Why do people think it's ok to ask your weight?!

im proud of how much i have lost and i tell anyone who asks that im 14 st 6lb. looking forward to getting to 14 st so i can say i've lost 10 st! i can see why most people wouldn't want to tell people. it is a very personal thing x x

i wouldnt dream of asking ANYONE how much they weigh, skinny or fat! Its so personal...you might as well ask their inside thigh measurements as well! lol
I dont even know how much i weigh at the moment, so i just tell people how much i have lost....and that should be enough information for them!
Tell them to sod off hun! :)
xxxx

Never in my life had I told anyone my weight until the other day - my sister is convinced I have lost enough weight now and shouldn't lose much more. I kept telling her my bmi is 30 and she didn't believe me, so I told her my weight to convince her!!

Like others I am still embarrassed to tell because I don't want people to realise what weight I was. Recently a girl I went to school with saw me in a pub, and made a huge deal out of my weight loss, she was being really fake and saying she will have to join me and copy what I am doing - even though she is and always was a size 8. I was so embarrassed I lied about how much I have lost - I told her 4 stone even though its 6. I was embarrassed because I have lost 6 stone yet am still a couple of stone overweight!

Oh I hate that. "Oh hiyaaaaaaaa! you look Amaaaaaaaaaazing! How are you doooooooin!? You've lost so much weeeeeeeeight"

Because everythings always pitched at a tone only dogs can hear and the edge of hysteria makes me worry for their mental health at times.

I've always been open about my weight and don't really mind telling people, though people seem to ask me about it now that I'm slimmer. Even at my biggest my partner at the time knew what my weight was.

I was talking to a friend the other day and I saw a picture of her sister on facebook and she looked really really good and I just made a comment that was something along the lines of oh she's looking really good, glad to see her diet has been working for her. She's only 15 and put herself on this diet which she did herself and worked hard at sticking to it, so fair play to her. But I then said that I'm not sure why I made that comment because I know how much I hate comments about weight, whether positive or negative.

I then posted up some photos from Italy on Facebook and she leaves this comment... "I know you don't like people making weight related posts butttt have you lost weight?" Well, if she knows, why post it on such a public place?! Needless to say that comment has been deleted, though I did reply first. But it's just like... I don't know. By someone commenting publicly on me losing weight all it does in my head is highlight that they noticed I was fat and that I'm getting not quite as fat, but that I also still have a long way to go. Does that make sense? My mum always asks me how I've done after every weigh in and I really hate telling her. I'll happily admit that I've lost weight, but don't like saying how much. I guess it's just a thing of well I've lost 2 stone but I still look this fat!?

My mum was asking what size clothes I'm in now and that I didn't like either. But then my mum is really funny about weight issues, with all of us girls. It's like she wants us all to be slim and perfect. Which is probably never going to happen with me! I think she reflects her issues and worries about herself onto us. But then, strangely enough I'll say on here about my sizes with no problem! I'll also say my weight no problem. But I guess I just feel like you guys understand, you're all either in the same position or have been! And I'm rambling out a very long post so I'll shut up now!!

I never tell anyone my weight (not that anyone is rude enough to ask), and when people ask how much I have lost I have already planned to reduce it so no one can figure out how much I actully weighed to begin... total paranoia that someone will actually do that, but I wouldn't want anyone to know what I peaked at. In my mind, no one has actually noticed I am that fat.

This rings so true for me.
After my 1st dd, I lost 3 and a half stone on cd and happily told colleagues my loss but not my weight or dress size. (Though I was surprised secret santa gave me size 14 not 12 knickers!!)
Now, after my 2nd baby, I need to lose 5 and a half stone and I know I can't admit to losing that much when I am at goal so may just say the same amount as last time. I told dh I need to lose a couple of stone and it'll take till Sept when I return after maternity leave. There is no way I am admitting my weekly loss to him or hint at my actual weight. Funny really, he is on a low fat diet and I happily ask about his weekly losses and support him when he sts.

Wez you got knickers in your work secret santa :eek::eek::eek:??? It's so politically correct where I work that everyone ends up buying chocolates just to avoid causing offense :rolleyes:.

Just the thought of my boss opening a present containing some lacy knickers makes me giggle and gag simultaneously :sign0137::giggle:

Its "funny" that so many of you would feel that way. I LOVE telling people how much weight iv lost! Im so proud of myself for being strong enough to it! Losing weight no matter how much should be a personal accomplishment :) xx

Wez you got knickers in your work secret santa :eek::eek::eek:??? It's so politically correct where I work that everyone ends up buying chocolates just to avoid causing offense :rolleyes:.

Just the thought of my boss opening a present containing some lacy knickers makes me giggle and gag simultaneously :sign0137::giggle:

We only have a £5 limit so it is meant just for fun. A guy bought a secretary a Shwee (female urinal) as she kept disappearing from her duties at her desk. You have to laugh!

Back