Why I love JUDDD X

bajoleth

Gold Member
Thought I would start a thread about what I like about Juddd and why it works for me,as there are lots of new members and others getting interested in it as a diet option I thought it might be helpful.
Please add your Juddd experience long or short to give others an insight into the 'diet' x

Right I love love love Juddd, I have tried every kind of diet out there and on all of them I have always been looking past the diet, by that I mean I have been looking forward to eating favourite meals again, eating with my husband, not feeling like a social outcast at social events , just generally feeling constantly deprived, sound familiar :)
With Juddd I know I am only a day away from normal eating, enjoying a meal with my family etc, I am not looking beyond the diet as I feel like I will be doing Juddd to one extent or other after I have reached my goal. To me its not a diet its a way of eating that has become second nature to me now I do not feel deprived, even on my DD's instead I feel in control, I actually look forward to my monday DD aftermy weekend of UPs. For once the scales are going in the right direction without me counting the weeks until I can get back to normal. Whether I lose 1 or 2 lbs a week really doesn't matter, I eat foods that I enjoy on a regular basis and can enjoy meals with my husband and go out without having to watch what I eat or drink or feeling guilty that I have strayed from my diet, none of that applies to me anymore.
Some may think that this diet teaches you nothing about healthy eating and portion control but actually it does , even if you don't want it too, you get used to the DD's and can actually get by on less than you are allowed quite easily, you feel fuller quicker on your UPs and seem to never eat all those things you dream of on your DD's.
This diet may not be for everyone but its def the only one for me :)
ETA That old question, "Can you have your Cake and eat it" well in Juddd I have found the answer "YES you can" !!!

I wish this had a "like" button as per Facebook. The above post would definitely get a few votes!!!!!

gentoo/aptenny

Loads of reasons! To name a few:

- I feel in touch with my hunger
- I still get to enjoy that full feeling (which is missing if you do long term calorie restriction)
- I don't need to binge!
- I can eat anything I like (just not every day!)
- I love the flat tummy feeling the day after a DD
- it fits in with my low carb lifestyle
- I can do it when I want! I can choose my DDs to fit in with my life
- I save a stack load of money not eating (much) 3 days a week
- there's a lot of research supporting the health benefits of intermittent fasting, so after years of beating myself up over food, I'm finally doing something healthy about it.
- its easy to hide, so if I don't want to tell someone, I don't have to

I know there's more... There are downsides to this diet too, but far less than ups :)

I remember doing it with complete fasting on my down days and the weight loss was brilliant. I didn't binge which is a big thing for me and found I was eating less naturally! Prob my stomach shrinking. I don't know why I stopped. I'm making this a lifestyle choice now, not a diet!!!

I love JUDDD because it's really easy to explain to people.
I love JUDDD because it's working.
I love JUDDD because the members are friendly.
I love JUDDD because it makes sense (I'm a scientist/biologist by qualification)
I love JUDDD because it fits into my lifestyle rather than me having to change my lifestyle to fit JUDDD.
I love JUDDD because I can eat with the family and not have to eat something completely different all the time.
I love JUDDD because I can combine it with other diet principles without compromising.
(there you go, one reason for each day of the week!)

gentoo/aptenny

Great positive posts!

I've been waiting to use that smilie haha you beat me to it :mad: :D x

Lol, I would imagine its quite difficult to squeeze a wizard eating dragon into a diet page lol

15 lost : 52 to goal

Yep I hadn't found the right moment :sigh2: :D

Are you stealing all my best smilies ??? Its smilie war :asskick:

I was just :character00115: up then (any excuse to use a smilie ha ha) x

gentoo said:
I wish this had a "like" button as per Facebook. The above post would definitely get a few votes!!!!!

gentoo/aptenny

There is a like button when viewed on the full site on a computer.

Back