Extra Easy Why do I keep messing about with this !!!!!

Red-squirrell

:copon:

Ok in the spirit of this website I am going to be totally honest, mainly with myself but think it will help to share !!

I've now been doing slimming world about 7 weeks.
Not with a great amount of success, first week stayed the same then week 2 had 2lb loss, then was away, then put on then couple of 1/2 pound losses...

Basically, I have been sticking to plan with food, although I di figure out after about three weeks or so that I just wasn't getting the super free amount right (too little):sigh::rolleyes:

So started trying harder with that, but as I travel around a lot with work, I started completely skipping meals so that I didn't get it wrong... If you see what I mean.

I gave up red wine, but have still drank vodka and diet coke maybe 2 or 3 a night, I don't have a drink problem, I enjoy a drink to relax, I do skip nights sometimes but on the whole will have at least one drink.

However....

We have had several social events, my birthday , belated honeymoon to Westport in Ireland, daughters birthday, bank Hol weekend away, it's been a blast, but I just couldn't control myself that well, again I made mostly good food choices, but drink was yet again the downfall.

We now have nothing on the calendar (apart from fathers day)
Until or big family holiday in august for which I would like to have lost at least 10 lbs

We have also been pretty much guessing things over the weekend, which is so stupid. I must stress though that everything we re cooking at home is sw friendly.

I've not been too bad with syns, some days having none (because I know I'm having syns with the drink) so avoided any other treats most of the time.

I have also wondered wether extra easy is right for me? But everyone raves so much about it I'm determined to get it to work for me too.

I think that instead of looking at trying other plans you should just stick to EE but follow it properly. It sounds that for a variety of reasons you have never really actually done the plan as intended. So give it at least four weeks before deciding that it is not working. It looks like you could do with planning your meals in advance so you are better prepared - you won't need to skip meals (very bad!), can make sure you get your superfree right, and work aroud any social engagements. Oh and make sure you have at leasy 5 syns every day, whether you are working weekly or not.

I'm sorry but your post was full of excuses excuses excuses....you either want to loose weight or you don't!! (you wanted a kick up the backside)

Its ok having the odd 'off day' we are only human after all but you can't expect to be able to eat and drink everything you want and loose weight in the process!

You seem to like a drink but is your vodka within your syn allowance, are you using any other syns during the day? A 35ml of vodka is 4 syns, if you're having 4 vodkas thats 16 syns, you're only suppose to have between 5-15!!

QUOTE: We have had several social events, my birthday , belated honeymoon to Westport in Ireland, daughters birthday, bank Hol weekend away, it's been a blast, but I just couldn't control myself that well, again I made mostly good food choices, but drink was yet again the downfall.

thats a LOT of excuses above!

You SERIOUSLY have to want to loose weight, you can't keep eating and drinking like this, you cannot skip meals and make up for them with Vodka!!

If you are going to be travelling with work why can you not make your meals in advance, make salad boxes with ham/chicken/turkey, ryvita with philadelphia etc there is a lot you can make in advance! Get yourself a food flask and fill it with spagetti bolognese, stews, chilli etc

You also CANNOT guess with SW, you must measure EVERYTHING, if you are doing EE 1/3 of your meal MUST be superfree!! Are you having your Healthy Extras 1A & 1B?

EE does not work for everyone, I don't particularly like, I would much rather Red & Green days, I can have 2 A's & 2 B's and all the amount of free foods that I like! I have 3 friends who between them have lost 11st in 6 months doing EE but it just doesn't work for me!

So stop with the excuses and start planning your week ahead, failing to plan is planning to fail!!!!

if you have lots of social events then its ok to have a good time, but theres no harm in cutting back on what you would usually have...ie. not as much food and drink. have 1 of the occasions where you let your hair down, on the others be slightly stricter with yourself. its all about self control and it will come but you have to make it happen.

plan ahead with meals for work, skipping meals is possibly the worst thing anyone can do, your body will instinctively hold onto anything and everything resulting in a possible gain at wi despite not eating very much.

there comes a point where we just have to accept the cutbacks and changes to a healthier lifestyle, theres no harm in enjoying ourselves, thats what our syns are for, but its between 5 and 15 for a reason.

good luck, i hope you do well in the weeks to come :)

Perhaps re-read the book, and write everything down. pre-plan meal times, and remember the more super/free food the better, this does not mean you cant have your well earned drink in the evening, we all need that, but going back to the start, may help, x

Not much to add to what's already been said but def "get back to basics" - read your books. I'm 14 weeks into plan and I still get the books out at least once every day to check things up. Do food diaries so you see exactly what you're eating and where you could make improvements, and the golden rule is PLAN. Its not hard to grab a few pieces of fruit to have instead of totally skipping meals.

I too like my vodka and whilst I've drastically reduced my intake since starting SW, I'm by no means missing out. I've also started using between 10 - 15 syns per day rather than trying to use as few as possible, don't know why but it seems to help.

Another thing I've realised recently is that its good to mix things up a bit. If you eat the same things all the time then your body tends to get used to these foods and the way it processes them, if you eat different things it sort of throws your body of scent a bit and I honestly believe it helps with weight loss.

You can do this if you really want to. The plan does work but only if you follow it.

vanilla_cupcake said:
I'm sorry but your post was full of excuses excuses excuses....you either want to loose weight or you don't!! (you wanted a kick up the backside)

Its ok having the odd 'off day' we are only human after all but you can't expect to be able to eat and drink everything you want and loose weight in the process!

You seem to like a drink but is your vodka within your syn allowance, are you using any other syns during the day? A 35ml of vodka is 4 syns, if you're having 4 vodkas thats 16 syns, you're only suppose to have between 5-15!!

QUOTE: We have had several social events, my birthday , belated honeymoon to Westport in Ireland, daughters birthday, bank Hol weekend away, it's been a blast, but I just couldn't control myself that well, again I made mostly good food choices, but drink was yet again the downfall.

thats a LOT of excuses above!

You SERIOUSLY have to want to loose weight, you can't keep eating and drinking like this, you cannot skip meals and make up for them with Vodka!!

If you are going to be travelling with work why can you not make your meals in advance, make salad boxes with ham/chicken/turkey, ryvita with philadelphia etc there is a lot you can make in advance! Get yourself a food flask and fill it with spagetti bolognese, stews, chilli etc

You also CANNOT guess with SW, you must measure EVERYTHING, if you are doing EE 1/3 of your meal MUST be superfree!! Are you having your Healthy Extras 1A & 1B?

EE does not work for everyone, I don't particularly like, I would much rather Red & Green days, I can have 2 A's & 2 B's and all the amount of free foods that I like! I have 3 friends who between them have lost 11st in 6 months doing EE but it just doesn't work for me!

So stop with the excuses and start planning your week ahead, failing to plan is planning to fail!!!!

Okey doke, well I seem to attracted quite a response to that one!

First response, I'm not having 4 vodkas a night, 3would be the max, but some nights its one and some nights its none. and yes I syn it, as I stated I don't have other syns very often. So I'm well aware that I should be having 15

And i have to say I do not skip meals and replace with vodka, never would, if I skip a meal, I've lost out on the meal, my own tough luck, i will miss lunch usually as I have limited choices due to the catering provided at meetings. And it would not be appropriate to take a packed lunch to these meetings.

The problem I have with taking packed lunch is that the nature of my job (area manager for fashion retail company) means that I never really know how the day will unfold, and so carrying around a packed lunch isn't always practical, some days when I can I do, and if I know that I'll be in the car, I go put armed with melon berries and hi fi bars, and maybe a crab stick salad and muller. So when I can I do plan.

I complete the online diary on the sw website, and I do tell it the truth.

I have been walking the dogs between three and five miles every other night

On a plus note I've been losing a little, so must do some of this right?

Yes I do want a kick up the bum, but not when Im mis-quoted....

I do need to do the following

Follow plan 100%
fill in paper diary so as not to miss anything
Make sure I continue with my walking as this clears my mind after busy day at work or hours in the car.
Deceide if I'm having alcohol as my syns everyday?

I really haven't been eating just what I want, and have given up loads, gladly I might add.Red wine, Chinese takeaway, kettle chips, and latte to mention a few.

The guessing bit is stupid, it's the syns for alcohol that I guess not foods.

I knew i wasn't do the plan 100% hence my confession.

Just been out for my daughters birthday and was really good, salad salmon and diet cokes, came home to a serious telling off. Ah well my own fault I guess!!!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

auntynet said:
Not much to add to what's already been said but def "get back to basics" - read your books. I'm 14 weeks into plan and I still get the books out at least once every day to check things up. Do food diaries so you see exactly what you're eating and where you could make improvements, and the golden rule is PLAN. Its not hard to grab a few pieces of fruit to have instead of totally skipping meals.

I too like my vodka and whilst I've drastically reduced my intake since starting SW, I'm by no means missing out. I've also started using between 10 - 15 syns per day rather than trying to use as few as possible, don't know why but it seems to help.

Another thing I've realised recently is that its good to mix things up a bit. If you eat the same things all the time then your body tends to get used to these foods and the way it processes them, if you eat different things it sort of throws your body of scent a bit and I honestly believe it helps with weight loss.

You can do this if you really want to. The plan does work but only if you follow it.

Yes defo back to basics,
Paper diary and sas log
Books in bag
Double check it all

Thanks for your comment x

raquel said:
Perhaps re-read the book, and write everything down. pre-plan meal times, and remember the more super/free food the better, this does not mean you cant have your well earned drink in the evening, we all need that, but going back to the start, may help, x

Day one tomorrow ... Again, but got to keep going if I want to get into the size 14 dress I bought and LOVE x

Okey doke, well I seem to attracted quite a response to that one!

First response, I'm not having 4 vodkas a night, 3would be the max, but some nights its one and some nights its none. and yes I syn it, as I stated I don't have other syns very often. So I'm well aware that I should be having 15

And i have to say I do not skip meals and replace with vodka, never would, if I skip a meal, I've lost out on the meal, my own tough luck, i will miss lunch usually as I have limited choices due to the catering provided at meetings. And it would not be appropriate to take a packed lunch to these meetings.

The problem I have with taking packed lunch is that the nature of my job (area manager for fashion retail company) means that I never really know how the day will unfold, and so carrying around a packed lunch isn't always practical, some days when I can I do, and if I know that I'll be in the car, I go put armed with melon berries and hi fi bars, and maybe a crab stick salad and muller. So when I can I do plan.

I complete the online diary on the sw website, and I do tell it the truth.

I have been walking the dogs between three and five miles every other night

On a plus note I've been losing a little, so must do some of this right?

Yes I do want a kick up the bum, but not when Im mis-quoted....

I do need to do the following

Follow plan 100%
fill in paper diary so as not to miss anything
Make sure I continue with my walking as this clears my mind after busy day at work or hours in the car.
Deceide if I'm having alcohol as my syns everyday?

I really haven't been eating just what I want, and have given up loads, gladly I might add.Red wine, Chinese takeaway, kettle chips, and latte to mention a few.

The guessing bit is stupid, it's the syns for alcohol that I guess not foods.

I knew i wasn't do the plan 100% hence my confession.

Just been out for my daughters birthday and was really good, salad salmon and diet cokes, came home to a serious telling off. Ah well my own fault I guess!!!

I said it how I see it! you asked for a kick up the backside and thats what I did! :)

That's my point tho, you didn't say what you saw... You said stuff that wasn't there, like the comment about replacing skipped meals with drink, it's not like that.

There were a few other things that I actually said that you then asked me if I do , which made me think it was a knee jerk reply as opposed to one after reading properly.

You made some valid comments, and appreciate those, thank you

I find this forum fantastic, and when I reply to anything I consider carefully my reply, mainly because I wouldn't necessarily know all the background on a person and wouldn't want to upset anyone.

Hope you see where I'm coming from

X

Hi Red, u sound like u know what u need to do, the trick is just doing it.

I'd been doing SW over a year ago til my holiday in july but can say I've really only started following plan 'properly' again about 4 weeks ago (terrible I know)... getting a buddy on here really helped me no end.

Good luck on ur journey :)

vanilla_cupcake said:
Apologies if I upset you :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Accepted x

I must try harder that's for sure, and I'm sure I can do it ... I think ha ha

Kieragh1515 said:
Hi Red, u sound like u know what u need to do, the trick is just doing it.

I'd been doing SW over a year ago til my holiday in july but can say I've really only started following plan 'properly' again about 4 weeks ago (terrible I know)... getting a buddy on here really helped me no end.

Good luck on ur journey :)

Thank you, I love that everyone on here understands it's not easy to stick to a plan all the time.
My husband has also joined now so we should muddle through together ;0) x

. . . . . it's the syns for alcohol that I guess not foods.

I find it so much easier to use a 25ml measure for my vodka. This is 2.5 syns. thats 6 singles or 3 doubles and all within your syn allowance. :D

Best thing I found to use is one of the little measures that you get with cough medicine - perfect 25 ml measure. before I got one of these I used a baby bottle.

auntynet said:
I find it so much easier to use a 25ml measure for my vodka. This is 2.5 syns. thats 6 singles or 3 doubles and all within your syn allowance. :D

Best thing I found to use is one of the little measures that you get with cough medicine - perfect 25 ml measure. before I got one of these I used a baby bottle.

Ha ha the tricks we have to learn ha ha , but I like it, a lot!!!

Think I'm giving tee total until Thursday a whirl ... Wish me luck x

Back