Why do I do it?

stampingmummy

Have just got back from club and have gained 3.5. I am so disappointed in myself. It's like I have a self destruct button I keep pressing. Since January I have only lost 5.5lb:mad: I loose up to my 12lb mark and then just put it back on.

I am not blaming the diet at all it's me I keep doing it to myself. Let's be honest the plan is perfect to follow with a family and it's not hard so why am I ordering a burger when my SW homemade ones actually taste nicer?

Has anyone else been in this situation? I am so gutted with myself. I have made a promise with myself to be 100% this week and to start taking it a week at at time to see if that helps.

Sorry for the whinge I don't know where else to do it.

You can do this. I went 2 months at the same weight and gaining. I went from 229 to 242. I know it was how much I was eating but it was what I was eating. I am now at 239.8 but the inches are mealting off like crazy. I wore a size 8 dress yesterday to church.

Thank you for the replies. I am doing EE. I have prepared tomorrows meals already I will loose weight!!!!!

Have just got back from club and have gained 3.5. I am so disappointed in myself. It's like I have a self destruct button I keep pressing. Since January I have only lost 5.5lb:mad: I loose up to my 12lb mark and then just put it back on.

I am not blaming the diet at all it's me I keep doing it to myself. Let's be honest the plan is perfect to follow with a family and it's not hard so why am I ordering a burger when my SW homemade ones actually taste nicer?

Has anyone else been in this situation? I am so gutted with myself. I have made a promise with myself to be 100% this week and to start taking it a week at at time to see if that helps.

I haven't been doing SW for long but I sometimes find the amount of food preparation a bit of a drag. I then leave the meal preparation for too long at which point I am hungry and start "fancying". I realised planning is the key and that if I do some cooking on a Sunday and freeze the meals as "homemade ready meals", this takes the pressure off and I am better at sticking to plan. I suppose you need to identify what your triggers are for me it is mainly boredom (and I hate cooking).

The other thing to ask yourself is are you emotionally eating? There is a really interesting article on here about emotional eating, which said that when you have an almost uncontrollable urge to eat something, it isn't hunger it is often an emotional need of one sort or another. I would recommend you search for it and have a read. It was a real eye-opener for me and very helpful.

Rather than the "one week at a time" approach that you have, I find taking it "one day at a time" much easier. If I have a good day, it motivates me to keep going. If I have a bad day I tell myself that tomorrow will be different and it stops me from losing control for the rest of the week.

I don't know if this is of any help to you but I thought I would share my approach with you. Just please, don't give up!

Good luck.

Hey stamping mummy. Your story rings true with me too - you're really not alone. I've been doing SW for 18 months now. Within 6 months I'd lost 2.5 stone and since then I've gained and lost the same stone. I know it works when I stick to it but for some reason I just keep sabotaging it. I found my 'zone' again today so hoping I can stick at it. Do you have a diary on here? Maybe we can buddy up and help each other stick at it? Mine should be in my signature x

I weighed in tonight and have put on seven pounds this week! I had a fun time with friends eating and drinking and did no exercise. Deserved!

I have done this before, and I'll do it again. But it's the journey. I know the plan works, because five stone is still behind me. So let's draw a line and begin again. I'm defrosting mince for a free chilli, and have fruit, soup, cheese and scan brans ready to take to work tomorrow. I'll go for a run in the woods.

What are your plans for tomorrow? X x

This is me !!! I stated sw after having my little girl and had lost 2.5 stone in 6/9 months was only a stone away from target have joined and left so many times and still I have 15 lbs to target my little girl is 4 in nov and I joined when she was 2 months old and like you say it's not the plan at all cause it works its me I eat the stuff o go off plan I don't count weigh and measure and the only reason I still go is that I love the group and the people and because I'm on the social committee I have the holiday off a lifetime in sept and desperately want to get to target !!!

That was me last year, there's not a lot anyone can do or say to help, but you do need to spend some time thinking about what you want to achieve and why, and get yourself really focused on it. For me it took agreeing to go on a very hot holiday (Las Vegas) with some very skinny friends, and the thought of being the only big one in the photos with them (and probably looking red and sweaty to boot) shocked me into getting my head in gear and getting on with it this year. Visualisation can be a powerful tool, and only takes a few minutes a day xx

Back