why do people try to discourage you.

vickiabd

hi all,
especially when they know you are doing something great, a work collegue started a conversation about losing weight rapidly,saying it's not healthy, how she lost 3 stones in 2month and how she added it all back, she just when on and on, trying so hard to make me feel bad, i told her that i have made a decision and i will stick to it till the end and will not add all the weight had lost back, really dont get why do people behave like that.:confused:

Jealous and insecure hun!! Dont take any notice - do your own thing and reach your goal :)

Many reasons, jealousy, envious and not self confident! You are making a decision for you and many of us are making the same. I have suceeded for many years at keeping my weight off. Used to weigh 96 kilos many years ago and have recently gained 7 or 8 of those back originally lost 30kilos over years....

Remember you are doing this for you and dont let anyone make you have self doubt or negative thoughts. Beautiful people at heart.... live beautiful lives and that's us!

Brenda
X

i agree with the above posts - don't let her comments bother you! You continue your fabulous weight loss and let her watch how brilliantly you are gonna do!!

I have the same...everything from people buying me cakes to eat, to people going on and on and on about how *they* cannot lose weight because of their job/life/arse/habits/thyroid/etc*, through to the "your face is gaunt" "don't go too far" "how can you stand it I would have to eat x/y/z" (gee thanks, I hadn't even thought of x/y/z and now I want to eat it)ad infinitum!

Just get that quiet mantra in your head.....IT WILL COME.

Whatever you want, focus on it and go for it and it WILL come...

*delete at will!

I agree, pure jealousy and insecurity! This girl at work said to me, " do you want to be slim like me" (and she is a boney size 8", I said no thanks- would like to be a size 10-12 with curves, lol :)

Vicki, these people have their own agenda, they have a problem with you losing weight although they may not even realise it themselves. Don't let yourself worry about it.

Hi Vicki,

I've had the same, my boss isn't really on board with it. Thinks five hundred and odd calories a day isn't healthy, lose weight fast it goes back on fast plus some. Proceeds to tell other people about how low calorie the diet is etc...

I am starting to toughen up now and think that I don't give a rats arse what anyone else thinks. I am doing this for me, I feel good on this diet and for once I feel positive that I will get there. If other people have the issue then it is exactly that "their issue". Don't let people bring you down. Like everyone else says they're probably jealous or don't want you to change or make them feel bad. Keep up the good work and stay motivated! You go girl!

I think a lot of it is down to a lack of understanding of how VLCDs work. Most people are familiar with a more 'traditional' method of a few lbs a week & are sceptical of something like CD/LL which is so fast. Theyre possibly not meaning to be nasty but just dont appreciate that its structured in such a way that you can maintain the losses.

I have to admit several people have said to me theyre glad Im doing WW and not 'one of these crazy shake diets'

I didnt understand how VLCDs worked until I joined Minimins and Id probably have been one of those thinking 'That'll never stay off' Maybe trying to explain the ins and outs of it will help re educate some people.

Hi Vicki,

I've had the same, my boss isn't really on board with it. Thinks five hundred and odd calories a day isn't healthy, lose weight fast it goes back on fast plus some. Proceeds to tell other people about how low calorie the diet is etc...

I am starting to toughen up now and think that I don't give a rats arse what anyone else thinks. I am doing this for me, I feel good on this diet and for once I feel positive that I will get there. If other people have the issue then it is exactly that "their issue". Don't let people bring you down. Like everyone else says they're probably jealous or don't want you to change or make them feel bad. Keep up the good work and stay motivated! You go girl!

Amen to that !!!!! :D

thanks you've all been great.

Stuff 'em - what you put into your mouth is up to you.

From what I can see, there are 2 positive things you can take out of this.

1. People think you are going to fail at something. Prove them wrong - use this as motivation.
2. Remember how much you appreciate people that are supportive of your decisions. e.g. Next time a friend is doing something you don't totally agree with, just remember they have their reasons for their decision and they'd probably really appreciate your support.

I think a lot of it is concern, if you throught someone was doing something unhealthy and dangerous, you'd say so wouldn't you?

Whether or not those fears are founded is another matter! If it's coming from a place of caring, then I think we should be grateful we have people who want what's best for us.

I've been annoyed with some advice that I've had, mainly 'see a dietician instead' which I feel implies I'm too stupid to know what a healthy diet is! :rolleyes:

I do think people genuinely think the diet is unhealthy and are worried, also they probably think you're being cruel to yourself as they can't imagine going without food for so long.

The problem is, people don't understand that ketosis makes you lose your appetite, so they think you're starving hungry all the time - and who wouldn't be concerned about that!

What annoys me is when people ask why you don't just try to eat healthily and excercise more - don't they realise that we've all tried that and it clearly hasn't worked for us! In my own experience, some people's bodies need a more 'severe' form of diet to force them to give the weight up, mine was incredibly stubborn and I even gained weight on 2 Slimfasts and salad a day! So don't let anyone tell you what is the 'right' or 'wrong' diet for you, only you can know that.

Stay Strong!

SW
xx

all i can say is let the results on your body do the talking ;) you wont have to say nothing to these morons jealous envious people @ work

I must have been lucky as I've not had any adverse comments about the diet from people (not to my face anyway :) ) and many have seemed interested in what I'm doing - a good few even knew about Cambridge (the one I'm now using). But in any case, we're doing this for ourselves aren't we - so tough if anyone else doesn't like it.

Ignorance - plain and simple - or jealousy that you are taking control of your destiny. Eirther way it is their problem and not yours ...

Back