why doesnt he get it!?

Littleslimmingbee

Gold Member
:mad::mad::mad:
yet again, HE is sat next to me with the biscuit tin.

i complain, i ask him to sympathise with me. Im trying to be good, i havnt had a good day in general and i would LOVE to eat the biscuit tin right now, but i cant.

he says ' so what just because you dont like eating and i dont means i cant eat biscuits?!' what kind of idiot responce is that. I think you'l find the problem is that i DO like eating.

why, why cant he just appreciate that its difficult for me and he makes it worse by doing this. he is such a grazer, on sweets, crisps.. cereal.. and i ahve to watch him day in, day out without saying anything and resisting and he cant just be a BIT sensitive.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I know exactly what u mean, my dh buys things whew their on offer and usually Ben and jerrys or hagendaz. . The favours i love. . And of course I'm going to eat them. They most certainly don't understand.

Probably because he has never had a star week, he hasn't had to work so hard as you to behave, what selfishness! Surely it wouldn't hurt him to eat them in another room because at the end of the day he can eat them any time and you can't.

Reminds me of my ex and my brothers, none of which ever had weight trouble :/ guess it is hard for them to grasp.

Iv had to retreat to the bedroom, because im out of diet coke so have nothing for a fake sugar fix. . and if i go to the kitchen itl be disastrous. ARGH. :mad: he makes me SO mad sometimes.

Why dont you just ask him to go eat biccies in the kitchen ? it is kinda true that you cant stop him eating them,but youcan ask him to be supportive by not eating them IN FRONT of you

but then how would he play his beloved game of fifa? :sigh:
grrr...

i totally get that he shouldnt have to give up things just because i choose to live a healthier lifestyle than him, but he really doesnt make life easy for me sometimes. I wish he was just more sympathetic to the situation.

Hey hun

I really sympathise with you, it is so hard when your boyfriend eats in front of you, mine does it to and it nearly always ends up with me eating something too.

Here's a though maybe you could explain it to him like this... if you were to sit in front of him playing fifa and telling him he's not allowed too.. he would want to play because you are playing it.

If you are both sat watching a film neither of you want to play because your not thinking about it.... crap metaphor I know but it made sense in my head!!

Hang in there sweetie, do you have any mullers or anything you can have?

xx

sending you big hugs hun xxx

its the food shop tomorrow= no food in house!

iv decided to confiscate the fifa game. its the only option.. (and punishment ha) muahhahahahhahaha *devil horns spring from head, knocking halo to ground*

I just don't think non-dieters get it :(

We have a rule in our house: any naughtiness takes place in the garden or (in terrible weather) the kitchen. That's where I have to go to smoke so that's where my OH has to go to eat a Choc Dip. He thinks I'm crazy, but it's worked so far. And if he doesn't adhere, I stab him in the eye with a kebab skewer.

Does he drive Fern? Can you ask him to keep all the treats in his car?

psml i think thats a good system!

oh yes, he drives. He drives miles and miles for work, so treats in the car already exsist, he's whippit thin and has a stomach like the black hole, .. you know the type..

he has to have his own cupboards, becaus he'l have crossiants, waffles, white toast for breakfast... then he has bakery items that i have to individually wrap in foil and freeze, that he takes with him, although with crisps, chocolate and a token piece of fruit.. then he has his bags of sweets, to pick at. Then the cake tin.. and then he'l have a couple of bowls of cereal in the evening. After the evening meal iv slaved over and cooked for him.

:4633:

:eek:Oh. My. Gawd. Hes actually making himself eggs on toast as we speak. - its not really naughtyness, so i dont care. .. just amazes me.

i cant wait till he gets all plumpy and i can poke fun at him.

Sorry Fern, I've never met your OH and I actually hate him! :jelous:

I'd buy him a shed and make him keep all of his food in that. I couldn't cope, I think you've done bloody well so far!!

Haha! Ooo you can stay on my team.

We do have a shed. He can perch his skinny ass on the bbq. muhahaha

.. or i could build him a mud hut.

Oh Fern, I have been reading all of these posts and almost wetting myself! My husband does exactly the same. I swear he's got hollow legs but there's actually bugger all of him. I'm the size of a house but I try to eat healthily, I go to the gym twice a week and cycle as well yet he sits all day and can eat anything. It's so unfair aint it????

You say you are going shopping tomorrow - so will you be buying the biscuits, crisps, etc., etc., that you don't want him to eat in front of you?

In which case - why?

You say you are going shopping tomorrow - so will you be buying the biscuits, crisps, etc., etc., that you don't want him to eat in front of you?

In which case - why?
Very good point.

Fern, I speak of one of those bloke creatures lol. I'm no Freud or psychiatrist here, but from what I read I'm not at all sure this is all about food/dieting.

The playstation (how old is he, 15?) the defiant eating. Separate cupboards - are you guys living in a student flat? or just practicing for separate lives?

It is just how it is reading between the lines and while I'm sure it is not that drastic, I can't help make the observations. Perhaps he should do his own shopping if he is not prepared to eat healthy - in other words you should not be prepared to purchase his foods.

Possibly time to get a few cards on the table. Not like you ladies to not make those feelings known:p

Good luck!

Steve

oh my life Fern you deserve a halo. If my OH ate biscuits and crisps etc in front of me I'd end up ramming them down his throat :D:D:D hmm maybe I'm just a very scary lady xx

Good luck and if that doesn't work lock him outside till he agrees to keeping his eating out of sight xxx

Very good point.

Fern, I speak of one of those bloke creatures lol. I'm no Freud or psychiatrist here, but from what I read I'm not at all sure this is all about food/dieting.

The playstation (how old is he, 15?) the defiant eating. Separate cupboards - are you guys living in a student flat? or just practicing for separate lives?

It is just how it is reading between the lines and while I'm sure it is not that drastic, I can't help make the observations. Perhaps he should do his own shopping if he is not prepared to eat healthy - in other words you should not be prepared to purchase his foods.

Possibly time to get a few cards on the table. Not like you ladies to not make those feelings known:p

Good luck!

Steve

Haha, this made me chuckle. 15, yes quite! he is 24, although when clued to that thing your right to doubt that!

Its difficult, we live together, and apart from this foodie bit.. we dont really do anything 'seperatly'. Its funny, he can sit next to me and eat sweets, but the minute there is chocolate, bread.. biscuits.. i get itchy, i get frustrated and it just makes me mad. I know this is just pure jelously, it drives me mad (as already mentioned) i work my ass off to loose weight, eat healthy etc ect.. and yet he can do nothing all day long but eat and loose a lb :eek:
Quite often i feel like the immature one, getting mad at him because i simply cant have- or choose not too- eat what he is eating.

On the other hand, when he askes if we can get some crossiants for breakfast, i cant help but think about how i feel when i wake up on a wednesday ( my 'day off' food wise) and look forward to all the yummy cereals ect i will eat that day.. he works SO hard, driving up to 8 hours a day, then 8 hours working in a mundane job, quite often on his own.. but he does it because the money keeps up going, he earns triple what i do in a month, and i know that having somthing nice helps getting up at 4am a bit easier when you know you have a crappy day ahead. - then i feel selfish.

but i do feel he ought to try and 'get it' a bit more. . but how can someone ever truely understand when theyv never had or been exposed to an eating problem?

xxx

Back