Why is fat free yogurt free but not skimmed milk?

My exact comment was that you can not be 100% sure of Syns values without referring to the website that was my comment.

As for the money thing if you noticed i made light of it at the end of my post by saying im sure it cost more than £3 per week to get overweight... but i guess that was lost on everyone as they were too fast to jump out of their seats to grab their pitchforks

There are so many 'rows' I agree, it's sad. I tend to stay out of it all tbh, but this one has really hit a nerve. You can't tell someone they aren't following SW properly just because they don't have access to syn values from the SW website.

There are so many 'rows' I agree, it's sad. I tend to stay out of it all tbh, but this one has really hit a nerve. You can't tell someone they aren't following SW properly just because they don't have access to syn values from the SW website.

Me too, but because a very helpful and useful post was taken totally out of context.
If the OP had been "which yoghurts are free" and Erm had said "only natural FF yoghurt" then yep, it would have been incorrect, but the answer wasn't in relation to that!!

I'm finding it pretty tough on here these days :sigh:

Paul_Farnham_uk said:
ok for the sake of argument i will say i may have miscontrued what ermintrude said however i stand by my point that the ONLY place to get a 100% accurate reference of syn values if on the SW website.

If people choose not to attend a group or do the online SW they technically arent following SW anyway

Sorry but of course they are still following slimming world. Not everyone can afford to go to a group or do it on line. Some have problems finding childcare or work shifts and it just isn't possible for them to get to a group. As LisaC says a "diet" is what you eat, so as long as you are following the books you ARE following slimming world! Also online and the books are not the only place to find "correct " information as someone's already posted (sorry, I'm doing this on my iPhone and I can't see who posted what at the moment and I have a memory like a sieve so my hubby says :) ).

I love minimims, there are very knowledgeable people on here with a lot of experience which along with yours books you can't go wrong!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

My exact comment was that you can not be 100% sure of Syns values without referring to the website that was my comment.

As for the money thing if you noticed i made light of it at the end of my post by saying im sure it cost more than £3 per week to get overweight... but i guess that was lost on everyone as they were too fast to jump out of their seats to grab their pitchforks

Well I disagree. Most of the time the 1 syn per 20 calories rule works, and if it doesn't I trust the people who help out in the syns subforum. They are usually taking the information directly from the SW website! (Btw I might point out that Erm is usually always first to answer in the syns section, and her point about the yoghurt was taken out of context, I trust her completely when it comes to syn values!)

As for the comment about the £3 a week, other people's money is not something you can make light of.

Well you know i have better things to do than argue about this so i wont be looking at this thread again now.

Hope you are all pleased that i wont be posting anymore.

Good luck with your weight loss

evilpenguin said:
Well I disagree. Most of the time the 1 syn per 20 calories rule works, and if it doesn't I trust the people who help out in the syns subforum. They are usually taking the information directly from the SW website! (Btw I might point out that Erm is usually always first to answer in the syns section, and her point about the yoghurt was taken out of context, I trust her completely when it comes to syn values!)

As for the comment about the £3 a week, other people's money is not something you can make light of.

I agree any cons I know advise the 20 kcal per syn rule ... Esp if stuck! I have been to group and stumped the cons on a syn value with a reply of 'I'll get back yo you' whereas I coul of prob found it quicker on here ;)

What works for one doesn't work for all!

The Original Question was....
Why is Fat Free Yogurt free and not Skimmed Milk?

Well I KNOW the answer and it's 100% accurate!!

It's because...

It just IS!!!! end of! :D

Keldelacoe said:
I think you are out for a argument yes! I think you should stop being so penchulant! If this site is so pointless why have you bothered to be here?

I also wonder about this.

jaylou said:
Ermintrude was offering her opinion on why yoghurt is free and not skimmed milk. Okay, she may have said only FF natural yoghurt is free, a small slip, but her point was correct and answered the OP's question very succinctly.

There are quite a few "rows" on here lately, which is why I don't take such an active role these days. Quite sad to be honest.

I agree Ermintrude's post was correct and very well put.

I too never post on heated posts but felt that i had to post on this one.

Shirleen said:
The Original Question was....
Why is Fat Free Yogurt free and not Skimmed Milk?

Well I KNOW the answer and it's 100% accurate!!

It's because...

It just IS!!!! end of! :D

Lol, well said

Why do people like this always go on about how everyone is entitled to an opinion, then when other people give an opinion they go off in a huff?

And btw, if you do come back to this thread, the word Keldelacoe meant was petulant, and you proved the comment correct with your retort!

Actually no im not out for an argument at all, i started out trying to offer some helpful advice to help new people not be mislead by poorly worded posts on here.

But if people want to then get antsy and start attacking me and my opinions when i have clearly stated they are my opinions in a non constructive manner why should i just go hide in a corner?

The truth is i generally find this site to be helpful and fun but then there are times like this where people take things way too seriously and start getting nasty.

Then they acuse me of being out for an argument when i pull them up on it, grow up!

PS might be worth reconsidering your word "Penchulant" as it doesnt exist

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

I'm finding it pretty tough on here these days :sigh:

I hardly ever come on here anymore for precisely this reason.
People seem more interested in starting arguments and picking peoples responses to pieces than what it is actually for - a friendly helpful support for people - many of whom do not attend class or use the sw online.
Such a shame.

evilpenguin said:
Why do people like this always go on about how everyone is entitled to an opinion, then when other people give an opinion they go off in a huff?

And btw, if you do come back to this thread, the word Keldelacoe meant was petulant, and you proved the comment correct with your retort!

Actually no im not out for an argument at all, i started out trying to offer some helpful advice to help new people not be mislead by poorly worded posts on here.

But if people want to then get antsy and start attacking me and my opinions when i have clearly stated they are my opinions in a non constructive manner why should i just go hide in a corner?

The truth is i generally find this site to be helpful and fun but then there are times like this where people take things way too seriously and start getting nasty.

Then they acuse me of being out for an argument when i pull them up on it, grow up!

PS might be worth reconsidering your word "Penchulant" as it doesnt exist

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
can I blame auto correct? *hides in shame*

Keldelacoe said:
can I blame auto correct? *hides in shame*

It does exist just not spelt that way lol!

Milk still has fat in, even skimmed milk has a little bit in, so its not fat free (only fat-free natural yoghurt is free).

But I think its probably more what sparklesazzy says, itd be so easy to down it in pints if milk was unlimited, whereas yoghurt just comes in a small pot and you eat it with a spoon, so its already setting boundaries on how much you'll eat in one go and how fast you'll eat it (like wholw fruit being free but whizzed fruit synned). Even the big Muller lights you'd need nearly two and a half to correspond to one HEX of milk and most people arent going to eat more than two and a half Mullers in one sitting, or even in a day, whereas you could easily drink several HEXes of milk just in one glass.

Just a guess though.

Just in case anyone new wants to know the actual answer, i thought I'd bump Ermintrudes very helpful one.

Its the same with fat free cottage cheese being free & low fat not being. SW is a low fat diet, so inevitably anything Fat free is going to be better. It will have less calories & less fat, so you can eat more, or rather, eat the same amount for a lower calorie intake, and be just as full.

Peace Out x

Thanks to those who came to put the fire out lol. Fat free isn't always syn free though remember. Loads of yoghurts are fat free but still have syns, like the Onken ones.

Imagine if Skimmed milk were free....
Breakfast: scrambled egg with milk added, milky coffee.
Mid morning: I'll have an apple, and a milky coffee
Lunch: pasta n sauce made with skimmed milk, another milky coffee.
Mid afternoon: milky coffee and a banana
Tea: spag Bol and rice pudding made with skimmed milk, with a glass milk to drink
Supper: Options with milk

That's about three pints of milk in ONE day!
Try doing that with ff yogurt!

Milk is sneaky. I actually started measuring mine properly a couple of weeks ago because I worked out I was sneaking in an extra 12 syns worth of milk a day - and that was skimmed stuff! :eek:

I hardly ever come on here anymore for precisely this reason.
People seem more interested in starting arguments and picking peoples responses to pieces than what it is actually for - a friendly helpful support for people - many of whom do not attend class or use the sw online.
Such a shame.

The thing to remember is if you can't go to class or join onine, for whatever reason, that's what Minimins is for. You're MORE than welcome. If you need help ask for it, you'll get it. If you need syn values the forums are there & people will only reply if they know the answer.

evilpenguin said:
Milk is sneaky. I actually started measuring mine properly a couple of weeks ago because I worked out I was sneaking in an extra 12 syns worth of milk a day - and that was skimmed stuff! :eek:

Oops mmm I think maybe I should go back to measuring mine. I take soya unsweetened in my drinks and oats now I can't really tell the difference and I get a bit more.

Shirleen said:
Imagine if Skimmed milk were free....
Breakfast: scrambled egg with milk added, milky coffee.
Mid morning: I'll have an apple, and a milky coffee
Lunch: pasta n sauce made with skimmed milk, another milky coffee.
Mid afternoon: milky coffee and a banana
Tea: spag Bol and rice pudding made with skimmed milk, with a glass milk to drink
Supper: Options with milk

That's about three pints of milk in ONE day!
Try doing that with ff yogurt!

evilpenguin said:

Yikes, just shows if u don't measure other foods as well the syns will soon start adding up! There was that poem someone posted, was it called Mrs Goodie or something. Anyway she kept having a little of this a bite of that but she thought she was was being good. All those little bits she had soon racked up the syns!

Back