Extra Easy Why Am I Not Losing Any Weight !!!!

A little advice would be good have been on SW now for 2.5 weeks and have lost a grand total of 0.5lbs why oh why, what am I doing wrong I have bought all the books and am using the extra easy choice only using about 10 syns a day HELP!!!!:wave_cry:

I know it's really frustrating when you have tried so hard and it doesn't seem to work. The best thing is to put what you eat on here then other members can look at it and give you suggestions of what you could improve. You will get some great help because everyone is really friendly and helpful on here

As your on EE are you eating 1/3 of your plate with superfree foods (most fruit & veg) EVERY meal?
The EE is reliant on that to work.

Oh dear! Please dont get too despondent, I am sure your weight loss will show on the scales soon. Are you eating loads of superfree foods with the ee plan? Do you feel healthier and have more energy since following it? Because that is a great reason in itself to keep with it and the weight loss will show soon!

Hi

Thankyou for advice today I have had

Bkfast - 2 weetabix (HEB)

Snack Banana & Satsuma

Dinner - Tin of baked beans mixed with a tin of tuna

Tea - 2 quorn sausages, 1 chicken breast mixed vegetables and 1 jacket potato

HEA - 350ml skimmed milk
HEB - 2 weetabix

Syns

150ml skimmed milk - 3
4 tbsp gravy granules - 1

My day is pretty much the same from day to day I normally end up having a max of 10 syns yeaterday I had 2 slices of white bread wich was 8 syns

Hi Debs 291

To be perfectly honest I have fely nothing but tired since starting this I really must be doing something wrong I exercise 5 times a week so that on its own should be causing weight loss oh how frustrating. Thank you for your reply,

Bkfast - 2 weetabix (HEX A & B) - are you measuring out your milk because its easy to use more than you think. I have skimmed milk and its all gone in 3-4 brews a day so i could never use it for cereal too as wouldnt be enough

Snack Banana & Satsuma

Dinner - Tin of baked beans mixed with a tin of tuna - you need to include some superfree poss a bowl of salad

Tea - 2 quorn sausages (these are no longer free so need to be syn = 2 syns), 1 chicken breast mixed vegetables (lots???) and 1 jacket potato

HEA - 350ml skimmed milk
HEB - 2 weetabix

EE takes a bit of getting used to but hang in there and stay on here for lots of support on your journey. x

make sure each of your mealtimes has a third of veggies or fruit involved.

Ensure you are drinking a lot of water

x

I'm really new too and I'm not having a great weight loss so feel free to ignore this

Your doing EE ~ I don't think your clear that 1/3 of your meals need to be superfree thats every meal even breakfast. I personally don't think this is explained enough to people.

Also for your weetabix if you are having 2 its a HEB + 2 syns ~ I know that seems a stupid thing to mention but the syns can mount up.

Hi

My milk for my breakfast is 150ml that I measure seperate to my HEA that I count as 3 syns, also I have just double checked my book and it shows that I can have 2 weetabix as my HEB is this correct????

I thought that tuna and baked beans were free/superfree foods so if that is my whole luch sureley I am filling more than 1/3 of my plate I am cnfused now

Carlita - the ordinary weetabix are 2 for a HEB with no added syns. It's only the chocolate ones you need to add the syns for :)

And wouldn't the gravy, 4 tablespoons, be more than 1syn?

Be very wary of eating too little. In a typical day I will eat 2 eggs on toast, 2 apples, a banana, beetroot, 2 yogurts, jacket potato with beans/tuna, HEXa for milk in coffees, a Hi Fi bar, a big tea of something with pasta and veg, or rice and veg or potato and veg and probs a hot chocolate. If I feel peckish at night I will make SW chips too lol. Make sure you eat plenty :)

My understanding is that Tuna and Baked Beans are free foods - Tuna in certain oils will have syns so be wary of the brand you are having (checking online is always good as different brands will have different syns in)

Superfree foods are veggies and Fruit (fresh)

To save some syns that you are using for milk have a go at using a vanilla light on your weetabix, you need to leave it for 1/2 hour or so but taste yummy, add some banana or soft fruits to it and you have saved your milk allowance for tea or coffee!

I thought that tuna and baked beans were free/superfree foods so if that is my whole luch sureley I am filling more than 1/3 of my plate I am cnfused now

Both Tuna & Baked beans are FREE foods but with EE you have free foods PLUS 1/3 plate SUPERFREE foods (the fruit & veg)!

Tad confusing but you will get your head round it x

You must have as been advised 1/3 of the meal in fruit/veg/salads which are on the superfree foods list. Things like beans, potatoes, peas and sweetcorn are not superfree. You must eat the superfree as part of the meal not 1/2 hr later.
So in the morning add some fruit in to your brekfast, you could have a banana on top of your cereal or just before you have it. With your tuna and beans you could add veg or have a bowl of homemade veg soup or a bowl of salad. I think your meals do need to be bulked out it doesnt seem like you are eating enough.

Your gravy would be more like 2.5 syns i'm afraid.
Like everyone else says, you need to eat more superfree. I'd be having a massive salad with that lunch (& probably only having either tuna or beana, but thats personal preference).

Your weetabix is fine, unless its the chocolate ones, in which case use as a heb & add 2 syns as well. But definitely add the superfree in. My breakfast is more fruit with cereal thab cereal with fruit, if you get me.

It does work, just takes a bit if getting used to.

I recommend you read the sticky thread on extra easy as it explains the plan really well.

Yes, LOADS of veg (fresh or frozen is fine). I made the same mistake after swapping from the old Green & Original plan. I thought the new Extra Easy was rubbish because it was the first time that I was really struggling on SW. The fruit and veg really make a BIG difference.
I found adding that much in hard at first but love my veggies now.

If you're not so keen on veg maybe try Green or Original.

Also, I agree with others about checking what syn values things are, but do make sure you're having the full 10 a day if that's what you're allowing yourself.

I found it really helpful to look through the 'what's for dinner', 'what's for lunch' etc threads on here to get an idea of what other people were doing to fit all that veg in as it was a bit alien to me initially.

Don't think these weeks have been lost. You've slowed / stopped any gain at least!!! Now you're ready to rock and roll with the losses xx

I don't loose on EE because I eat too much on it, I stick to Red & Green, quite a few people in my group don't loose on EE either! We still have 1/3 superfree but still eat too much :sigh:

Back