Extra Easy why change what works

Can you give some examples? I'm not sure what it is that you feel you can't have any more x

A lot of things that may have been free, that aren't syn free now are due to the product changing.

I used to use a certain passatta with my meals, but all of a sudden my weight started to stand still and even increase. My consultant at the time went through everyhing I was eating, we couldn't work it out. However eventually we found out that it was the passatta, the makers changed the ingredients so It contained sugar in it. So whilst it may be unclear, it's usually because of that

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

The old book pork chops use to be free now 5.5 sausages use to be 3syns now3.5 syns
Beef any cut was free now 3.5 syns black pudding was 11.5 syns now 9 syns scotch eggs was 13.5 now 14 syns 100g of Parma ham use to be 4 syns now 5 syns there is quite a few changes I had all the syns memorized now need to carry book again all these little extras add up if u are counting wrong syns value

How long ago did you do SW? As has been said already, some of the changes are due to manufacturers changing recipes. Another reason might be because a few years ago, SW changed from imperial to metric measurements, so things Synned by weight would have had Syn values changed.

You pork chops will still be free if you remove the fat; the Syn value you quote is for pork chop including fat​, grilled. Fat has a very high Syn value.

Been doing it for over a year still even if chops are the same other things have changed slightly so good idea to check things in New book

I've been doing sw since feb 2013 and i still carry and check my books every day!

I carry my book with me everywhere (it's very battered!). On the rare occasion I've forgotten it, we live in a generation of technology so can always easily check things up on my phone.

You'll get used to new values eventually. I was equally thrown, as someone that loves eating out and takeaways, when the syn values for meals I'd been enjoying prior to the new book had their values increase. A little further investigation was because the portion size changed. I'm used to them now. :)

Back