now, so must have this information for their groups, so why are they not releasing the information online for those that are in the US or Canada that don't have a meeting to go to? The only meetings so far are in Texas, which is not much use to a lot of people.

I contacted slimming world recently trying to find an equivelant to bachelors savoury rices and pasta n sauces, because putting the nutrional information for them into the syns calculator gives them syns, when slimming world advertises them as free foods.

There reply wasn't really very helpful at all. Makes me wonder if they have shares in Bachelor's.

Sorry went off on a bit of a rant there. lol

Back