Why do I always self sabotage?

Snozzberry

It doesn't matter what plan I follow, I do well for the first week, get a loss and then go off the rails.

I haven't stuck to the plan for a full week at all since my first week. It may just be a syn or two over one day, or a bloody gert binge the next, but never 100% all week.

I think I may have a problem with authority - even self-imposed authority. The minute my brain clicks that it has a plan to follow it rebels.

Ah well, tomorrow is another day, I will just have to start afresh. Again. :rolleyes:

snozzberry im exactly the same... so frustrating.

ive done ww 3 times, managed to lose 3 stone, but got bored so switched to sw. lost half a stone then went completly off track again.. for weeks. put it all back on plus half a stone so im back again trying sw for the second time..

fingers crossed i stick to it this time round. one day at a time

good luck... we can do this x

It's not uncommon and doesn't mean there is anything wrong with you.

There are many reasons for self sabotage so I can't really comment on why.

What I can and will say is that you've taken the first and most important two steps in your weight loss jouney.

1. Choosing SW!
2. Sharing your struggle.

Look at what your eating and compare it to what you ate to gain the weight and feel proud. So what if you go over your syns a little. You're making much better and healthier choices. That's the key and the start.

You are heading in the right direction and should be proud. Exploring why is something you and those that know you can explore. What are you binging on and how do you feel afterwards?

It might be an idea to stock up on or make some free and super free snacks to binge on. Maybe get rid of the naughty stuff and only have good food in the house.

All the best on your weight loss journey. All on this site will be rooting for you.

I think out of all the 'diets,' Slimming World must be the most effective for those of us who have a history of overeating as it does re-train our brains. Flexi synning is a genius solution IMO.

Even if we dont stick to it 100% but dp follow the fundemental principles, then we can still lose and certainly we can get healthier, especially is using Body Magic with Food Optimising.

Good luck with the new day.

I'm only on day 6 and i am really worried i will do the same! I really hope i have a good loss on monday to motivate me....
xxxx

Thing is with SW you are in control not your counsellor so there should be no power struggle, we all can go off the rails but stick with it, everyone here gives such great support.

My meals are fine, I have meal planned all of next week's food on a tight budget (pay day on Friday lol) and now I need to curb the unhealthy snacking. I seem to have a total inability to say no to cake, and we have had a few birthdays over the past couple of weeks at work. Hubs has also come home with cakes a couple of times and whilst I can resist initially, it nags away in the back of my head that it's there until it's eaten. I have told him - again - not to buy them for me. To his credit he got me a muller light instead on Friday lol.

I also need to exercise more. That will be my mission for this week: resist high sin snacking and move my bum more.

I know how you feel - I have lost 2 stones well nearly with SW on 3 occasions previously and regained it all - I am very close to losing 2 stones again and have noticed the last 2 weeks that I am sneaking stuff in - like a sausage off DH's plate - not synned - a few quavers knicked out of DD's packet - not synned. Not synning the pureed fruit compote I made (OK it was from fresh fruit but initially I used to syn it) all these things are slowing my weight loss down - and I am worried that I might start to regain again like before - same old same old.

HELP .................

Back