Why drink water on a VLCD ?

mike

MIKE U ARE GOD!! YOU ARE SUCH AN INSPIRATION AND IT HAS MADE ME SIT UP AND THINK TO MYSELF (SHARON ! GET OFF YOUR LAZY FAT ASS AND LOSE SOME WEIGHT GIRL)!!!!:break_diet:

SO WATCH THIS SPACE. PLENTY OF :tear_drop: AND I WILL BE THIN.....:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D XX

thanks that is so useful!

I have really been struggling with the water....and my weight loss has really started to slow. I am actually heavier this week than last - yet I am strict SS'ING!

So hopefuly now I understand the reasoning...I should be able to do better on the water front!

Hi there everyone.
I always drink my water at fridge temperature - my 1st week I had 4 ltrs every day and lost an amazing 14 lbs. This week my cdc has advised that I try and drink 5ltrs every night - this is probably because I have 7 stone 5 lbs to lose to achieve goal and being big means I should be drinking more. I'm at the end of day 10 now and have had that extra litre so i'm interested to see what weight I lose this week cause I WILL NOT CHEAT !!!
Ta everyone and keep up motivated with the slimming.

very interesting post...i have just been drinking 2and a half litres defo gonna get 4 into me. ive alot to lose and if this helps the process im all for it. thanks for posting that very good :)

I asked my CDC to send the following question to Cambridge on my behalf. Underneath is their reply.

Question:- "I am aware CD recommend a minimum of 4 pints of water per day. I see on various forums many CDCs advocating 4 - 6 litres or more per day. Do Cambridge endorse this? As CDCs are actively suggesting this quantity, saying "The more you drink the more you shrink" is there any scientific proof that this is beneficial?"

Reply:-
"As far as the water is concerned, we have no connection with that
phrase, as I am sure you are aware, the forum chat is not endorsed by
the company.
We recommend a minimum of two and a half litres daily, when using any
programme, particularly sole source.
However, once established on the diet, it is perfectly acceptable to
consume three to four litres daily.
Some people, particularly those who were drinking large amounts before
dieting, can drink more than that without any problems.
Everyone's requirement is different.
The thing to remember is to drink the water regularly throughout the
day.
It is not a good idea to go for long periods of the day without
drinking, and then consume large amounts"

Fantastic thread, I'll be drinking 4lts every day from now on. thanks mike.

Thanks Mike!

I am in the preparation phase before SSing and all your tips are going to mean the results of my effort is maximised. I mean to continue on aminimum of 4L. I have 8.5 stone to lose and the thought that water will speed it up is boosting my motivation.

Have just drunk 1L on a slightly hungry belly but I now feel full and comfortable.

Great thread, I'm fairly good at drinking water most of the time anyway but its good to know that its really worth it :)

very helpful thankyou.

I don't know if you recall a couple of months ago, I was complaining because I had lost 18lb in the first two weeks and nothing in the next three weeks. All I can put it down to is water.

I am now starting again, (with a 6 lb weight gain since giving in) and I promise myself that I will drink 3 l of water and stop using tetris shakes and bars.

My CDC has also put me on plan b (with a meal).

Do you think my plans will work?

I wondered what Mikes advice of 4 litres of water a day would work out as pints ( as I have a pint glass that I keep refilling!) I have just measured it out and by my reckoning I should be aiming for 6 pints of water a day. I think I have been falling short of this so am going to make a huge effort to increase my water intake. Thanks Mike xx

great link Caronlookalike, I have been drinking pints of water at a time, so I will slow them down a bit.

Thanks

Ive read ur advice its great....BUT... my problem is the more i drink water the hungrier i get ........any sugesstion why it has the reverse effect on me???and what i can do till den i will try to drink 4lt but just hope my hunger pangs stop...

thanx dude

this is very good stuff. lm going to up my water intake as from now.

Hi All,

Me and my fiance started SS (for the first time) on Wednesday and have both stuck to it religeously. Our CDC stressed the importance of drinking water and advised us to try to drink a minimum of 4L.

Since we started we've both probably drunk about 5L a day each (although I had about 7L yesterday).

Unfortunately, we're both really suffering with what I can only assume is water retention. We both feel huger than ever and it just doesn't seem to go away.

Is this normal and if so how long can we expect it to last? Is there anything we can do to help speed up the process?

Also, as I mentioned, I drank 7L yesterday - is this too much?

Thanks,
Brett

Back