Original Why do so many people do red or green days

odd_sock said:
I've gone back to mainly doing green and red days as I was struggling with 1/3 superfree on EE. Unless I was eating a meal only say 3 different foods I found it hard to judge whether I had my 1/3 superfree so find green and red easier because the 1/3 superfree isn't so strict and I find I naturally eat more superfree on green and red (especially red) to fill me up x

Same. Im eating loads of superfree on red! Broccoli and sweetcorn consumption has increased lol. Yumm

*Emsie* said:
Just checking you realise that sweetcorn isnt superfree and I didn't think it was free on red either :confused:

Thank you soo much. I just checked and you are correct. Oops. I ate two corn on the cobs yesterday! Nd have had it on my Salad all week! Lesson learned! Thanks again.

The babysweetcorn is free though I think!

Hi sorry I don't have books or anything yet so just get advice from my friend but forgot to ask on red days do your hex a and hex b change?? X
On red and green days you can have 2 hea and 2 hebs. The actual list is exactly the same as on ee, its just you can have 2 of each instead of one. So you can have milk and cheese as an hea. Hope this helps:D:D

hollys nan said:
On red and green days you can have 2 hea and 2 hebs. The actual list is exactly the same as on ee, its just you can have 2 of each instead of one. So you can have milk and cheese as an hea. Hope this helps:D:D

This isn't strictly true-there are alot of different B choices on green and original, as on green days you get meat, poultry and fish, along with nuts an cheese as HEb, and on original it's potatoes, pasta etc. the A choices are the same tho :)

I started out with EE but switched to mainly red after a couple of months and the weight losses on red were great. Since then I have become veggie so it's green all the way. I actually think I would have been overwhelmed with the info of all three plans had been dumped on me at the start. Having learned EE thoroughly first made it easier to work my way through the other two plans. I also think consultants would struggle to get through all three explanations as part of the new member talk, they don't have THAT long to get through it. Given the amount of posts we have on here that are from new members trying to get their heads round EE in the first few weeks, I don't think it would help to be so overloaded. All that said, if I mentioned in class that my losses were due to red days the C would get all flustered and start on about EE being fantastic. They are made to sell the EE plan, because on the face of it, it's almost too good to be true...

I was always doing extra easy until, I tried red qnd it is speeding up weight loss, more HE. And less worry over superfree!

When i started i was only told about EE, i would love to try & do green/red days but just cant get my head around it. I plan my meals a day in advance & tried doing some meal plans, but thry were not right.

I do mostly EE but since i'm not a big meat eater I like to do an occasional green day so i can have more healthy extras.

I started slimming world at the beginning of January, and i got told about EE! and thats it! I have lost 12lbs doing EE in 12 weeks! but i wanted to have a few bigger losses so iv done 3 red days so far and i love it! the extra HEs and i feel i have more energy and i feel like i am learning portion control =] cant wait for WI on monday night! (how many people say that aye) lol

Thanks, I knew it was that on green wasn't sure about red, I've done two red days and I'm so surprised I'm not even craving carbs yet, yesterday I had none whatsoever and this morning I had two whole meal bread, I'm hoping I don't fall off the wagon tonight, I taki my little girl to see Disney on ice so hoping when we go for tea I can refrain from eating lots of badness x

I do green all the time because I don't eat meat or dairy. I've considered doing red and having my regular free protein sources like tofu and soya mince (no meat, fish or other animal products), just to try out a lower carbohydrate version of SW, but haven't got around to it yet!

Me personally tend to do red days as I can bloat if I eat too many carbs and so having measured amounts helps me. Personal choice but too many carbs in my diet is not good for me. Plus if I lesson the carbs it aids my weight and fat loss.

Plus, as previous entries I am old school and lost my previous weight with just red or green days

Gollywogg said:
When extra easys just so.. Easy..?

Just outa curiosity :)

I've had fantastic loses doing red up to 5lb in a week and I don't seem to get do bloated :)

hollys nan said:
What do you struggle with dancinlilly? Perhaps we could help you

Just what you can have, whats to be weighed and how many of this and that. It dosent explain it very well in the books & by the time i've gone from this page & to that page i am just totally lost. So if anybody could explain it in a easier way, it would be much appreciated xxx

dancinglilly said:
Just what you can have, whats to be weighed and how many of this and that. It dosent explain it very well in the books & by the time i've gone from this page & to that page i am just totally lost. So if anybody could explain it in a easier way, it would be much appreciated xxx

Which books have you it? I think the newer books are very clearly laid out-with the 3 steps you have to follow.
If you do the green/original plans you can pick twice from the healthy extra A , and twice from B(only once from each on EE)
Then you pick your free foods from the coloured pages(yellow for EE, and matching for green/original)
With EE you also have to include 1/3 superfree fruit or veg into each meal
Then finally you pick 5-15 syns a day to use on whatever you want(again the colours of the values correspond to the day you are on)
HTH

Back