why am I nervous?

ColJack

Gold Member
I start a "new" job tomorrow, back at a place I worked at for 5 years until they made me redundant about 2.5 years ago..

Most of the guys there I already know and it's work I've done before..

So why am I still feeling a little queezy in the stomach like you get when you start a new job or go for an interview or start a new school etc??

Something to do with the fact you were made redundant from there previously? Being made redundant, even if you can understand the reasons, and get financial compensation for it, messes so much with your feelings until you can get yourself on a new path - I know. I've been there. Perhaps subconsciously you're afraid it might happen again?

I'm sure you'll be fine once you get stuck in! All the best :)

You go for it........... you got the job, you must be the best for it.

Relax and enjoy. Enjoy seeing old friends and do your best. No one can ask for more.

hugs and good luck xxxx

I start a "new" job tomorrow, back at a place I worked at for 5 years until they made me redundant about 2.5 years ago..

Most of the guys there I already know and it's work I've done before..

So why am I still feeling a little queezy in the stomach like you get when you start a new job or go for an interview or start a new school etc??

Cos it IS a new job - especially for a dude who is 10 stone lighter than previously.

Break a leg sunshine;)

We're all nervous when we start a new job. You may be nervous because even though you've worked there before things will have changed & you still have to 'find' your way around.

As fillymum said 'you got the job you must be the best for it'.

Well done you've be chosen because they want you & know you can do the job. Have a lovely day;)

It's agency work at the moment, but that's how it started last time and I ended up there for 5 years.

I suppose it could be apprehension over whether I'll get to stay again or whether they'll get rid of me again in a month.

Have to wait and see.

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Not a bad thing! Nerves, excitement, whatever. It is a new adventure for you, and you should be feeling something different.

I hope it all goes well - good luck!

No problems at all. Fell straight back into it like I never left.
I only hope it might become permanent or at least long term.

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Hope so too mate - I really do. Never much fun being out of work - even moreso in the current climate.

Steve

Glad everything went well on your first day back, sometimes we build things up to more than they are, best to just grit your teeth and get on with it. Hopefully it will turn out to be permanent for you :)

I know you've been back a week already and hope it's been going well.
Just wanted to add that you only get nervous when you want to do well. Can work for absolutely anything in the world. New job, a date, weigh in, even Karaoke! It's only because you care.

Congrats on being 10 stone smaller too :)

How is the weight loss going???

Back