Why I like scan bran

slimandhappy

I bought my first packet of scan bran yesterday, and it took me a while to get used to the flavour. I had them with marmite and banana.
The reason I like scan bran is that you really have to chew a long time, so breakfast can take me 45 minutes whereas with other crispreads they are gone within 5 minutes. Lol. Still struggling to eat the last 2.

Marmite and banana together!! :p
I'm also a lover of scan bran (bought 2 packs last night to get me back on track!)
I like that they keep you full for so long, just off to have mine now with milk and banana, will probably have three and save the other 2 for later :)

I love scan bran too but I make the carrot cake out of it with am activia fat free vanillia yogurt. Delish! Yesterday I had it with a sliced banana too, yum. I tried once to eat it like a ryvita, it wasnt too bad but boy did it take some getting through like you said, lol! I had to have a glass of water next to me aswell to wash it down!

I had scan bran with my porridge, didnt really know what to do with it so i crumbled it, stuck it in the porridge and microwaved it so that it could be healthy extra B.

I am a scan bran convert, I really like it now & my favourite recipe is the scan bran toffee cake (1 b choice + 4 1/2 syns for the whole cake)

I don't think I COULD eat more than 2 at once, but I LOVE the fact that it takes so long to chew - you really feel you've EATEN something!!!

I like mine with VLF cottage cheese and Marmite, or with 28g very strong cheddar wizzed into Quark to make it go further. Apologies to those of you who have difficulty buying Quark, for it is so useful in recipes and dips.

You can find more SB recipes if you Google "scan bran" on MiniMins. But there are not nearly enough recipes, especially MICROWAVABLE ones, so please HELP!

Last edited:
could i have the recipe for the cake please

The recipe for the cake is:

4 scan bran
1 Weetabix
1 Tablespoon Golden Syrup
I mug Granulated Sweetener
1 Sachet Toffee Options
1 or two eggs (I only use 1)

Method:
Soak the scan bran in boiling water, drain off excess water & mash up with a fork. Add the crushed weetabix, sachet of options, sweetener & syrup & stir well then add the egg, I like the consistency to just be slightly runny, if I put two eggs in it is too runny for me.

Pour into a baking tin & cook in the oven for 45 - 50 mins on 180

You can put any flavour options in, it tastes good with the chocolate one too

Back