Why am I so weak???

Lardylizi

Crikey its only my first day (as per thread earlier...lol) and just had my last shake but all I can think about is food food and more food aaarrrrggghhhh, hubbies on nights tonight which to be honest has helped cause at least no ones eating infront of me (except the dog and i dont much fancy his food..ha ha),

Am I allowed to chew gum just to give a different taste in the mouth, thats the bit I cant bear, espescially when a your a failed given up smoker who still has a few and is clinging to them the next few days desperatly! Also got a headache but then to be honest thats not unusual for me,

Sorry whine over now :D is there light for me at the end of the tunnel??

Hey..
Just wanted to wish you all the best for your journey.
No one said its easy.. the first few days are hard.. but YES there is light at the end of the tunnel especially when you get on the scales each week at weigh in.

I know its hard keep yourself busy...... have a nice hot bubble bath, read a mag, tv, minimins........ walk...... anything to keep your mind of food....... it will get easier.. and you wont feel hungry.

Stay motivated its so worth it... Im on week 12 .. God knows how I got it but I have.. and Im 3 stone 1 pound down. It works its a fab diet.. stick with it and you are going to be slim before you know it.

Good luck and stay motivated xx

PS.. I just noticed.. I was very similar weight to you to start off with and our goal is similar too. x

Reactions: KD
Yes, there's light, I promise. I remember my Day 1 vividly. My stomach thought my throat had been cut. :eek:

Chewing gum is not officially allowed but some do have a chew. It might make you even more hungry though, so if it's a different taste you're after, brushing your teeth might be a better idea. :)

As for the "now what do I do?" moments, there are other spoil yourself options to be discovered. Nice long pampering session in the bath, painting your nails, finding a favourite movie to watch - or, if all else fails, you could always go to bed early!

It does get better though - I promise! And it really is worth it.

For me the first few days were hard because I was so used to having full-blown meals that I would keep getting up to prepare them in the evening, then remember that I had already had my shake, and sit down again. I kept doing it! It was just a habit and took surprisingly few days to break.

It's amazing how much more time I have on my hands now lol!

I promise you it will pass...

Thanks Ladies it means a lot to have ppl help you through, I guess to be honest its a whole change needed for me, Im lazy, dont exercise much or anything and its not just the food that has to change, I get stuck in a rut, I sit on laptop chatting most nights (hubbie doesnt get home till gone 9pm) and then by the time hes home im ready for bed cause I cant get up in the mornings, hence why the weight has to come off, I generally feel crap, crap and more crap all the time, I need to get the weight off to get me some more energy to do other things, get off my arse and walk the dog, get on the trampoline in my garden and generally get a grip of myself. I soooo long for a child, have always looked after everyone elses since about 13 yrs old and my life has generally got more and more lazy the more its not happening, just feel like until I/we've got a child what du do with urself, that sounds awful doesnt it but i dont mean it in a morbid way just that i want something to get up for each day, have a life, do family things the way all our friends do!!! crikey i sound like a right depressive ...lol, Ive come home from work tonight, had a nice bath, caught up on some of my soaps whilst on pc and cant even be bothered to empty the dishwasher, what a lazy biatch I am! ...sorry x x

When I started CD which was all of two weeks ago I weighed in at 16stone,thats 224lb. I couldn't get my sox on without a massive struggle.

We had snow here a few months ago and I couldn't bend down properly to throw snowballs at DD and DH because I was too big. I ignored it all until I went to the cinema and saw myself in a full length mirror in the toilets and by god was I shocked. I searched a CD the following day after spending the entire day and night fighting the tears away and facing up to the fact at what I had been doing to myself. It was HARD.

Days 1&2 were ok for me although I did feel massivley drunk without a drop of alcohol. lightheaded and dizzy. Day 3 was horrendeous. absolutly the worst, what got me through was thinking constently about my goal. I kept on and on talking about my goals to hubby (I think he was sick of hearing about it and I think he thought that this is another one of my fad diets) but I got through. everyday I remind myself why I am doing this. everyday I mark a day off on the calender and write a note in my diary. Everytime I think about the "F" word I remind myself of how much I have spent so far to get where I am not and do I want to waste all that money on cheating (no I blinking well don't) it is that that gets me through my days.

14days later and I have lost 17lb.

I feel alot better, I have more energy, and I can get my sox on without much effort. I don't know about the snowballs though lol.

Just remember that CD is only for awhile, when you get to goal you can eat the things you want to within reason

You do need strength and determination to do this. just keep picturing your goal and you will get there.

Hugs. Mrs Scoff. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

When I started CD which was all of two weeks ago I weighed in at 16stone,thats 224lb. I couldn't get my sox on without a massive struggle.

We had snow here a few months ago and I couldn't bend down properly to throw snowballs at DD and DH because I was too big. I ignored it all until I went to the cinema and saw myself in a full length mirror in the toilets and by god was I shocked. I searched a CD the following day after spending the entire day and night fighting the tears away and facing up to the fact at what I had been doing to myself. It was HARD.

Days 1&2 were ok for me although I did feel massivley drunk without a drop of alcohol. lightheaded and dizzy. Day 3 was horrendeous. absolutly the worst, what got me through was thinking constently about my goal. I kept on and on talking about my goals to hubby (I think he was sick of hearing about it and I think he thought that this is another one of my fad diets) but I got through. everyday I remind myself why I am doing this. everyday I mark a day off on the calender and write a note in my diary. Everytime I think about the "F" word I remind myself of how much I have spent so far to get where I am not and do I want to waste all that money on cheating (no I blinking well don't) it is that that gets me through my days.

14days later and I have lost 17lb.

I feel alot better, I have more energy, and I can get my sox on without much effort. I don't know about the snowballs though lol.

Just remember that CD is only for awhile, when you get to goal you can eat the things you want to within reason

You do need strength and determination to do this. just keep picturing your goal and you will get there.

Hugs. Mrs Scoff. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ah thanks Mrs Scoff, sounds like you've well and truly got it sussed, thats what I need to do, keep my eye on my goals and dont take them off!

You sound sooo like me, i cant bear bending over and putting my socks on, I sit down to put my boots on cause it puffs me out bending over and struggling and to be honest to look at me Im not even that big, I weigh an awful lot for my height but no one ever believes how much I weigh which sometimes makes it all the crapper!!

But hey ho Im determind that I will see the top of my legs again without the fat stuck against them from my lower belly (thats my worst pet hate - fanny fat as i call it.. sorry x ) its got to go and with everyones support on here hopefully I can do this!!!

Thanks everyone x x

Right, Lizi. Read this.

After losing three stones in 9 weeks - and I truly never ever thought I'd stick to it - I can comfortably do these things. Cross my legs, wash my feet in the bath, put my socks on, manicure my toe nails, kneel down for ages, pick things up from the floor without hanging on to the furniture, get up in the morning without having backache/hip/leg ache, pick up and carry my little niece with ease and drive without my tummy being too close to the steering wheel. There are a couple of other very personal things I can do much more comfortably too, but you'll find them out for yourself and I'm not telling you what they are!!
So go for it girl - you can do it, if I can stick to this, anyone can and I promise that you'll feel better than you've done for ages, in every respect. No saggy skin either for me - just dead lucky I suppose, and I'm past the first flush of youth - although my husband doesn't think so. He always thought I was gorgeous. :)

Right, Lizi. Read this.

After losing three stones in 9 weeks - and I truly never ever thought I'd stick to it - I can comfortably do these things. Cross my legs, wash my feet in the bath, put my socks on, manicure my toe nails, kneel down for ages, pick things up from the floor without hanging on to the furniture, get up in the morning without having backache/hip/leg ache, pick up and carry my little niece with ease and drive without my tummy being too close to the steering wheel. There are a couple of other very personal things I can do much more comfortably too, but you'll find them out for yourself and I'm not telling you what they are!!
So go for it girl - you can do it, if I can stick to this, anyone can and I promise that you'll feel better than you've done for ages, in every respect. No saggy skin either for me - just dead lucky I suppose, and I'm past the first flush of youth - although my husband doesn't think so. He always thought I was gorgeous. :)

Ah thanks Bess thats nice of you to take the time to write all that ...lol and its all true, I too can find out these little pleasures..lol by just having a bit of commitment to it eh, Im now nearly thru day 2 and not sure if Ive got worse to come yet or not? guess I just have to take a day at a time, so far so good, hard but good!

Well done on ur losses youve done fantastic, I only hope I can achieve results like you & everyone else on here, x x

Just do one day at a time Lizi and talk to us when you need to. You'll do great - just wait until the first week's weigh in!!
The time's going to go by anyway,plod on with it and before you know it you'll be slimmer and hopefully happier. We're all getting there the same way. Chin up! :hug99:

Thanks Bess I will, each day is an achievement like you say, nearly at the end of day 2 got one shake left which i save till around now so that I dont want to nibble...lol, and to be honest although im thinking of food permanantly ive coped, even dishing up fish and chips fo the kids that are with me at the mo, dished up, smelt it then ran off to hide in the bath ha ha, Roll on day 3 x x

Back