Why I am I suddenly gaining???

Bubbles1984

Silver Member
Now I am no stranger to Slimming world, its been hugely successful to me in me losing just over 4 stone etc.

BUT....

Just before Xmas i reached 10 stone 3lbs (i would like to be between 9 stone and 9 stone 7lbs). I had a wee blow out between xmas and new year and when i weighed in i was 10 stone 9lbs. No Big deal, i just went straight back on the diet and within a week, had lost 3lbs taking me to 10 stone 6lbs. Now since then ive stuck to the diet 100% (mixing up recipes in case my body was stuck in a rut), drinking loads of water and also started working out more (cardio boxing etc and Ab Blaster).....and Ive gone back up to between 10 stone 8 and 10 stone 9lbs.

Why??? I swear im not cheating, im trying to be more active and all its getting me is a gain! Its really starting to get me down. As ive got closer to target ive struggled. I reach 10 stone 9lbs in the middle of October and it took me between then and xmas to get to 10 stone 3lbs (a hard slog!) but now all my hard work is getting undone...despite me being 100% and working out! I snack on loads of fruit (mainly satsumas or grapes or blueberries), i eat a varied diet, i dont drink alcohol (unless on a very rare night out) so whats gone wrong???? Im also tempted to kick in the exercise but im desperate to tone up.

Can anyone shed any light? :cry::cry:

Hi Bubbles

Have you taken your measurements? Exercise can sometimes show on the inches but not on the scales. You are very close to your target weight, and I have heard (being so far from mine) that it does get harder the closer you get to T! Someone closer to target may be able to give you some advice on how to get past that and shed those last few pounds.

Some things to look at could be your syns - are you having too many or not enough? What about your Healthy Extras, are you weighing/measuring things out or guessing? If you're following EE are you having the 1/3 superfree with every meal?

Sorry I can't offer more advice. I'm sure others will have better advice for you hun. Good luck xx

Although you say you are drinking lots of water it may not be enough. When you are new to exercising your muscles retain water to repair themselves. This can show as a gain but usually clears after a few weeks.

You will also need to take in more calories for your increased activity. So if you are instead trying to cut back in an effort to lose weight your body may start panicking and retain calories.

Also, you say that you snack on lots of fruit, which can be high in sugar so it is possible to have too much.

Why not post your food diary for a few days and we'll take a look. Make sure you include the amounts you are having.

Don't give up the exercise, it's good for you in so many different ways not just weight loss.

Last week I gained 2.5lb even though I'd stuck to it 100% and exercised. I can only take it as a blip (one of many I've had) & from what I've read this happens to a lot of people.

PS. Your photo is fantastic! :)

It should level out after a few weeks. I find that this happens to me when I start any kind of new exercise. In the meantime though if you havent already done it take your measurements & enjoy watching them going down.

Good luck :)

I had my first weigh in yesterday, a day early. I'd gained a pound. I work hard in gym doing cardio 5 times a week I do a bit of resistant training there as well. A little swimming and abb ex dvd at home. Also walk the dog 30 mins a day. Stuck to plan 100% and gained. Since getting back to the gym in sept I look better and feel better but I'm now heavier I have to laugh. I'm sure all the exercise and dieting will show up next week.

Back