Why do people say your not eating enough if....

debtin

Gold Member
your meant to stop when full? just out of curiosity i would like to know as i have read this a few times and been commented on with myself once. Surely if you have eaten healthy extras, had your 3 meals per day & some fruit or snack that is satisfying for you then you should stop? would just like to know in case i am doing something wrong. When following (or trying my best to) SW my day would be something like;
B:2xcereal bars (harvest morn low cal ones)
Snack: yoghurt or fruit or sugar free jelly for snack
Lunch: veg soup or pasta
Snack: (depends how full up i am feeling from lunch) - crisp or mini choc bar
Dinner: syn free chicken curry with rice or spag bol, fish and pasta etc

that is me then done for the day
at weekend i will have chinese and bottle of wine....i am thinking when people say that you arent eating enough its to make sure people are not skipping on food when they arent actually satisfied?

I was told that and it because i wasn't using my syns (you do by having chinese & bottle of wine) so i've used my syns this week and fingers cross will have a weight loss in the morning.

I think if you are full after what you eat then thats fine. I know i would not be full most days from what you eat. Everyones appetite is different i guess.
I think people say make sure you are eating enough because most of the time when on a 'diet' we tend to not eat enough while trying to be ''good'' and make ourselves go hungry. But on slimming world you can eat untill you are satisfied :)

I agree with Chun-ky- I think it's because we are thinking "I wouldn't be full on that!"

I eat like 10x what you are eating, so seeing that makes me think, not enough.... but then again I am quite active and get hungry every 2 hours without fail.

Shrimpy said:
I agree with Chun-ky- I think it's because we are thinking "I wouldn't be full on that!"

I eat like 10x what you are eating, so seeing that makes me think, not enough.... but then again I am quite active and get hungry every 2 hours without fail.

I don't eat as much as Shrimpy & i'm thinking 'is that it??' above all i'm thinking not enough superfree though.

Don't eat for the sake of it though x

Well I'm thinking that wouldn't keep me satisfied. But what I'm also thinking is how did you manage to gain weight if that is all you are eating.:rolleyes:

To answer you question, I think most people on here eat more than you and they know if they ate that they would still be hungry. If you are struggling with your weight loss (I don't know if you are), this is one area to look at to make sure you are eating enough to satisfy you & not let your body go into starvation mode.

And because we are such a supportive lot on here we all want to help each other, and most people will have been on other 'diets' whereby if you eat less you lose more, in our supportive way we want to remind you that SW isn't like that you can eat lots & still lose weight:D

If you are satisfied with what you are eating & happy with your weight loss to date well carry on as you are & ignore those who tell you to eat more.;)

since writing this i have been thinking about it and today i have been listening to my body and i do tend to stop when full, some days i will eat huge quantities of pasta others i will use more syns, just depends on how i feel. But i think for me, if iam hungry i will eat but also i am easily persuaded (by myself) to eat junk so if i control it then i dont - thanks everyone

I don't eat as much as Shrimpy & i'm thinking 'is that it??' above all i'm thinking not enough superfree though.

Don't eat for the sake of it though x

I do eat like a horse though! :8855:

Back