why doesnt he get it!?

I swear all our men are related!!!I also have a hollow legged rake thin binger!!! Ironic as if strangers saw us both they'd assume I was the unhealthy eater due to my size.... GRRR!!! Life is sooooo unfair!
I hear where you are coming from tho Fern!!!

Oh dear, as usual I am about to say something different to everyone else.

HE has the right to eat whatever he likes. HE doesn't dictate to you when you can eat or what you can eat. HE might not like it that you're on a diet and won't go out for dinner with him etc but I bet HE doens't force you to go and eat things that you don't want to eat. Alas, this is life.

I have the worlds amount of allergies - red wine, all red/purple veg and fruit, mint and chocolate together, certain spices, and so on. I don't stop my OH eating the things he wants to just cos I can't eat them.

Plus, if you're going to stop him from eating things that you can't eat then you're going to have to stop all your friends, work colleagues etc. Just rise above it, let yourself feel good about resisting eating it, rather than getting grumpy cos he's eating it. If you get grumpy you're more likely to break! BE strong, you can do it. :)

Sorry if this isn't what you wanted everyone to say, I'm being honest and differing opinions are healthy for us all.

Although I agree with what you have said to a degree, Bev, and I have to agree that morally you are correct, I couldn't stand my partner eating my favourite things all day every day either. I'm allergic to nuts; I don't mind my OH having a nut based snack every now and again- a few times a week even, but if he was stuffing nuts into his face every time I looked at him I wouldn't be pleased.

I don't think Fern's OH is being supportive at all.

Whilst i totally see what your saving bev, i dont think you quite understand the extent of his eating habits, so whilst no.. i would, and couldnt ban him from eating certain things, i just feel he could be a bit more tactful about it.. especially on days when he knows, because hes already asked me how my day has bin- he knows i may be struggeling more than usual that day.

to be honest, some days he is as supportive as you can get, and i so appreciate that.. but others he lets my diet get the better of him. your quite right, he hates the fact i diet, he loves my new body and is pleased for me.. but he hates that all foods hold a value to me, some days i might treat myself but others i wont. Il refuse to go to certain resteraunt if im trying extra hard that week to reign it in. . and there have been times when hes pushed it to far, telling me to ''eat a proper meal'' infront of kitchen and waitering staff.. and even storming out of resteraunts and telling me im obsessed. Very rare occasions this, and other than this.. he is one of the very few men left in this world who hold 'old fashioned' values and despite how i feel about his mother sometimes (haha) shes done a fab job with him, i am incredibly lucky.

i just wish he could get fat.. then he'd know how it feels!!! :D

Haha, this made me chuckle. 15, yes quite! he is 24, although when clued to that thing your right to doubt that!

Its difficult, we live together, and apart from this foodie bit.. we dont really do anything 'seperatly'. Its funny, he can sit next to me and eat sweets, but the minute there is chocolate, bread.. biscuits.. i get itchy, i get frustrated and it just makes me mad. I know this is just pure jelously, it drives me mad (as already mentioned) i work my ass off to loose weight, eat healthy etc ect.. and yet he can do nothing all day long but eat and loose a lb :eek:
Quite often i feel like the immature one, getting mad at him because i simply cant have- or choose not too- eat what he is eating.

On the other hand, when he askes if we can get some crossiants for breakfast, i cant help but think about how i feel when i wake up on a wednesday ( my 'day off' food wise) and look forward to all the yummy cereals ect i will eat that day.. he works SO hard, driving up to 8 hours a day, then 8 hours working in a mundane job, quite often on his own.. but he does it because the money keeps up going, he earns triple what i do in a month, and i know that having somthing nice helps getting up at 4am a bit easier when you know you have a crappy day ahead. - then i feel selfish.

but i do feel he ought to try and 'get it' a bit more. . but how can someone ever truely understand when theyv never had or been exposed to an eating problem?

xxx

I understand, and I know us blokes (some blokes) are not the most sensitive or even sensible of creatures lol. Just had a look at your stickers and got to thinking, you are almost at target and you've lost a massive part of your original body weight.

I hadn't realised how far you'd come and how well you'd done - I think he should take you shopping and buy you a new wardrobe then take you out to show off his "new woman". Irrespective, you've done fantastic Fern.

Well done girl! and doubly well done for doing it by your own efforts (in the main).

Steve

You say he loves your new body. Do you think that he may feel threatened by it? That now you are a fab new shape you are far more attractive to all the other blokes? You might run off with one? Could explain his behaviour.

. . . . Il refuse to go to certain resteraunt if im trying extra hard that week to reign it in. . and there have been times when hes pushed it to far, telling me to ''eat a proper meal'' infront of kitchen and waitering staff.. and even storming out of resteraunts and telling me im obsessed. Very rare occasions this . . . . . .

Even if it is rare, it is not right to humiliate you in public.

i dont think he's worried no, he is always on at me to start appreciating my new body myself. he's quite right, all i see is the next bit of weight i need off, or why i cant quite fit into somthing. I often loose sight of how far iv come. . infact it irratates him i don't feel 'sexy' like i used too. Im far more 'aware' of myself now.

and Avisk, whilst your quite right, and i can assure you, he NEVER gets away with it, and is quite the sorry boy after. He gets very frustrated that i occasionally let 'sw' take over. either way, its never excusable. We both know that.

Now now, before we all get carried away on a thread that was originally posted in a light hearted way to get a little support, because i know im not alone!! although i was quite mad at the time too LOL
I am still marrying the bloke, and he is genuinly amazing. Just not when he eats biscuits. ha!
a good ol' clip round the ear will surfice in future.
xx

Nice post Fern..........we have to love them warts and all and lets face not one of us or our OH's are perfect !!!

i dont think he's worried no, he is always on at me to start appreciating my new body myself. he's quite right, all i see is the next bit of weight i need off, or why i cant quite fit into somthing. I often loose sight of how far iv come. . infact it irratates him i don't feel 'sexy' like i used too. Im far more 'aware' of myself now.

and Avisk, whilst your quite right, and i can assure you, he NEVER gets away with it, and is quite the sorry boy after. He gets very frustrated that i occasionally let 'sw' take over. either way, its never excusable. We both know that.

Now now, before we all get carried away on a thread that was originally posted in a light hearted way to get a little support, because i know im not alone!! although i was quite mad at the time too LOL
I am still marrying the bloke, and he is genuinly amazing. Just not when he eats biscuits. ha!
a good ol' clip round the ear will surfice in future.
xx
That's the spirit Fern. Tell him any more of his shenanigans and it will be "clipped lugs and bread and water for the rest of the week"

Old ways are the best lol

Back