Why do ppl over eat

I am addicted to feeling full, so full it hurts my tummy and even then sometimes I find it hard to stop eating.

I am definitely a comfort eater, I have also used food as a way of not addressing my feelings and emotions, the feeling you get when you basically need a nap after a binge, that was me. I had tons of issues around self esteem, confidence and overall happiness and I craved an escape, I also used to overeat in secret.

With SW, I am finally trying to treat my myself and body with the kindness and respect its always needed, most of all, after years of being a wife, mum and many other hats/labels that a lot of us wear over the course of our lives, I am finally taking some time out and focussing entirely on me. It is hard, but seeing those scales show a lower figure each week certainly spurs me on.

I am a comfort eater and also binge eat when I feel stressed, upset, depressed

I have a brother and a sister who a both a healthy BMI weight unlike me who weighed 20+ stone last January!

I am a big comfort eater and it has to be sweet things :(

This is a very interesting thread.

My issues, like many of yours, come from being brought up in a family with a very very tight budget and being forced to eat everything on my plate, as soon as I was working and had left home knowing I could go to the supermarket to buy anything I wanted and it felt so exciting that nothing was off limits as I could afford to have anything I wanted so I did. It got to the stage where treats were no longer treats, they were the norm.

I still find it difficult but I try to go with a strict list and stick to it but changing your mind set is hard and I will no doubt struggle with it for many years to come but it's a fight worth having because of what I will achieve at the end of it.

Thanks to this thread I can now recognise another reason. I too am one of you who if i have spare cash, better payday etc find myself in a shop with an overflowing trolley of goodies. Like we got a PPI cheque a few weeks back and immediately i started planning the groceries and meals out!

I also est when Im happy, sad, lonely, bored, frustrated....basically i eat when i feel :-( Im trying so hard to break this cycle as Im desperately unhappy with how i appear. Just dont know how. Im great on sw for a few days, 100% then bang Im back in the cupboards on an over the top binge :-( its taken me from the first week on Jan til today to lose 12.5lbs and thats all down to bingeing. My first weeks were 6, 4 then from that Ive had one on one off :-(

Thanks to this thread I can now recognise another reason. I too am one of you who if i have spare cash, better payday etc find myself in a shop with an overflowing trolley of goodies. Like we got a PPI cheque a few weeks back and immediately i started planning the groceries and meals out!

I also est when Im happy, sad, lonely, bored, frustrated....basically i eat when i feel :-( Im trying so hard to break this cycle as Im desperately unhappy with how i appear. Just dont know how. Im great on sw for a few days, 100% then bang Im back in the cupboards on an over the top binge :-( its taken me from the first week on Jan til today to lose 12.5lbs and thats all down to bingeing. My first weeks were 6, 4 then from that Ive had one on one off :-(

Don't be unhappy about 12.5lbs since the first of Jan, that's amazing even if things have slowed down since your first few weeks - the key is that you haven't put those pounds back on :) Set yourself some mini goals, make it all a bit less daunting, and allow yourself a treat night once a week where you have the things you crave, but just for that one night x

I'm an emotional eater. I have stuck to SW since October and have lost 3 stone. However the past week I have been waiting to hear if I've been short listed for a job interview so I've been eating crazily and have been lucky to maintain. I found out yesterday I've been short listed and today I've had a 100% day. I know I need to address this issue as it will continue to sabotage my weightloss journey.

I'm an emotional eater. I have stuck to SW since October and have lost 3 stone. However the past week I have been waiting to hear if I've been short listed for a job interview so I've been eating crazily and have been lucky to maintain. I found out yesterday I've been short listed and today I've had a 100% day. I know I need to address this issue as it will continue to sabotage my weightloss journey.

congrats on the short listing..

Thanks Missnix i know this time that Im just gonna take it as it comes and do my best. Not let one slip create the snowball of weeks off plan

Back