Whoops....spent more money!!

Sez

has started again!!
Needed a new bra as boobs looking very odd these days! Decided that a trip to Rigby & Peller will be my post LL treat, once I have stopped losing.

Went on the WWW to get instructions on measuring myself for a new bra, and I just dont get it! I seem to need the size I am wearing but they dont fit! They are either all baggy on the cup, or the T-shirt bra I bought just has big gaps around the cup & if I bend over my boobs just fall out completely!!! (Not attractive with my wrinkly puppies I can tell you!)

Maybe I need to visit my local Debenhams or somewhere to get fitted properly. I quite fancy a balcony bra, as my boos have deflated from the top down & I think they need pushing up a bit...

Anyway, I digress. Went to get said bra, gave up. But got new knickers as my old ones were literally falling down! (Even my 8 yr old daughter commented on my baggy pants!!) I looked at 14s...noooooo tooooo big! So now, for the first time ever I have two packs of size 12 knicks!! (Not tried on yet, but even if too small I'll wait a few weeks!!) Hee ! Hee!

Also my neew size 16 jeans are becoming baggy (Thank goodness they were only a tenner!) I have bought, to put away,until I need them a pair of size 12s!!! the 14s didnt look much diff to the 16s, and I must stop this spending!!

I cant help myself, I think its the novelty! we will be broke at this rate and I wont be able to afford LL any more.....better slow down!!

I highly recommend Bravissimo! I went there recently for bra fitting and my new size was a shock! A huge change from my old bra size!

They don't use tape measurements which is interesting. They said they don't work. After they determined on my back size, they gave me bras of two different cup sizes. I was impressed when one of them fitted me perfectly!

I had two fittings by two different girls within 24 hours and they said the same bra size!

So worth it!!!

I've also struggled with bra size's, there are bra size calculators on the internet, but they all give you a different reading.
So I think it is best to just try them on in the shop.
I also have a problem with spending money on myself, I've bought clothes, bags, shoe's, accessories & magazines.
I know we are supposed to reward ourselves with non food items, but I think I've probably gone over the top.LOL
I think we are probably doing this because we've not enjoyed shopping for so long, we now feel better about ourselves & enjoy trying on new clothes, especially when it's the next size down.
I can't wait for size 12, hopefully I'll be there before my holiday in July.

Have to laugh at the bra tales! I tried about 30 on before I got the right size! Debenhams woman was fab with me I have to say! Mind you wearing underwire ages takes some getting used to! I aree re the spending! I am trying not to buy stuff as its such a waste at the moment as I go through stuff so quickly but my size 22 jeans are massive....think I'm 16/18 but unsure! Definately a bit hippy!! Bizarre that I've been fat for so long I didnt know that! Have also had to cut down on treats!!! Saving up my £2 in a terramundi for my "final" wardrobe & just buying mega cheap meanwhile! No next etc until size 12....!

OOh wish I had a Bravissimo near me but dont think I have :(.

Will def give Debenhams a try, as last time was measured (yonks ago) at local Contessa, I tried a bra on the lady gave me. It had baggy cups and when I mentioned this to her, she said it cant be helped, thats your shape???? Never been back there & dont intend to either! LOL

Hi I have been spending a bit lately as well Sez ,

I guess we have to cut loose sometimes , there is only so long you can stand keep having to pull up your jeans over and over again coz they are falling down ! I just keep buying stuff thats too big I guesss iIcant get my head around being so much smaller and the fact that just a few weeks later its all too big. The thrill I got when I bought size 18 jeans was great but now they are too big and I feel soooo guilty because I have only worn them a few weeks. my Oh has been great he loves it when something starts looking baggy and just says buy smaller ones but it seems like such a waste of money dosent it?
I have been on a bit of an ebay splurge, as I dont feel quite as guilty if I havent paid very much and have sold some of the size 24 and 22 's it was more of a wrench than I thought to let them go even though they were drenched in painfull memories and past humiliations. I think part of me is thinking I may need them agin someday, crooked thinking?? I certainly dont want to be that size again and we cant go on forever in clothes that are too big can we And its so much fun !!!!!:)(till the guilt kicks in):mad:
On the bra front excuse the pun , my boobs are very strange! i AM VERY UNHAPPY WITH THE WAY THINGS ARE GOING IN THAT DIRECTION WHICH UNFORTUNATELY IS MOSTLY SOUTH! They are kinda deflated like balloons going down after after a party but are still as big once in my bras! The back has shrunk Ive lost 4inches from somewhere but its obviously where I cant see it!
I think I ought to check out measuring !
Love to you all

Bravissimo is fab. I went to Leeds on sat (my nearest store) and I am now in a 30 e/f depending on the style.

I am in a 34f for the swimming cossie I bought.

They do do fittings over the phone so it may be worth trying that. Every bra is different so you could end up a different size in each style.

You can send the bra back freepost through mail order if it doesnt fit

I love going there though. Spent £400 on new lingerie, tankini and swimming costume in the last month!!! Hope I dont loose anymore in management dont want to be having to buy anymore for a while

Jo

Bravissimo is fab. I went to Leeds on sat (my nearest store) and I am now in a 30 e/f depending on the style.

I am in a 34f for the swimming cossie I bought.

They do do fittings over the phone so it may be worth trying that. Every bra is different so you could end up a different size in each style.

You can send the bra back freepost through mail order if it doesnt fit

I love going there though. Spent £400 on new lingerie, tankini and swimming costume in the last month!!! Hope I dont loose anymore in management dont want to be having to buy anymore for a while

Jo

WOW! Sounds lovely! I reckon I must have spent that much already, as I go along, with buying new clothes to wear for a couple of weeks then pass them on!! Still , I am loving it!!

Whoops! I've been shopping again, bought a new bag & trousers yesterday & new trainers today.
God it feels good to buy smaller sizes, but I must stop spending soon, or go to work more.LOL

Talk about spending, bought myself some new Birkenstocks yesterday too!! Thats another £35 gone in a flash!

Oh and the new hair do this weekend wont see much change from £40 I guess......

Lets hope OH loves it or I will be spanked and sent to bed!!!!!LOL!!!

Back