Why 15 minutes??!!

MaryCH

Hi all!
Third day on CD, and so far so good (well, yesterday evening I was seeing food everywhere).

Just wondered though.. My sachets say to consume the shakes within 15 minutes, why is that?? what happens after 15 minutes?

Because the thickeners start breaking down after that. The vits and minerals stay in tact, so it's still safe to drink. Just a different texture.

Hi Sorry to butt in. But although i am on Lighter life, I got told that it is the vits and mins that start to breakdown/disolve so that is why they recommened that you eat/drink the packs in that time frame, to make sure you get all your nutrients. The only pack I have found to thickens after time is the porridge (but that's not much of a problem!!). Hope that helps x

Hi Sorry to butt in. But although i am on Lighter life, I got told that it is the vits and mins that start to breakdown/disolve so that is why they recommened that you eat/drink the packs in that time frame, to make sure you get all your nutrients. The only pack I have found to thickens after time is the porridge (but that's not much of a problem!!). Hope that helps x

I don't know about LL, but that's definitely not the case with Cambridge. The vits and minerals stay hunky dorey. It's just the thickeners that break down.

I don't know about LL, but that's definitely not the case with Cambridge. The vits and minerals stay hunky dorey. It's just the thickeners that break down.

That's good to know coz many a time have made one up and the phone has rang, or the boss wants something done etc. and I have worried in case I have 'wasted' my pack. So, can I make my mousse up and put it in the fridge an hour in advance?

I make up my mousse for my lunch every day. I just take it to work in a small cold bag with a couple of ice packs in to keep it cold. Yummy!! xx

Sorry, I thought they were all kinda made the same. Sorry for interfering.

Sorry, I thought they were all kinda made the same. Sorry for interfering.

No problem at all hun. Nice to see you here :wavey:

Yes, I thought they were all similar. I know that many people think the CD shakes have vits that break down after 15 minutes, so maybe the rumour has got around :D

Perhaps things have changed but we were told by CD that when making a mousse you should leave it in the fridge for 10 minutes and then eat it because the nutrients start to break down. It should not be made a long time in advance.

Perhaps things have changed but we were told by CD that when making a mousse you should leave it in the fridge for 10 minutes and then eat it because the nutrients start to break down. It should not be made a long time in advance.

Yes, I know...that was always said, but it's not correct and I believe Cambridge will confirm that vits and mins are safe after 15 minutes

Thats good to no - I have my shakes mixed with lots & lots of crushed Ice. I drink it slowly through a straw and im sure it takes longer than 15 mins to drink. If i rush it it gives me brain freeze....

Back