Why am I nervous!?

Sarah-Jayne

Gold Member
It's Chinese New Year this Sunday and we are attending a large village party for the Malaysian/Chinese feast!

However, i'm really nervous about eating so much rice food, which I know for a fact will not be SW friendly as it's home made by all the families attending! Im really worried that I am going to feel sick and put on weight come WI on Friday. I know i'm close to target now and I deserve this but i'm stupidly newvous!

Going to try and take it easy on the night, I wont be drinking which will help as i'm driving, and will be straight back on plan Sunday so hopefully wont do too much damage.

I should be looking forward to this occasion, and I am in a way, but just not looking forward to stepping on the scales come Friday to see the damage!

Does anyone else get like this, especially if you are so close to target? Sorry for the rant lol xxxxx

Sarah there is no reason why you shouldnt join the others and enjoy yourself. You have a perfect bmi and are in no way "overweight". Eat what you like and have a fab time! Wish i had that problem lol, i cant seem to keep away from goodies now like i feel like I "look alright" lol

I can understand how you feel Hun, but you have the choise of either eating before you go and just go for the social side of it all and stick to soft drinks, or have a little bit of food, synned as much. As long as you get back on track before your weigh in, then you should have controlled any damage (if any) that there may be. I wouldnt dread going just because I couldnt make up my mind about the food if I were you.

xxxxx

Thanks. Not eating there isnt really an option so I will eat before I go and only have a little bit to keep the peice, thats the plan anyway! Watch this space lol xx

There must be some plain boiled rice available! If there is, just fill up on that and have a little bit of the meat/fish dishes, stop when you're full. And have fun with other things going on, its not going to be all about food. Have a good time!

i felt like this on my birthday on the 29th of last month...iw as so close to my 2st award and my family paid for us all to go for a chinese on my birthday so i ate so as not to upset them(and waste their money lol)and felt really ill after eating 2 massive platefulls as i was certain it would put weight on me at weigh in 4 days later but at weigh in id lost 3lbs so was really amazed,id eaten chips and loads of fried meat and sui mais etc!!:pxx

I can understand how you feel Hun, but you have the choice of either eating before you go and just go for the social side of it all and stick to soft drinks, or have a little bit of food, synned as much. As long as you get back on track before your weigh in, then you should have controlled any damage (if any) that there may be. I wouldn't dread going just because I couldn't make up my mind about the food if I were you.

xxxxx

Great words of wisdom from Mrs V, I was about to post pretty much the same. I can understand you want to join in with the eating, but its up to you in the end. I know if it were me, I would be so eager to hit my target next week, that I would forgo the food at the party to ensure I reached it, by having something to eat before I went. At the end of the day, food at a party should be secondary and the company should be first, so my advice - mingle with the people and enjoy the ambiance

I can totally understand your nerves Wifey! It sounds like a great event though and I bet the food will be fantastic.

What are your syns looking like for the week?

I absolutely agree that you need to not worry too much, eat before you go, home in on the plain rice or noodles and allow yourself small tasters of the things you fancy the most whilst you're there.
You've got just one lb to get to goal (which is spectacular!) and I think a bit of careful eating needn't concern you. I know you really, really, really want to get there and this seems like it's just there to stop that happening *hugs*
But you WILL get there...if not this week, next week! You look fabulous and you deserve to eat tasty things at this party. And you can do it and still lose...I have every confidence!

Back