why can't i do this?

tinkerbellsmum

Gold Member
i've done sw loads and done really well with it. these first few weeks the weight usually falls off me.

but these last few times its like i don't even try. I eat stuff i shouldn't abd don't stick to plan. i haven't had one plan day this week. i want to lose weight i'm so fed up of being fat so why can't i do this.
i also tried ww just incase it was cause i knew sw to well making me not try no i was same with ww.
help please i want to get my head in it.

I think we have all been where you are at some point or other and unfortunatley it's only you that can change this.

Personally speaking, I would maybe take a break from it all and then you may surprise yourself and fint that you want to come back and do it 100% x

This was me through and through... I've done SW 3 times before this time and each time I just wasn't ready so after last time I took time off, didn't think about it for a few month, then went back for a fresh start.... Hopefully fourth time lucky and doing much better this time.

You'll get there eventually....

I just wanted to let you know that your not alone! I'm exactly the same at the moment - I restarted SW for the 4th time a few weeks ago - first 2 weeks were great and I was so focused - this week I gained a pound and since then I've eaten everything that I know I shouldn't be :( I agree with StIvesLiz - take a break and you may fine that you are itching to get back on the plan! Good luck x

i haven't really got time to wait i'm getting bigger and bigger and i'm ttc and don't want to be fat and pg. plus i think my weight is stopping my concieving.

If its emotional responses to food and bad habits I would really recommend slimpods, they are really changing my journey and along side sw a great combination. X

Unfortunately it's only you who can get your head in the zone. It's unlikely that anything anybody says will help it click for you as it needs to come from within. You've got good motivation to lose but until you can really use that to get yourself on plan 100% you're likely to get more and more frustrated with yourself. Maybe having a couple of weeks off without thinking about 'dieting' will give you the push you need to realise that you need to make a change and get yourself focused. Good luck x

Why not try to focus on the reasons why you want to lose weight to motivate yourself? You say that you are TTC at the moment and you fear that your weight may be causing a hindrance to the process.

In my case, it most certainly was. It took me 3 years of TTC and a particularly blunt doctor to give me the kick up the bum I needed to get myself motivated. Once I knew that it was NEVER going to happen unless I seriously lost some weight, I took it VERY seriously and didn't stop until I was a healthy enough weight for treatment to be effective - if you are having problems ovulating and they need to try you with Clomid, as I was, then you can only have 12 cycles of Clomid in an entire lifetime, and no more than 6 in a 12 month period.

I wasted 3 of them by being very overweight when I tried them. They then stopped me on it, and told me to go away and lose some weight. So I did, and three more cycles later I was pregnant. It isn't always that straight forward and I cant either diagnose if you are having any fertility problems or if that treatment would even help you personally BUT, if you get to the point where you need to seek help, wouldn't it be better to be in the best possible shape before you do, so that you can crack on with the treatments straight away, rather than having to wait?

I have no idea how old you are or how long you have been TTC for, but certainly, use that as your focus. It may be, that you lose the weight, it helps by itself and you dont need to seek further treatment, or you may still need some help BUT, you are in control of this - give yourself the best possible chance by taking charge of your eating habits NOW, getting your weight down, preparing your body so that any help that can be given, will be at it's most effective.

Good luck, I know how hard it is, but FOCUS, channel your motivation into the goals you want to achieve. You want to be a happy healthy parent - it's in your hands, just grab on and keep hold of it and give yourself the best possible chances. You deserve it.

Disclaimer: I'm just throwing ideas into the ring please don't take offence xxx

Sometimes fear creeps up on us, without us realising. Perhaps you fear that losing weight won't help you conceive, or you fear pregnancy itself (a friend of mine desperately wanted a baby but really was terrified of pregnancy, once she was pregnant she was ok with it mind!).
Perhaps it's the sulky toddler thats within all of us saying 'other fat people get pg it's not faaair!'
Perhaps you doubt your partners commitment to the whole baby idea (men can be incredibly phobic and funny about it bless em).

Why not sit down and be brutally honest with yourself, make a list of pros and cons reasons why you may sabotage yourself. Sometimes we hide the real reason from ourselves but knowledge is power. Once you know, you can fight, otherwise you're boxing blindfold xx

Good luck and if none of this applies ignore me I've had no sleep!

Disclaimer: I'm just throwing ideas into the ring please don't take offence xxx

Sometimes fear creeps up on us, without us realising. Perhaps you fear that losing weight won't help you conceive, or you fear pregnancy itself (a friend of mine desperately wanted a baby but really was terrified of pregnancy, once she was pregnant she was ok with it mind!).
Perhaps it's the sulky toddler thats within all of us saying 'other fat people get pg it's not faaair!'
Perhaps you doubt your partners commitment to the whole baby idea (men can be incredibly phobic and funny about it bless em).

Why not sit down and be brutally honest with yourself, make a list of pros and cons reasons why you may sabotage yourself. Sometimes we hide the real reason from ourselves but knowledge is power. Once you know, you can fight, otherwise you're boxing blindfold xx

Good luck and if none of this applies ignore me I've had no sleep!

I agree with Shirleen. Please dont take offence to anything I say, if this isnt the case just ignore me!!! Sometimes we lie to ourselves about how we feel (everyone is guilty of this, im sure all of us in the past have tried to convince ourselves we are happy being fat, I know I have!) Be honest with yourself. Buy a diary, start by writing down how you feel about your slimming world journey, and how you honestly feel about becoming pregnant. Then every day write your syns, healthy extras and how you feel about how you are doing. You might shock yourself, but understanding how your mind works gives you the power to control it better!

In terms of pregnancy, be patient. Try not to worry, and focus on losing your weight. A very close friend of mine finished a number of cycles of IVF a few months ago, and decided to lose some weight then try again. She lost a stone and a half, and went to start her next cycle, when she was in the appointment they did a routeine pregnancy test and it was positive! I know it doesnt work like this for everyone, but just wanted to illustrate a point that sometimes when you reduce stress and give your body a bit of a break, it might just suprise you!

Hope I helped, if not, please just ignore me (im ill today and painkillers have made me a little bit rambley!!)
Good luck!

Can i just say you are not alone here, i restarted SW about 8 weeks ago after trying and failing to do it alone! Before when i have rejoined i managed to lose in my first few weeks but this time i have hardly made any progress while all the folk who joined at the same time are getting on great and getting their half stone and stone awards. I think with me the problem is all in my mind as i know the plan inside out but just cant seem to help sabotaging myself!
After waking up teary and depressed this morning i have decided to keep a diary with not only my food but how i am feeling as well to try and combat the times i do go completely off the rails. As some of the others have said it could be a good way to get a better understanding of whats going wrong.
I know how hard it is so i can totally relate to how your feeling just now, some folk take it a week at a time or a day at a time, maybe we should try taking it a meal at a time and see how we get on. Best of luck to you xxx

Busby85 said:
Can i just say you are not alone here, i restarted SW about 8 weeks ago after trying and failing to do it alone! Before when i have rejoined i managed to lose in my first few weeks but this time i have hardly made any progress while all the folk who joined at the same time are getting on great and getting their half stone and stone awards. I think with me the problem is all in my mind as i know the plan inside out but just cant seem to help sabotaging myself!
After waking up teary and depressed this morning i have decided to keep a diary with not only my food but how i am feeling as well to try and combat the times i do go completely off the rails. As some of the others have said it could be a good way to get a better understanding of whats going wrong.
I know how hard it is so i can totally relate to how your feeling just now, some folk take it a week at a time or a day at a time, maybe we should try taking it a meal at a time and see how we get on. Best of luck to you xxx

Sounds like a good plan busby85 it's sometimes hard to work out what's going wrong but think a mood diary is a good start. Good luck and hope you get some losses soon.

Back