why am i so stupid

janinelee123

i'v been at sw for about 12 weeks now and last week was my first gain of 2lb. i was devistated and all set to lose 3lb this week but its not happened. i'm due to get weighed in a couple of hours an i am so scared that i feel sick. i know i'v put on again. not because i'v eaten a load of crap but because i just dont think i'v stuck to red and green. this week is all a bit of a blur. i dont really remember what i'v had. i am on a star week and have been off all week feeling really down. i just know i have put on again. i dont want to stop the plan and i'm scared this is the start. i'v got 2 sort myself out. i just feel like cryin now i dont know whats up with me. i know i'm a stupid cow. anyway i'll let u knowhow much i put on AGAIN :cry:

dunno about you, but i find it really daunting that i've got so much weight to lose....around 8 stone, and even then i'd still be classified as obese!

just get weighed and stay to class to get motivated. talk to your consultant - who should support you. then go shopping after class and stock up on all free and healthy foods (this will mentally prepare you for the next week), then keep a daily diary on here and stick to it - make sure you come on here daily to stay focused.

we all have blips - think i've had one this week...but i don't get weighed until tommorrow. i'm like you - one gain and i think to myself what's the point....but the point is i need to lose loads of weight, be healthy, wear nicer clothes and get ready to have a baby! keep at it xx

Just get back into it today and dont dwell on it - you will make yourself miserable, keep a food diary so you know what you have eaten, it really does work if you stick to it. I used to be a really big cheater on SW before but always insistied I was sticking to it 100% when I knew I wasnt. We all have off days but dont let that ruin your journey. You can do it, SW is so easy and you can have loads - trust me ive just done 3 days of CD and really struggled and it has made me realise how easy SW is. Set yourself smaller goals, like 1lb and if you eceed that great, if you achieve it great. After your weigh in start afresh - you know you can do it!!

Hey hun your not stupid you are totally normal not one person in the world has ever stuck to a diet/healthy eating plan and not had a day or two off. You just hold your head up high and continue from now.

Maybe this will help a little it was on the SW forum last year and I thought it was fab:

Don't Quit

When you've eaten too much and you can't write it down,
And you feel like the biggest failure in town.
When you want to give up just because you gave in,
And forget all about being healthy and thin.
So What! You went over your Syns a bit,
It's your next move that counts...So don't you quit!
It's a moment of truth, it's an attitude change.
It's learning the skills to get back in your range.
It's telling yourself, "You've done great up till now.
You can take on this challenge and beat it somehow."
It's part of your journey toward reaching your goal.
You're still gonna make it, just stay in control.
To stumble and fall is not a disgrace,
If you summon the will to get back in the race.
But, often the strugglers, when loosing their grip,
Just throw in the towel and continue to slip.
And learn too late when the damage is done,
That the race wasn't over...they still could have won.
Lifestyle change can be awkward and slow,
But facing each challenge will help you grow.
Success is failure turned inside out,
The silver tint in a cloud of doubt.
When you're pushing to the brink, just refuse to submit,
If you bite it, you write it....But don't you quit!

Sonban

A great poem and aint it the truth! Get back up there and fight, you are going to do this.

Bren
X

Don't stress, I am going through the same as you, and I know that I am not sticking to my red and green days properly, as some of the others have said, go shopping for those free foods and work on it again.

AH SONBAN TO THE RESCUE!!! WITH THE MAGIC POEM!!

Well done Son ! i love it!

Ruthy xxx

thanks 4 ur messages every1 and great poem sonban. it wasnt as bad as i thought anyway, i lost 1lb :) i was so shocked. gotta be better this week tho and now that i got that 1lb it has lifted my spirits and i feel loads better. i think its just so hard that i'v got sooooooo long before i get to target, but u know what, i will get there and i will feel soooooo good when i do :) thanks again.

well done hun, hope you have a great week xxxxx

Well done. I know exactly how you feel. I have hit the halfway point now and it is really horrible to think that all the hard work from the last 4 years I have to do again! For the last couple of months I have been flailing a little and then I got that jolt out of nowhere and kicked me into touch. We all get times when we feel like it's all going wrong but if your head's not there, it's not there! You can't force it you just have to ride it out and take comfort from the fact that you WILL get back on track soon

Hiya hun glad you are ok, keep your head up above water. Remind yourself why you are doing this diet, i have had too, i have had the most god awful month in May so dont panic we have all been where you are and you are certainly not alone..
Keep at it, drink loads of water, write everything down and stay focused.

Ruthyxxx

thanks, i definetly feel more up beat now and more like i did when i started. made a lovely scan bran cake this morning and had some after my lunch. was lovely x

Back