why do people read but not reply?

I think half my problem is I come in on the end of conversations, when everybody has said what they wanted to say.

Then I come in and say something completely bizarre and confuse them all.:eek:

I always thought you were good at keeping a conversation going Bev. Never noticed you as a threadkiller before. Thought I was the only one with the expertise.:eek:

Hi Cheryl, i 2 am guilty of the above crime !!
Sometimes i dont even respond to posts on my own diary thread, as sometimes i am not in the right frame of mind and feeling low and i just lurk without being logged on.

Or for me another reason sometimes i dont respond to others posts is that things can very easily be taken out of context (as i know from previous experience) and conversations can get very over heated, so sometimes if i want to say something that i feel others might not aggree with i prefer not 2 post.

There i have said my 2 pennies worth. Cheryl your posts on my diary thread are always, supportive and caring and thank you for popping in to my diary thread so often to offer me support xxx

lol...i LOVE that "mood swing" alert roch.

i hope u r feeling a little better today pandora. i think i speak for every miniminer when i say that none of us would ever want anyone to feel unvalidated or appriciated on this forum. the beauty of this site is how encouraging everyone is but sometimes there can be a dry week where others r having a crisis or getting a little more attention. really dont think any of it is intentional as we all value eachother, of that i am convinced.

loadsa love

xxxxx

Guilty as charged!!!! :( I read masses but a lot of the time I've got the 2 y/o with me and don't get to respond. I'm sorry if I've made anyone feel left out - never been my intention.

And I agree about the diaries - it's is absolutely lovely when people respond and chat, but the main reason for doing one for me is to have something to refer back to.

thanks EVERONE for your replies, you've all perked me up no end, carry on reading & post when you feel like it, in hindsite i am probably just as guilty as anyone else :eek:
love to all of you xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tangent Time
How do u subcribe to someones diary?

If you want to subscribe to all threads you reply to: go into the user cp, then edit options, then default thread subscription mode and in pull down box click on no email notification - then save changes. Any threads you reply to will then be updated and you'll see them in your profile.

The other way is at the top of the thread you want to subscribe to, is thread tools, then subscribe button. Click on that and thread you want to subscribe to will be saved.

To look at threads subscribed to look in your user cp.

Back