Why Cant I do this....

Nikinakinoonoo

Finishing what I started
Hi all
Im really struggling here I started thurs got to 2nd day and totm so ATE started again sun, so day 2 again and Im my head is trying to tell me that I dont need todo such a radical diet that I can do it slowly but Ive tried that in the past 2 mths ive tried ww and slimming world what is wrong with me, I think its coz im kinda happy going from 17.3 to 12.13 but I do want to loose more but why is my head winning so far today Ive not eaten thought id come on here to see if anyone can help.
pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee

oh hun the first week is hard you have to be strong and remind yourself of all the plus sides of this diet.
quick weightloss so you will be at target before you know it.
high weightloss every week you can't get on ww or sw.
a chance to retrain your brain into learning new habits.
you get rid of addictive sugar so you get a chance to start a fresh.
peoples amazment of how great you look.
you will see a difference quick.

if its hard to get your head in gear hun fake it and then inventually it will become real. so everytime you hear yourself saying or thinking a negtiv comment replace it with a postive one. like i'm gonna be aleast half a stone lighter in a week and i can do this.

heres a few tips to get yourself though the first week.
drink your water.
if you get hungry sip water.
try keep busy as much as you can but nothing energtic.
try not to socialize it will make it harder.
go bed early if you are struggling.

the first week will be over before you know it then its much easier.

you can do this... I totally no where your coming from, i said to my self i can do ww and never did loose the 2 stone i ended up being heavier and heavier so that was why i done cd and lost 1.5stone in a month and now i want to loose a bit more for my holiday.

You can do it Niko! You must have a lot of willpower to have lost so much before starting CD!

When I feel like eating (often when I'm at home and bored!) I just go to bed!!!! Yes I do, and I know it sounds weird, but it does help. The first few days, I spend so long in my bed :rolleyes: Now at Day 6, I am feeling a bit better but I will go to bed very early tonight as I know I will struggle a little :)

Thanks guys for your replies but I went to work and ate, and yes I managed brilliantly last time but I was 17 stone size 22 So felt big. now im a size 14-16 and feel good and I think thats my mental problem even tho I know I want to loose more would love to get to 10.7 stone part of me thinks hey you look ok as you are.
I think since starting cd it has made me a binge eater which I never was before and the stupid thing is you know what your doing but cant stop doing it, I even contemplated vomitting and that must be a bad sign.
60% of me wants to do it and the rest just doesnt care and as we all know you have to be 100%, just hoping someone on here has some ideas.
@Tinkerbellesmum yes those are good ideas thanks

Last edited:
I can't really give any advice that hasn't already been said, but well done on your weight loss so far. Just think it's only a few weeks out of your life to get to a weight you're happy with, and it will take you a lot less time than it would with other diets. It is hard but keep trying, you can do it :)

Ah, the old 'how do you get your head in the game when you've already lost a lot' problem. I (and many others around here) know it well. It's a really tricky thing to do, because you're not coming at your weight 'problem' from the same angle you came at it from originally. When you started Cambridge, I'm guessing you were feeling horrible about yourself and desperate. Now you don't feel horrible about yourself - so it follows you're no longer desperate. Which makes sticking to Cambridge that much harder. Not impossible - but harder.

Now first things first, are you sure you want to lose the rest of your weight doing Cambridge? I know you're going to tell me 'yes, because it's the quickest way'. :D But if you're not going to stick to the plan for more than a couple of days at a time, it really isn't going to be the quickest way. I've been guilty of using Cambridge for 'maintenance' for a couple of years, going down a stone one month then back up again the next. Cambridge isn't a great maintenance diet - and as you've already identified, it messes with your head. So the first thing to decide is whether or not you're serious about losing the rest of your weight on Cambridge - or whether you might be better off switching to a diet where you can eat, like WW or SW. It's a tough decision, and I'll warn you now that you may not lose a whole lot of weight the first month you switch to a different diet because the body has lots of adjustments to make, refilling glycogen and water stocks and recallibrating your metabolism.

But if you're not going to do Cambridge seriously (and yes, I know that you want to - I wanted to too! :cry:), you really might want to think about switching.

If on the other hand you can psyche yourself up to give Cambridge everything you've got, to give it one last, super-enthusiastic, all-guns-blazing whirl, then that's what you need to do. Cambridge doesn't work for the half-hearted. It really is an all or nothing kind of plan. If that means not taking money to work so you can't buy any food to eat there - then don't take any money! If that means saying no to all social commitments in the next 10 weeks - then say no!

You can do this - you can get back on the Cambridge wagon. But you really have to want to. Otherwise, you're confusing your poor body into not knowing what the hell you want from it - and frankly, wasting money on shakes.

I truly hope this hasn't come across as too much like tough love, hun - because I'm not meaning to be harsh. Give Cambridge one last shot - and a proper shot at that - if you've got the determination to do so. But if you haven't got that determination, give yourself a break and find a diet that you can live with. :)

{{{Hugs}}}

Lily..... that was the most honest heart felt response Ive ever read, everything you said was sooooo right and Ive been doing a lot of thinking today then coupled with your reply has made me now realise that I Will finish this and will commit 100% you pointed things out so clearly.... sometimes it takes an outsider who knows 'what your going through' to speak honesty to you to make you REALISE what you actually want.
Thank you so much Lily I will stick at this and when Im at my goal weight of 10.7 I will buy you a low carb beer and high protein meal lol xx

Lily..... that was the most honest heart felt response Ive ever read, everything you said was sooooo right and Ive been doing a lot of thinking today then coupled with your reply has made me now realise that I Will finish this and will commit 100% you pointed things out so clearly.... sometimes it takes an outsider who knows 'what your going through' to speak honesty to you to make you REALISE what you actually want.
Thank you so much Lily I will stick at this and when Im at my goal weight of 10.7 I will buy you a low carb beer and high protein meal lol xx

LOL, you're on - though can I have wine instead of low carb beer? :D

Glad it helped x x

LOL, you're on - though can I have wine instead of low carb beer? :D

Glad it helped x x

well I guess wine is a fruit and could be classed as part of your 5 a day
:D
And yes it helped me focus x :D

Back