Why can i not lose more than 2lbs a week?

emzybop

Just wondering if anyone can relate... I've done slimming world before and have lost up to 8 and half pounds in one week. I used to have losses of anything between 1- 4 pounds in a week. Since then I've lost 4 stone (6 yrs ago) put it back on and more through a bit of depression. I'm now on the plan for good now, if anything I'd say I'm the most consistent I've ever been, last time round I used to have treat nights on weigh in day etc, cut corners. Now I'm really careful with my syns, eat lots of superfree and exercise more, I still don't lose more than 2lbs a week and I've lost a stone since January with 2 minor blips along the way.

It's much slower than before, I feel good but I thought having 7 stone to lose I would lose more in the beginning! I should be grateful but I'm curious to know why it's much slower this time around?

This is exactly what's happening to me! I did sw about 8 years ago and lost 7 lbs in my first week! I'm now 3 stone heavier and lost 3 lbs in my first week! It's coming off so slow this time. Not sure if it's cos I'm doing extra easy last time I stuck to red and green. How much weight do you have to lose? I've got 5 stone to lose x keep at it tho hun we'll get there x :)

Hi

That is so spooky I was just coming on here to ask exactly the same thing!

I went from just under 13 stone to 10 and a half in 2009 in 6 months doing combination of red and green for the first couple of stone (and then switched to WW for the last bit because I was really missing non brown bread - yuk). I started off with losses of 3-4 lbs a week and then settled to 1 or 2 - rarerly STS and only put on for 1 or 2 weeks. So this time round, as I'm the heaviest I've been, I thought the first stone or so would fly off - but in my first week I lost 2lbs, this week, mid way through I've lost a pound!! But I'm not doing anything different.

Have to say that after my first week weigh in I almost thought sod it and gave up - but then I've read posts from others who have lost 2-3 stone but averaged a 2lb loss a week - so am trying to be patient, and take the long view approach.

I've got about 3 stone to lose so what I'm trying to focus on is that if I lose around 1.5 lbs a week I will be a skinny minny by xmas!

I'm wondering if I've slowed down a bit because yo yoing I think is supposed to effect your metabolism??

I have the same experience too. Just got my recipe books out to put some variation into my diet. As this is the second time I have a big loss to achieve I think it's possibly too big portions and not enough variation ? I have lost 2 and half stone do far with 3 to go. Slowed down to 1lb a week for last 5 weeks and this week 2lb on. Bit fed up but will just keep going and not fall by the wayside. Decided to make some onion soup tomorrow .

Maybe it's because you've done slimming world before could find that your meals in general are healthier than when you started for the very first time. So there's not many changes to make...at least thats what I've been telling myself anyway lol.

When I restarted the diet it was only my snacking I had to change because all my meals were mostly slimming worlds recipes anyway

Back