Why are people afraid of EE?

II was told that you do lose weight with EE, but it will come off much slower.

I don't think this is the case for everyone though - I lost my first stone in 6 weeks, which I think is pretty quick! I'm hoping to reach 2 stone tomorrow, having had Christmas in the middle. I've never lost weight so quickly and easily :D

maybe we should set up an EE appreication team? I see people have joined other teams and post their losses each week, anyone want me to start an 'Extra Easy does it!' team?

I lose weight on this, and the only other diet I lose weight on is Lipotrim (not eating at all) and then after 12 weeks I was losing only a 1lb a week - on 450 cals a day of liquid sh*te! at least I am eating on this. lol.

good luck and fair play to other diets you are on, but if you have never tried EE, I really urge you to give it a go. (its easier if you actually like cooking, and prob not that much easier if you prefer packaged up nuke it nosh) :d

YAAAAY for EE...

getting all excited now! wi tomorrow.

There are very few at my meeting who do EE. I had not done SW before and so was introduced to EE and never bothered to read about original and green. But others who have been going for a couple of years are still doing original and green.

I am sure if they gave EE a try they would find it is great but they do not want to give it a go.

Irene xx

please dont read anything into this, but this is a note from personal experience, do you find that there are a few people at classes who have been going for years, and keep regaining and losing? I have yoyo'd a lot, prob like many others, and I have to ask myself... if they have been going for years, is what they are doing really working?

I know targets members hang around to and understand that some want to stick to one diet as it worked etc...

but - if its not sustainable and they are in and out of a healthy weight like a fiddlers elbow, then maybe what they are doing, isn't actually working for them, finding a diet plan thats helps you lose is great, fabulous, and to be honest there are hundreds out there...

but how many (and EE has to prove itself here too but I am talking on my own faith and opinion) actually work at helping you maintain your weight for life?

just a thought and no offence intended to anyone, as I have said, I have been that girl too, and really hoping to change that with EE. :D

love love love.

As there are no specific teams for red/greens I don't see the need for a EE team. I'm not sure, baring in mind the nature of this thread, it's wise to segregate those who do EE and those who don't. The teams have been going for a couple of years and are for anyone following any of the SW plans. The very nature of this forum is about mutual support not segregation.

oooh I didn't mean to segregate, its just I dont have a team :(, and thought it was a nice idea.

I have no idea what the teams are made up of, or even if they are all on SW or a mix of diet clubs.

It was an open ponder.

I completely agree with the mutual support, and a team wouldn't change that anyway, we are all predisposed to help each other, we wouldn't have all joined a forum unless we were willing to help and be helped.

maybe I love EE a bit too much? ;)

It's great that you love the plan, it means success is inevitable! Anyone can join any of the teams at any time. Come and join FFF if you like, they are only a bit of fun and some extra support x

But surely that's the point? You CAN eat as much free food as you like (obviously stop when you're comfortably full!)

I (and others like Sonia) am proof that it works :)

Yep I see what you mean, there are some that have lost loads doing EE and a couple that have gained. I just want to get my head into thinking about food first (probably didn't word it too well) because without doing that I know that I would end up sabotaging myself :) Another week of green / red and then Im looking at EE *confused - I am*

oooh I didn't mean to segregate, its just I dont have a team :(, and thought it was a nice idea.

I have no idea what the teams are made up of, or even if they are all on SW or a mix of diet clubs.

It was an open ponder.

I completely agree with the mutual support, and a team wouldn't change that anyway, we are all predisposed to help each other, we wouldn't have all joined a forum unless we were willing to help and be helped.

maybe I love EE a bit too much? ;)

i think an extra easy team is a good idea! i love extra easy too - out of my whole group there's only 2 of us (me and my sister) on ee, so would be really nice to make contact with some other people on it! x

yaaay thats two of us :D it could be in addition to any other groups that we belong to. dont want to upset anyone. :)

I have heard some people say that it is because it is too close to 'normal' eating and they feel that they can't possibly lose weight that way. I'm doing EE this week for the first time properly having done green previously.

Yes I've heard people say this too, but surely 'normal' eating is what we should be striving for- in other words eating foods that cover a wide spectrum of food groups and make us feel 'normal' when eating at home with the family or going out for meals- not feeling restricted in any way! A way of eating that we can continue with forever! And as for worrying about not losing weight when eating this way, just look at all the successful souls on this forum- the results speak for themselves!!X

I must say, it put me off the amount of woman there that had been there years, gaining and losing and gaining and losing and I thought, is this going to be me for the rest of my life? I hope not but then, I don't find it difficult maintaining a weight, it's just losing as lot of weight :lol:

I must say, it put me off the amount of woman there that had been there years, gaining and losing and gaining and losing and I thought, is this going to be me for the rest of my life? I hope not but then, I don't find it difficult maintaining a weight, it's just losing as lot of weight :lol:

yeah I know! why is it that maintaining an unhealthy weight is so much easier than maintaining a healthy weight!?!?!?

Natures cruel sense of humour?

yeah I know! why is it that maintaining an unhealthy weight is so much easier than maintaining a healthy weight!?!?!?

Natures cruel sense of humour?

I've been at or around target for 2 years in July and I still go to group each week. I looked back through my book last night after reading this and there's barely been a week when I haven't gained or lost. I put between 3 and 6 lbs on each holiday or christmas time.
This is a "diet" for life and by going to group each week, I am watching my weight. If I didn't go, the old habits would creep in and all the weight would go back on!
We have about half a dozen lapsed target members in my group but they are maybe a stone above their original target. If they didn't come they would be much heavier!

You are so right in saying it is harder to maintain a healthy weight, in fact you've hit the nail right on the head ;) Losing a pound at target is to me, harder than losing 3 or 4 when I was bigger. :sigh:

i'm not afraid of it , it just doesn work for me i tend to maintain with it, i have tried all sorts of diets and its only green days that ever let me lose weight i think you have to find your own way but its nice to have the extra option.

interesting thread - i have done SW for 2 years now alwasy flitting between red/green as i dont really like to eat alot of meat or pasta i found that i felt very deprived having burger withough chips or chilli without rice (didnt like using HEB on that).

so after a while of not really loosing much i left and joined SW again in November, lost 4lbs then was let loose over xmas. Now back on track this time but doing it without going to the classes and i have to say i feel GREAT!!!

i am very determined to do it, EE fits in soooooo well with family life. My hubby is loosing weight doing CC really well my son is eating very healthy food and is now loving nothing more than munching on fruit instead of asking for biscuits. It really has changed our outlook on everything without feeling like we are loosing out on anything.

We had in laws down for sunday lunch and i was able to create a great dinner all sw free foods, so no one even saw it as "diet food"

EE really is the way for me and my family, i am just starting out again but really know this time it will work. For those that are scared to try it, just give it a week

And just adding this i have lost more weight in one week on EE than i did on Red/green days in 3 weeks.

EE all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:bliss:
well I love EE! :D I tried SW a number of years ago and just didn't get it at all, I never managed to eat all my HEX and kept blending fruit in smoothies by mistake!

EE really is so easy, Helen's version in a nutshell:

all lean meat, poultry (skin removed), fish, most offal, extra lean (or rinsed) mince = free.

all beans and pulses (without added sauce,fat etc) free

spuds (no fat) pasta rice etc - free

all veg (cooked without fat/sauce) free

all fresh whole fruit - free

1 HEX A (milk or cheese)
1 HEX B (either cereal, hifi, tinned fruit, olive oil, nimble bread, etc)

usual drinks (tea,coffee, water, sugar free, low cal, checking sugar free drinks for cal value)

and thats it. I just eat normal whole foods, whack whatever I have in the fridge into a pan with fry light and chuck it on the plate, job done.

I use syns on gravy, olive oil, treats, alcohol etc.

I feel that this is becoming a way of eating, rather than a diet, and that when 'i come off it' I'll just be having extra HEX's rather than extra syns, as I am trying to break the habbit of turning to treats for snacks and trying to make healthier choices. this will make maintenance easier I believe.

I have done red days, green days, (had trouble sticking to them) WW (ate free veg and used most points on treats! and gained weight very quickly!) I have done lipotrim, very effective but made me the most miserable person to share air space with! cambridge diet was hard as it tasted nice and made me think of 'real' food! (LT tastes yukky mostly) I also did sureslim that is very effective but very restrictive and difficult to maintain long term.

so for me, SW EE is the dogs plums! I love it.

for me, EE is something I can live with, and in my experience, for me, if I cant live it long term, I wont keep it off!

and I really dont want to keep losing/gaining/losing/gaining... ad infinitum!

my wardrobe has size 10-18's and I just want one set of clothes that fits me and I stay there, not a bundle that go between being too big or small depending on if I am on the latest diet.

I just want to maintain a relatively normal weight, that I can live with, with clothes that always fit (unless I have 'cooked' them in the washer by mistake! lol)

How nice would it be, to have just one size of clothes in your wardrobe?

I beleive EE that can deliver that, thats why I love it (subject to carb suitability for food intollerances out there).

I still don't understand it very well, so can you have anything above that is free and 1/3 has to be veggies?
You are only allowed 1 HEA and 1 HEB all day?

Back