Why did I only lose 1/2 a pound? :(

I am so upset tonight!! Only lost half a pound this week. I have been so strict with myself and done more than enough exercise. With it only being my first week on Slimming World, I thought I would of lost more. I have heard though it could be because I'm on my period. People say that you can sometimes gain 3-4 pounds while your on....is this true? Help please!!

14 stone 91/2.....wanting to be 11 stone.

Hi there, What plan are you following? maybe it's not the right one for you. I know it's disappointing but it is still a loss which is great. I know I retain fluid when it's that time of the month and sometimes I don't lose any weight that week so that could be a reason behind it. Keep your chin up, tomorrow is a new day and all that! :)

Thank you so much for your reply :). I'm on the Slimming World Extra Easy. I have awful periods and only just started today, plus got weighed tonight 5 minutes after dinner!! I know I'm giving myself excuses but I am so upset. Like you said though Lyndesay. Tomorrow is another day and this time next week after it is over, hopefully I'll be a few pounds lighter :) x

It's completely to do with water retention - that's not an excuse hun. Also, why on earth did u weigh in 5 mins after you ate! Did you eat before your first weigh in? A pint of water weighs a pound! I don't even have a sip of coffee when I get up on weigh in day & I don't weigh till 9.30am

That's the spirit! Don't beat yourself up about it, We are only human after all and sometimes our body takes over whether we like it or not!! lol So you hadn't a good start but as I said, it's still a loss and next week when you are back to normal, things will go your way. I was on EE for a good while but started to slow down so im doing red for a while to see how things go. You might have to adjust plans yourself, everyone is different and it is trial and error really. The only thing I can say is KEEP GOING! We can do it lol :) x

I ate before the 7pm weigh in because my mum had just finished work and we thought we were going to stay for the whole 2 hours lol!! I think next week I am going to go to the 9:30am one before work. Mainly because I am going to be too excited and it is just easier. Thanks so much girls. I've never been so determined in my life to lose weight and I know this is the right option for me, just was pretty upset tonight! xx

That's understandable! Im glad you are still motivated! We all get good weeks and bad weeks, better to get it out of the road at the start! lol xx

Something my consultant always says, ours bodies don't know that we are weighed on a certain day. You had a great week and have stuck to it........do the same this week and I will bet that you will have a good loss. Don't beat yourself up about it :)

Its more than likely because you ate a meal before weigh in. Its a good idea to give yourself a couple of hours to digest the food before you get weighed, so if you go at 7, maybe have something light to eat at 4 or 5 instead of just before weigh in.

Also * week can cause a gain due to water retention. In light of both things youve done well to lose half a pound!!

have you also upped your exercise a lot this week as it can take about a week to show up on the scales. hope this helps.

i can put on up to 5lbs on * week due to fluid retention.

I am so upset tonight!! Only lost half a pound this week. I have been so strict with myself and done more than enough exercise. With it only being my first week on Slimming World, I thought I would of lost more. I have heard though it could be because I'm on my period. People say that you can sometimes gain 3-4 pounds while your on....is this true? Help please!!

14 stone 91/2.....wanting to be 11 stone.

I only lost 1/2 a lb the first week and was fecked off :mad: I lost 8lb the next week so that cheered me up :8855: Dont worry about it, it's one WI, there will be plenty more :)

ermintrude said:
I only lost 1/2 a lb the first week and was fecked off :mad: I lost 8lb the next week so that cheered me up :8855: Dont worry about it, it's one WI, there will be plenty more :)

She neglects to mentions she's lost like 8 stone now too! Living proof this plan works

She neglects to mentions she's lost like 8 stone now too! Living proof this plan works

8 and a half as of today! :) Im aiming for ten by the summer! :)

I was the exact same this week as well, was mine ad my boyfriends first week and we were eating the exact same things and I lost 1 1\2 and he lost 7 1\2 I was gutted:(

Sounds like you are staying motivated. :) I agree with everyone else - * week adds water retention, exercise if its new to you often doesnt result in a loss the first week (i cant remember why but most ppl see exercise as a few weeks before you get the real benefit). It might be something with muscle holding onto water initially.

what i wanted to add though (and asking this because its your first week) are you definitely adding 1/3 super free at each meal and have you got the correct. Some vegetables arent classed as superfree (such as peas, green beans, parnsips, sweet potatoes etc). also when having snacks in between meals are you having free or superfree (sw suggest having superfree foods but if you are having free i would consider having superfree with it). E.g. fruit and a mullerlight rather than just a mullerlight. :)

:needhug:And remember a dripping tap still fills a bucket. I had a dripping tap, many weeks only lost half a pound a time although having been totally 100% on plan BUT I got to target and you will too. Just keep on with the plan, and keep the faith. You will so do this

hope u've had a good 2nd wk - don't forget to let us know how u go on at weigh in x

i bet next week will be huge x

Back