Original Why do so many people do red or green days

Personally as I am veggie Green is the only logical choice for me. I like the fact that you get 2 of each HE too :)
Snap!:D
I just couldn't manage on only one HEB a day.

They were mentioned - but only because I told her I had done SW before. She basically said yes we have red and green but this is the new plan and you'll find its much easier etc etc.
I hate to be cynical but do you think its because it takes longer for most to lose on EE so they will be getting more revenue. At the end of the day SW is a business, as lovely as the consultants and members are.

I can see where you are coming from totally but really the EE is based on both plans and I find it easy because I know the other 2 inside out. For the most part of last year I followed EE and was successful but my body got used to it so I decided to go original for a while - but am green today lol.
Sometimes on EE when I was having a roast I would think 'well hang on I've got hardly any potatoes' and did think I could have been original that day and had another couple of healthy extras!
I think EE is easy in that you sont have to think about it too much and you CAN have spag with your bol and rice with your chilli etc but I think that the third of superfree throws a spanner in the works for some meals . My favourite meal on EE is lasagne - or Lizagne as my group call it as I have nipped and tweaked it to a fine art lol! x

They may be confusing a little to new members but I still think they should get a mention. Even the recipes in the mag are 90% ee. It should not be assumed that new members wont be able to get to grips with red and green, but I suppose there is info about them in "the bible"

The thing is, if you understand Red and Green, then it is easy to understand EE, you just get less HEXes and more superfree. But it doesnt work the other way round, if you are taught EE from the start it makes it very difficult trying to separate the free foods into Red and Green.

I know from our perspective its easy, (ie if its not meat its Green, if it is its Red) but from the perspective of a newbie only ever taught EE it gets all complicated having to separate your free vegetables from superfree ones. I mean, just look at the do-I-have-to-have-1/3-superfree question that comes up on here five times a day, all the people who still think beans/sweetcorn/peas/parsnip/whatever are superfree :confused: If we learn Red and Green, EE is, well extra easy!

The thing is, if you understand Red and Green, then it is easy to understand EE, you just get less HEXes and more superfree. But it doesnt work the other way round, if you are taught EE from the start it makes it very difficult trying to separate the free foods into Red and Green.

I know from our perspective its easy, (ie if its not meat its Green, if it is its Red) but from the perspective of a newbie only ever taught EE it gets all complicated having to separate your free vegetables from superfree ones. I mean, just look at the do-I-have-to-have-1/3-superfree question that comes up on here five times a day, all the people who still think beans/sweetcorn/peas/parsnip/whatever are superfree :confused: If we learn Red and Green, EE is, well extra easy!

Well said! x

For me the reason I choose red and green is again because of the extra healthy extras... I also found ee meant I wasn't losing weight at the rate I do with red and green!!
Additionally I don't eat the correct amount of super free with each meal meaning portion control goes out the window and I gorge on pasta, sw chips and rice xxx

They were mentioned - but only because I told her I had done SW before. She basically said yes we have red and green but this is the new plan and you'll find its much easier etc etc.
I hate to be cynical but do you think its because it takes longer for most to lose on EE so they will be getting more revenue. At the end of the day SW is a business, as lovely as the consultants and members are.

My Sister joined up yesterday, I said to her to mention she was a vegetarian, apparently the consultant explained EE to all the newbies, after my Sister pulled her up about not explaning Original or Green she got a bit snippy with her. Not a good start was it.

My Sister joined up yesterday, I said to her to mention she was a vegetarian, apparently the consultant explained EE to all the newbies, after my Sister pulled her up about not explaning Original or Green she got a bit snippy with her. Not a good start was it.

no it wasnt.......it takes longer to explain the red/green plans and makes weight loss slower on EE kerrrching *money pot*

Emsie, that is a very interesting point. I am sure someone in S W hq could put the data into the system and come out with an answer! It would be interesting

I'm sure they already have but whether they would share that info is another thing ;)
I see that a lot of people on here think that ee gives slower weight loss and therefore makes sw more money but in the long run people are likely to get fed up of the slow losses and give up so possibly making them less money :confused:
I actually think if ee is followed to the rules strictly the losses can be fine its just that its easy for the rules to be misinterpreted and not followed properly(no offence meant to anyone)
My mil attended group with me and followed ex easy because that was what she had been told about and she didn't understand the others! She lost about 3.5 stone which was great but then the losses stopped/slowed etc I think this was down to the fact that she didn't understand fully about the superfree foods or hex's etc and would constantly say to me but I can have that because its free (I did try to explain but .....) and she was burning off less food but still eating what she ate when she started etc
Rambling now sorry!

no it wasnt.......it takes longer to explain the red/green plans and makes weight loss slower on EE kerrrching *money pot*

It would not make economic sense for a business like SW to promote a plan where weight loss was proven to be slow. Rather than make money out of it, they would lose money as people would give up quickly and membership fees would be lost. SW are a money making machine and it would be business suicide to deliberately promote a product that they did not work effectively.

Hi sorry I don't have books or anything yet so just get advice from my friend but forgot to ask on red days do your hex a and hex b change?? X

It would not make economic sense for a business like SW to promote a plan where weight loss was proven to be slow. Rather than make money out of it, they would lose money as people would give up quickly and membership fees would be lost. SW are a money making machine and it would be business suicide to deliberately promote a product that they did not work effectively.

well, i agree yeah but, many people do misinterpret the concept of EE and those people are the ones that take longer to lose. they spend more weeks trying (including me)

SW is very psychologically driven-they know how to sell and market it. telling people who wish to lose weight they can eat as much as they like and still lose is clever!! telling them they can eat carbs and as much as they want isnt correct. they gain weight and take longer as well. It isnt better for veggies either IMO

I also feel its as good as the C and the group that people attend. you have to be told about the 1/3 rule (some dont share that info) so that means "oh dear you have had a gain" and more weeks paying to lose....

oh and we all know, low carbs =faster weight loss. but that message doesnt sell it well does it ??? eating recipes with mega amounts of carbs sells-and mega amounts of carbs means slower weight loss for some (but not all)

so i guess what i am saying is, whilst it doesnt make sense for SW to promote something that may have slower weight loss, indirectly it does...eating lots of carbs (as this plan suggests to those who want to eat lots) wont have as fast a weight loss as lower carb options will it ??

I have gone back to mainly doing green days, they are much cheaper and i prefer to fill up on potatoes , rice and pasta, i'm not big meat eater but if i do fancy meat i will somtimes do EE or just measure meat and have it as Hex b , i actually find green days easier to follow (and i like the healthy extras), my weight loss is very low and slow if i do all EE, i don't like the fact that you have to got to worry about having 1/3 superfree. since going back to doing green day last week i lost 3 pounds, i think maybe having bran flakes and bananas everyday helped speed the weight loss up, oh and i snack on baby sweetcorn and lots of fruit. x

I'm sure they already have but whether they would share that info is another thing ;)
I see that a lot of people on here think that ee gives slower weight loss and therefore makes sw more money but in the long run people are likely to get fed up of the slow losses and give up so possibly making them less money :confused:
I actually think if ee is followed to the rules strictly the losses can be fine its just that its easy for the rules to be misinterpreted and not followed properly(no offence meant to anyone)
My mil attended group with me and followed ex easy because that was what she had been told about and she didn't understand the others! She lost about 3.5 stone which was great but then the losses stopped/slowed etc I think this was down to the fact that she didn't understand fully about the superfree foods or hex's etc and would constantly say to me but I can have that because its free (I did try to explain but .....) and she was burning off less food but still eating what she ate when she started etc
Rambling now sorry!

i agree with about following EE properly, TBH i don't think i do follow it 100% when i do EE ie i don't have 1/3 superfree so therefore i am not following the plan, so does some of the FREE (not superfree) food that i eat become syns etc?? that is why i switched back to green days as i do follow the plan 100% and i have a good weight loss x

I started in January on the EE plan. 3 mths down the line and I am bored with the food I am currently eating. Like others I am finding it difficult to get the third veg or fruit in and was sometimes stuck for lunch ideas. Not bad weight loses BUT needed the extra HE. So this week I have switched to red and green days. Much better for me because I feel that I have started all over again and enjoying making different food choices. Also finding that I have all my syns to play with of an evening if I want which on EE was not the case as I was using them to top up my HE's. Will see what happens at weigh in on Monday !

i agree with about following EE properly, TBH i don't think i do follow it 100% when i do EE ie i don't have 1/3 superfree so therefore i am not following the plan, so does some of the FREE (not superfree) food that i eat become syns etc?? that is why i switched back to green days as i do follow the plan 100% and i have a good weight loss x
It doesn't officially become syns but if you aren't controlling the portions of your foods with superfree then as you say you aren't actually following the plan :confused:(not a dig at you in particular iykwim)
I think sw push the fact that you can eat unlimited amounts a little too much with the bit about portion control in small print and people dont want to see that bit either. As you lose weight you need to eat less to lose weight (from my basic understanding of it all) and this isn't addressed by sw either as I can see.

Last edited:
When I went the first time, it was red/green but now I do EE. I can honestly say that IF I follow the plan 100% it doesn't matter which one I do, the losses are roundabout the same.
My old consultant couldn't get on with EE, but she admitted it was because she ate unlimited everything (apart from HEs. I think it's easy to overeat on EE, it's portion control that's the problem, eating until you're just full. Some people see it as a green light to eat as much as they want.

I've gone back to mainly doing green and red days as I was struggling with 1/3 superfree on EE. Unless I was eating a meal only say 3 different foods I found it hard to judge whether I had my 1/3 superfree so find green and red easier because the 1/3 superfree isn't so strict and I find I naturally eat more superfree on green and red (especially red) to fill me up x

Back