Why did you gain the weight?

maddie_tc

I'm just curious to find out why all of us actually put on the weight in the first place. Was it comfort eating? Daily junk food? Love for sweets? Lack of exercise? Or simply pregnancy?

In my case it's simply love for food and lack of excersise! I do cook quiet a lot and it's normally high carb but most importantly I love to make desserts and feed my OH! I reckon I had 2500-3000 calories daily and didn't exercise and not work for a year- ended up putting on 20lbs in 1.5 years.

I will admit I will always miss my daily deserts after dinner but I just have to learn how to see that as an occasional treat rather than a daily-must-have!

What will you guys do differently to avoid falling bk into old habits?

Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Same here, love food, enjoy eating, don't really exercise. I'm a carb addict, complete overload on carbs, not good x
Oh and takeaway Chinese and Indian have alot to answer for, love them too x

I've always been a big girl... Love carbs and food altogether. Plus 3 kids that helped me further my weight gain.

I just love food and drink. Wouldn't eat breakfast, I'd grab a prepacked sandwich for lunch then not eat til quite late after having a tipple or two. I'd always over load on carbs, bread and pasta mainly - sometimes I'd make a pasta sandwich! Cheese was another downfall, I'd put it on everything. It's going to be hard to break those habits. The thing is I really love healthy food too, but most if the time I'm either too busy or lazy to prepare it!

liripip said:
I just love food and drink. Wouldn't eat breakfast, I'd grab a prepacked sandwich for lunch then not eat til quite late after having a tipple or two. I'd always over load on carbs, bread and pasta mainly - sometimes I'd make a pasta sandwich! Cheese was another downfall, I'd put it on everything. It's going to be hard to break those habits. The thing is I really love healthy food too, but most if the time I'm either too busy or lazy to prepare it!

Pasta sandwich ?! Lol

I've always been a big girl... Love carbs and food altogether. Plus 3 kids that helped me further my weight gain.

SNAP !

Ive Always been bigger than average, love my food and eating out.

I used to eat portions the same size as my other half does.

I was also a big comfort / convenience eater, fast food, pasties and pies rather than sweet things are my downfall x

Ohhh never had pasta sandwich will have to try that this week before my cd start date got 1 weeks to go and I can't wait. Wish I could start earlier

Zest for Life said:
Pasta sandwich ?! Lol

Oooh yeah they're delish :) lasagne, spag bol or similar in a slice of bread. Maltesers sandwiches are wicked too. And I wonder why I'm over weight lol

angelupnorth said:
I was also a big comfort / convenience eater, fast food, pasties and pies rather than sweet things are my downfall x

Me too. Could spend a fortune at a petrol station!

I must say I love this pasta sandwich idea.

Mine was from having to temporarily move in with OH parents while buying a new flat! They are food obsessed and drink a lot. All they do is cook, eat, drink and talk about food!!! Looooool

Plus I love my wine but that's nothing new!!

liripip said:
Oooh yeah they're delish :) lasagne, spag bol or similar in a slice of bread. Maltesers sandwiches are wicked too. And I wonder why I'm over weight lol

Omg, maltesers, you got some crazy cravings going on there! I can't even imagine a sloshy pasta sandwich, but maltesers even worse! Your mad lol

Always been bigger was 11 stone at 11 in a size 12 bottom and 8 ontop x

i just always ate bad foods, when i was in my teens i stopped being as active as when i was a child, wasnt interested in PE at school because it was either netball or hockey, evil sports! then i started snacking on crisps and chocolate. i was always a fussy eater and my parents let me get away with it really, my mother has a massive sweet tooth too so it was normal to eat that sort of thing. i've never really grown out of it, lived on ready meals and pasta at uni as had no inclination to cook healthy food from scratch, by the time i got in from lectures i was starving so just grabbed the nearest thing. now i'm older and have my own place, i'm looking forward to cooking meals when i go back on normal food, i just hope the novelty doesnt wear off!

Love this thread - always describe the days leading up to TOTM as my carb could kill for a pasta sandwich week. In my house though bread went with every meal...

So why did i gain the weight? Hmm. I was quite ok till i got to about 18/19. Worked nights in a taxi office - lots of takeaway food whilst i was there. Wasn't too bad though as i didn't eat much of it. Get to about 22 and i quit smoking. All of a sudden i have an appetite - can't fill myself up. Since then i've never ever found the feeling of being full and the amount i've eaten has just grown and grown. Not too bad when i'm cooking, but if i get tired, depressed etc i turn to takeaways because i "can't be bothered" - leads to a spiral of takeaways and binge eating. I'm a bit all or nothing....

Learning from it bit by bit, just need to get to a point where i'm happy with myself... the last binge i jumped straight back onto cd as i knew i had to take action - am hoping this sticks with me. Am much better at the can't be bothered stuff, have to cook for the kids anyway and always have fresh home cooked meals prepared in the freezer. Just hoping following the steps correctly is going to lead me to the right place where i find the right way x

Super noodle sandwiches was my hangover cure loved them ! Love rubbish food that's carb based anything that delivers as well :) I'm an all or nothing kinda girl and was literally eating and drinking it all so CD is good as its now nothing I can work with that !

Will add I am really fit I do kick boxing see my personal trainer and dabble in a bit of running but you can be fit a fat , I am lol ????

Back