• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Why do you need more fibre?

sumayyah

please try again
S: 23st6lb C: 17st7lb G: 9st0lb BMI: 44.8 Loss: 5st13lb(25.3%)
less in means less to come out, were on a mainly liquid diet so a bit of extra bulk helps it to press on the bowel walls stimulating you to "go"

Am guessing that would be because there is no RDA for fibre, only vitamins and minerals(and not even all of them!)
Some people need more fibre than others too, and I know that if I take iron then I get constipated.
None of this takes into account the effects of dehydration either.
I drink at least 3 litres per day and still take fibresure supplement most days :)

ZoBo

Silver Member
S: 11st4lb G: 9st0lb
The RDA for fibre is 25g per day.... My bowels are crap -no pun intended- at the best of times, but on this diet I can actually feel the movement trying to push its way around my colon! I "went" earlier today & honestly thought I'd passed alot -it felt like it was huge- I was so disappointed! Popcorn chicken!! lol

Different people adjust differently to the CD and constipation, I am one of the suffering ones. But there again I suffer on a normal diet.

However, I have started to add a small amount of cooked cabbage to my soup, this does not seem to effect my weight loss. I am on SS.

I also use fibresure as a suppliment, the diet is working for me and I do not want to have to give it up because of my bowel. But I have been suffering from terrible stomach pains every so often:sigh:

Thanks for that description lol :D
The side of my CD shake box doesn't show an RDA for fibre so that's interesting to know-thanks :)
I struggled initially and it has been eased by the supplements. I use the powder sachet servings(5g each)

ZoBo

Silver Member
S: 11st4lb G: 9st0lb
Ah well Amanda we're all in the same boat so we may as well share bowel descriptions. lol

I started taking Fibresure last week. The tablets are on offer for anyone interested in Boots, half price....

Hopefully they will help me "go" a bit more.