why has my weight loss stalled

Safia

Gold Member
Its been over two weeks that my weight has stalled. I'm following ee 100% and doing exercise 5 times a week for 30 mins on my exercise bike. I barely have 10 to 15 syns a week. I dont know what im doin wrong. I have a lot of weight to lose im currently 16 stones 11 pounds and have been so for over 2 weeks. I really felt positive on slimming world but starting to get depressed again as im not losing weight and trying so hard. The only things that may be affecting is when i eat my dinner and that is around 8 in the evening so that i dont binge around that time when i feel hungary. I thought i waseating too many eggs so i havecut them out too thisweek and also limited my oily fish intake. i really dont know where im goin wrong :cry:

Hi Safia,

I've either STS or gained the last 5 weeks & I'm the same as you, I do EE 100% & I do regular exercise. It's not nice not getting results but stick with it :) Do you write a food diary?? Sometimes noting every single thing you eat will show up something that may not be helping. Also check all of the syn values of things before eating, my consultant said manufacturers are always changing products so the values can change & until we look it up we won't know.

One thing I'd say is you're not having enough syns, you should have between 10-15 a DAY not week, try that & I'm sure it'll make a difference. Have you asked your consutlant for advice?

My consultant wasnt very helpful, she seems to have her favourites and as i'm a bit shy and not very loud i tend not to be heard or taken serious. Only thing she said eat more superfree but if i dont have the appetite then how can i! I think i ate too much eggs and oily fish last week so i'm limiting them this week. Just feel so down x

I understand as I changed groups because my consultant had favourites, maybe take her to one side & say you really need advice, if you pay for class you deserve her time so don't feel out of line.

I'm a vegetarian so I can't help on the fish (although I don't think anything oily is recommended - I'm not sure) but eggs are free so you can't have too many, I have 2 for breakfast every day & thats ok. What works for one may be different for another, try difference things, vary your food, try new dishes. Something should kick start it :)

Why not start with the superfree? Decide on what vegetables and fruit you are going to have and plan your meals around them. Add small amounts of meat, fish, pasta whatever, to the vegetables, rather than the other way around.

Oily fish are free, tinned salmon and mackeral in brine are life savers when i dont have the energy to cook as i have a 2 yr old and a 8 mnth old. I really wish i had the confidence to say that to my consultant but fingers crossed we werent be living where we are for too much longer. The image therapy is a waste of time as she spends more time on her favs and less on others but right now im just there to make sure i keep on the stright and narrow and not go back to my old ways x

Safia could you move to a different group even without moving house? I do feel its totally unfair when others are shown more attention & ones who need advice are left out but maybe she's unaware that she does it. I changed groups & my group is so supportive & my consultant phones/texts/emails if you need her to & she remembered eveything about me from day 1. Maybe look up to see if there's another you could go to x

Well it's something you want & you are paying for it so you are entitled to advice :) Maybe see if an opportunitiy arises where you can speak to your consultant one to one. If not get in touch, they should give their details out. x

When this happened to me someone said change what you are eating as your body becomes used to it.
Nearly every Breakfast I had toast and marmite and then for lunch I a jacket potatoes with tuna and evening meals consisted of 2 core ingredients like beef and chicken.
I changed my meals so I never had the same thing for a 3 day period and low and beyond I lost 4 lb the following week. I think your body must predict what your eating but when you start swapping meals around it almost confuses it and you end up losing weight. I have no idea if there is scientific proof this works or why but it worked for me.

Try not to feel down, even though your weight might not be shifting at the moment, you're not gaining either! You're still sticking to the plan, that takes an awful lot of work especially when you're not seeing the results you want so you should be really proud of yourself. Even if you're not seeing results it doesn't mean that your body isn't changing. Aside from your weight, the change in your diet will be helping your health. When I think back to how much I used to eat I'm suprised my arteries didn't just go on strike.

Do you write a food diary? Keeping one can really help you analyse what works for you and what doesn't. And like marmiteman suggested, mixing up your diet might wake your body up a little. You could also try some red and green days as I think they help boost your weight loss a little.

Please don't get disheartened. No matter what the scales say, if you are following the plan then you will get to your target goal eventually. :) Keep smiling!

Emily

Ok, just a quick question, have you been doing SW with Xenical?

If you have, it may be worth looking at stopping them for a little while - I know lots of people on here who have found they are of no benefit at all while doing SW - firstly because what you eat is so low in fat anyway, but for some reason, they can have the opposite to the desired effect and actually slow losses.

I took them a long time ago when I wasnt doing SW but was following a low fat/low cal diet and they completely stopped my losses, and I know others here have had the same problem. I know they are medically prescribed but if you are combining the two, try a week without them and see if it kick starts your losses? You wont medically suffer by omitting them.

My advice, like already given would be to up your Superfree veg. I'd try cutting down on your carbs.
Also, are you measuring yourself? I bet with all that exercise you are still losing inches!
For me, I make Nash out of swede, rice out of cauliflower and pasta out of courgette ribbons!

Keep at it, you'll get there!

Can you give us an idea of what you might eat in a typical day?

Your BMI is over 40 so you have quite a lot of weight to lose, and that also means you actually burn more calories that the "average" woman. I wonder if you are not eating enough? If that is the case, panicking about what you are eating and cutting back more won't help!

And up the syns to at least 10 a day if you can.

Your Superfree is veg rather than just fruit. So if your having meals you should eat have at least 1/3rd of your plate as veg and then one third say chicken and potatos.
Ive found eating my veg first really helps superfree :)
I'd go back to basics, re-read the book and do a food diary, and weigh everything so its spot on, its so easy for us all to get lax a little bit.

But if your not eating your 1/3 superfree then that wont help with the weight loss, and maybe you need more syns if your feeling like you need them.

Plus all the exercise then theres chances of inchloss and muscle gain x

Back