Why Is It So Difficult? :(

New

Silver Member
Hi all,

I've been on SW now for 6 weeks and lost 8lbs. My weight losses have been as follows :

Week 1 - 5lbs
Week 2 - 1lb
Week 3 - 1lb
Week 4 - STS
Week 5 - 1lb
Week 6 - STS

Now, I'm no saint, however, I have been really good so far this week and I weighed myself this morning and I'm up 1.6lbs :(

I have a diary on here which I write down everything (even when I sky rocket on syns!) but I don't know what else to try.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Xx

Never weigh yourself at home! That my first tip. Your scales will not be the same as SW scales. Mine and the Wii are about 3 to 4 lbs in difference.

Secondly, can you link me to your diary? Ill have a look and see if i can find anything.

There can be loads of reasons for scales to be up.

Have you been to the toilet? Are you drinking enough fluid? Is it totm? Our bodies do fluctuate a lot but keep it going 8lbs is great!!

There can be loads of reasons for scales to be up.

Have you been to the toilet? Are you drinking enough fluid? Is it totm? Our bodies do fluctuate a lot but keep it going 8lbs is great!!

How much do you usually flucuate with TOM cause i haddn't lost any weight this week and i was TOM but had a good week despite not realising i was having 5 syns a day i didnt count, but i had no other syns haha. Could this have been the reason?

equi said:
How much do you usually flucuate with TOM cause i haddn't lost any weight this week and i was TOM but had a good week despite not realising i was having 5 syns a day i didnt count, but i had no other syns haha. Could this have been the reason?

I'm not sure as my first week on sw I had my totm and I lost 2.5lbs now admittedly I've only got 7-14lbs to target so I expected slow loss. I guess I'll find out next month what my weight does around totm.

I gain a pound when it's totm but that is when I weigh in the couple of days just before totm, otherwise I don't get the distortion. I think it varies for each individual.

Hi,

Thanks for all your replies. I'll try and answer them all:

1. Sadly, my scales are exactly the same as group.

2. Here's a link to my diary http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-food-diaries/266382-new-food-diary-new.html

3. I'm 7 days away from * day, but I lost 1lb last time.

4. I do nothing but drink water. That's all I drink (no coffee, tea, squash or alcohol)

5. I count my syns regardless if I've had 1, or 200!

6. I am going to the toilet fine. All Bran every morning sorts that! :p

I'm really frustrated as I don't know what else to do, apart from increase my exercise, which is fine, but at the minute I'm working 160 mile around trip from home, so it's not practical at the minute

Xx

Tbh, and I don't mean this to sound sarky - I'm not really sure what your problem is?! You've lost 8lbs in 6 weeks which is a good steady loss on SW (not counting the sneaky peak as only WI counts!) and having had a quick scan of your diary you've not been 100% by some way. If you stick to plan I'm sure you would lose more. Seems to me as though you're doing fine!

I've just had a quick read of your diary - you need to vary your foods a bit, the same breakfast and salad for lunch most days is no variety!

Also, you don't seem to stick to it 100% - I know it's hard, I've done this for a long time, but you need to have a week of 100% with some more variety in your foods and you'll get a better result.

Try having some fruit on your breakfast too.

I would also be happy with 8lb in 6 weeks but there definitely are things you can change.

Thanks for your replies.

Yes, I am happy with 8lbs - better off than on, but it just seems like I'm at a standstill. I always expect too much! :p

I try and vary my food, but I'm super picky! My dinners in the evening are varied.

What do you have at lunch? I've run out of tuna, so I'll have to get something different today!

I do appreciate your replies :)

Thanks for that.

So do you have a different breakfast, lunch and dinner every day?

Yep, pretty much.
Breakfast - I vary between muesli, fruit and yoghurt, weetabix and fruit, porridge oats, scrambled egg, mushrooms, toast, full cooked breakfast

Lunch - either leftovers from the night before, ham and egg salad, jacket potato and beans, home made soup

Dinner - anything, always home made and from scratch so chilli, curry, pasta, risotto, eggs and SW chips, roast dinners

The possibilities are endless! But variety really is the key, it stops boredom and keeps the body guessing!

Wow!

There's no way I could do all that for breakfast. I work miles away from home and I can't eat first thing in the morning (generally have my All Bran at 8:30am at work)

I suppose I could have a few different cereals to pick and choose from. I don't like plain yoghurt, but I could have a Muller Light.

Lunch is tricky as people in my office moan about food being cooked (I do say what's the point of the kitchen if we can't use it!)

Dinner is fine as I cook them - have a number of recipes that I circle through.

I'll think really hard this week for breakfast and lunch I can have next week

Wow!

There's no way I could do all that for breakfast. I work miles away from home and I can't eat first thing in the morning (generally have my All Bran at 8:30am at work)

I suppose I could have a few different cereals to pick and choose from. I don't like plain yoghurt, but I could have a Muller Light.

Lunch is tricky as people in my office moan about food being cooked (I do say what's the point of the kitchen if we can't use it!)

Dinner is fine as I cook them - have a number of recipes that I circle through.

I'll think really hard this week for breakfast and lunch I can have next week

if im eating at work i have hardboiled eggs and ham and some cherry tomatoes yummy and easy

That does sound nice (apart from the tomatoes!)

I guess I'll just have to find a load of quick and easy recipes for lunch

I don't follow Sw but occasionally have a SW-style "green week" mixed in with my small portion/low-cal/low-carb/hybrid diet!

I could not do one thing the same constantly

variety is the key thats spot on - you must "shock" the body ! It will gladly accept the same routine and become sluggish - you need to be one step ahead and keep your metabolism guessing

the 160 mile round trip must make it hard to get your system moving, but try eating a banana or something part way through your journey, the sooner you wake up your metabolism the better

I am the worlds worst morning eater, I started having to force breakfast in, now, I'm actually hungry in the mornings, it isn't so bad

I am no SW expert and it seems you have got great advice from the pro's above - I would listen to that, try small changes and keep on shocking

Being picky doesn't help, I personally don't have that problem, I will eat anything - apart from bad stuff of course!

Finally - the tough love bit - DON'T CHEAT!

Hey,

Thanks for your reply.

I hate bananas (I do like healthy food, honest!) but I do have a cereal bar and a few grapes in the car - generally when I'm stuck in heavy traffic! :p

I'm going to try and find 5 different lunches I can have in the week. I think I'm stuck with my cereal (unless I can find another one that I like which constitutes as a Healthy Extra B)

I do red days (limited carbs) but maybe I should swap to green for a bit? I do miss pasta sometimes. Maybe I could have that for lunch?

I try not to cheat, but I do write it down so I'm not kidding myself when the scales don't budge.

Thanks for everyones input :)

Firstly...you have lost more than I can manage to lose in 6 weeks. In the last 6 weeks I've lost 2lb or so. But there is no reason behind why, i'm just a slow loser.

Make sure you are eating enough. Remember to eat until you are satisfied. Make sure you drink enough too.

Oh and don't weigh in the week. Weigh at your weigh in and thats it. Guaranteed if i get on in the week i will have gained 2lbor so...as soon as i get on for weigh in i've ended up with a loss, so don't go by what you are weighing mid week, its about as reliable as the internet on my phone (i.e not at all)

Back