why have i not lost??

Help!!! I was doing so well week 6 starts tomorrow but I haven't lost on week five?? I'm in ketosis not cheated, not due on and going the loo but I just can't understand it?even my inch loss had stopped. But I feel quite bloated? I'm at a loss n feel like giving up HELP ??

Hi honey, I know its frustrating, but just hang on in there, its just your body being difficult! I had this too, but it doesn't mean its not working, its just one of those things and you WILL lose weight. You cannot not lose weight on this diet, but you just have to ride out the stubborness of your body. Keep your chin up, don't weigh in before weigh in day and above all don't give up after coming so far x x x

Thanks Eclipse, you just feel your depriving so much then to see that is so frustrating. I'm going to keep going I should be happy n think I've lost 25lbs in that five weeks but you get used to the big losses...will keep going only have 4 weeks left eek! Xx

Learley, are you sure you're drinking enough water? I know it's hard to remember to keep drinking up to 4 litres a day but it's the ONLY way!

x S

Pet I weighed in this morning and no loss and my mum did the same at the weekend and no loss. I' going to boots on an early lunch to check the scales.

I've been really good and done 30mins on vibroplate the last 3 nights and 30mins walking and TOTM is over so I'm not bloated.... Really feeling your pain and I can only stay on for another 3 weeks!!

Learley, found this info on a website and it might help you understand:

The reason is that the human body works hard to keep energy intake and output in balance. In other words, your body does not like to lose weight (not a revelation, huh?). After your initial weight loss, your progress will slow down and eventually stop even though your exercise and food intake is consistent. The bottom line is that the very efforts you make to burn more calories may eventually slow it down.
Problem 1. Lowering your calories too much
Fact: It takes calories to burn calories. When you decrease your food intake, your body simply lowers its metabolic rate in response. This still allows the body to function properly, but ultimately your body requires fewer calories which creates hunger and prevents you from losing fat.

x S

Thanks all, wondering whether to refeed for a week then jump back to tfr to shock my body oy have till end of sept but also looking for last min holiday so that might shock my body... Ooh it's just so frustrating ??

Do you exercise? can you increase it?? Exercising increases your motabolism and if you exercise in the morning it will get it started nice and early ? I would give it one more week and if you don't lose anything then if it was me I would consider refeed ! you never know you could lose loads next week and be delighted that you stayed with it !! x

How's about me and you stick with it and see what next week brings us before making any decisions?? I promise to work out as much as I can and hopefully I'll be over my infection by then as well!!

Well second shake down I'm still going going to up the exercise on wii tonight hopefully it will budge off. Stubborn body. Lol thanks everyone xx

Pet I weighed in this morning and no loss and my mum did the same at the weekend and no loss. I' going to boots on an early lunch to check the scales.

I've been really good and done 30mins on vibroplate the last 3 nights and 30mins walking and TOTM is over so I'm not bloated.... Really feeling your pain and I can only stay on for another 3 weeks!!

Did you check the scales in Boots after? Don't fret too much anyway pet as the body can reach a plateau sometimes when your metabolism slows down to hold onto fuel when it thinks there's a famine on! You'll be back on track before you know it....maybe a nice brisk walk later or a swim?

x S

Actually I'm just back in the door and they said I was 2lbs down, I then checked the ones outside boots and they said I was 4.5lbs down so I'm gonna get a new set s I don't WI at pharmacy- only day I can get there is Sat to get shakes and generally a queue of at least 6 or 7 people when I've been there.

I'm sticking with it and I'll see how I get on with the new scales. Going for a sessio on the vibroplate tonight (love the tone it gives you and the reduction in celulite) then out for a walk with the hounds...

Going to keep at it, I've got to keep positive. I've only got 4 weeks left. Bring it on lol. I have to say you have all spurred me through the low... Thanks everyone well done jk xxx

Actually I'm just back in the door and they said I was 2lbs down, I then checked the ones outside boots and they said I was 4.5lbs down so I'm gonna get a new set s I don't WI at pharmacy- only day I can get there is Sat to get shakes and generally a queue of at least 6 or 7 people when I've been there.

I'm sticking with it and I'll see how I get on with the new scales. Going for a sessio on the vibroplate tonight (love the tone it gives you and the reduction in celulite) then out for a walk with the hounds...

Well done for the loss.

I Know that with me it tends to be small loss big loss and thats the pattern. On my first time lipo diet I didn't lose anything on week 8 and then lost 10lb's on week 9!

skinnymam said:
I Know that with me it tends to be small loss big loss and thats the pattern. On my first time lipo diet I didn't lose anything on week 8 and then lost 10lb's on week 9!

Ahhh that makes me feel better I'm on week 6 today so I'm going to keep an eye on my water make sure I'm drinking it and do some gentle exercise this weekend. Fingers crossed! Xxx thanks all xx

Back