Why have I got side effects with so little fat??

onefatmama

Hi,

This may get a incy bit long.

I have 7 stone to lose, I did it before on CD before my last baby, but funds wont allow it this time:(

I started xenical 6 days ago and combining it with a very low carb and low kcal (800kcals roughly) diet.

I 've had no side effects at all, apart from today that is:(:eek:. I don't understand why iv had orange oily poo and farts and had to rush to the loo 3 times this morning.

I have kept to the 5% rule:confused: every day.

For example.. breakfast was half slice of toast and a smidge of butter, coffee with semi milk and 2 sweetners.

Lunch: a small chicken salad and low fat dressing.

Early tea: 1 Cambridge shake.

Supper: home made chicken and veg soup.

What would be causing this? Can xenical respond to other things than just fat in the diet?

Thanks for any help and guidence:)

what is the nutritional info for the cambridge shake???
and did the chicken have any fat on it??

it also could be from up to 72 hours previous... so is there anything you had the day before???

Are you sticking to the rule that says no food at all that contains more than 5% fat? (ie butter for a start) Even tiny amounts of high fat foods can cause problems. That's all I can think of at the moment. 800 cals is VERY low!!

what is the nutritional info for the cambridge shake???
and did the chicken have any fat on it??

it also could be from up to 72 hours previous... so is there anything you had the day before???

Hi,

The CD shake has about 2grams of fat and the chicken was skinless and stir fried.:)

yeah i would have to agree with kitty and say that the only thing i can think of would be the spread........ i dont use this (if i do its very rare)
and i also think 800cals is very low....

Are you sticking to the rule that says no food at all that contains more than 5% fat? (ie butter for a start) Even tiny amounts of high fat foods can cause problems. That's all I can think of at the moment. 800 cals is VERY low!!

Hi,

I do try to stick to the rule when possibe, but with my salad for example, I had a teaspoon of mayo as that tiny bit worked out to around 5grams, so thought that must be ok if your aloud a total of 15 grams per meal, I maybe very wrong though.

Also a couple of days ago I drank a few vodka's with zero coke, but that is zero fat?

ofm

The vodka and zero coke is fine. The Xenical rules do say no more than 15g of fat per meal but each separate type of food in the meal also has to contain no more than 5g of fat per 100g ie no more than 5% fat no matter how much or how little of that food you are having. Does that make sense? So even if you are having a tiny scraping of butter or a minute drop of full fat mayo this would still break the rules as both those foods contain more than 5% fat. Sometimes it takes a few days for you to work out what works for you as our bodies all react differently, what one person gets away with, someone else might not. Hope that helps.

KB x

The vodka and cokes won't cause you any problems, but it could be the mayo. Was it the light/extra light version, or the full fat one?
I know it may have only been 5g worth, but it's a concerntrated amount of fat to have in a small amount of food, especially as you must be eating so little to keep within 800 calories!
That's all I can think of, except maybe your home made soup. Did any fatty parts of the chicken make their way into it?

I agree with the others. 800cals is a VERY low amount of calories, especially since xenical cancels out a third of the fat you're eating. Is there any reason you've decided to restrict yourself so much? I personally have around 1200-1500 calories per day and I can lose 3lbs in a good week, doing virtually no exercise.

For what it's worth I get "punished" 2 days after eating the offending food.

I've never risked any form of butter because it can definitely cause the tango effect. And what are you using for the soup recipe? It might be something in there causing the problem. (It sometimes takes a time for effects to show) I agree with everyone that 800 calories seems really low - have you checked on your myfitness.com? That will tell you the optimum calories you can eat to lose weight. You don't want to put your body into starvation mode as it won't let go of any of the fat, it'll cling on.

Back